Thread: Christian NTJs?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Yes, I thought since you have discovered existing christian INTJ's, you would move on. I see many questions remain.
    'Course! I want to pick their brainssss.

Is there any other reason behind this interest?
    Other than mere curiosity? No, not really.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Okay... so do you follow under a particular denomination? Do you attend church regularly? Were you brought up in the faith? How do you reconcile (if you do or have ever had to) your logical, analytical selves with your faith and belief in a Higher Being? What! Give me something!
    Brought up Catholic and non-denominational now. I have gone through long periods where I've attended every week though I'm not right now .

Faith is really not logical/analytical. In either case, in typological terms, NTJs have Ni as dominant or auxiliary. Ni seems like the antithesis of logical/analytical.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Ni seems like the antithesis of logical/analytical.
    Why? How?

How is it that an ESP's Ni is different from INJ's Ni? Is it because one is more "logical"?

Sniffles

I know one who last I heard is studying in a seminary.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

My ENTJ bro has a religious background, he doesn't currently belong to any denomination (I believe) but I'd still call him religious, whatever the case he's not an atheist.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    I just wonder what makes the Christian community in Europe so different from the American one...
    Here's a visual aid to help give you an idea, at least in terms of spiritual aesthetics:

[youtube="SCot5L54-dE"]European[/youtube]

In terms of intellectual depth, here's an interview with Rene Girard - a very prominent French Christian intellectual:
    [youtube="e5LkR3QNG8o"]European part 2[/youtube]

Compare this with the stereotypical image of what Christianity commonly means to Americans.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KLessard View Post
    By the way... C.S. Lewis: INTJ and one of the greatest Christian writers there are.
    Yes, Lewis was an INTJ.... he offers a great example if you examine his approach to the faith in how he writes about things, what angles he takes, how he explains them, etc.

I've met/been counseled by Larry Crabb (Christian psychologist and author of a number of books) and he seems very INTJ to me as well (esp the J part).

I'll echo the comments on Ni.

INTPs are more flexible in some ways but in terms of the Ti logic, I think it's more demanding.
    Ti takes evidence and then sees where it goes regardless or what they WANT to believe, and won't budge extra just to fill in a picture.
    Hence, the common agnostic view among INTPs, although you will find atheists and believers in there depending on their experiences.

INTJ's tend to just "see truth" and then spend time supporting it.
    So their faith depends on their initial sight or the big "connect the dots" picture they see.
    They will connect dots that an INTP will refuse to on principle.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Feedback is welcome.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I'm an INTJ and I guess I'm a Christian in a loose sense. I was raised Catholic and though I don't agree with all the tenets of the church, I don't have the scars or the resentment many Catholics do when they grow up. My collection of beliefs probably make me a Deist, but I don't see anything wrong with participating in Catholic mass or other ceremonies on the infrequent occasion that I do. I think church is just a place to be close to God, and they're all pretty much the same to me that way. The Catholic church is just what I'm used to.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    Why? How?

How is it that an ESP's Ni is different from INJ's Ni? Is it because one is more "logical"?
    I just don't think Ni has anything to do with being logical at all. This is how I've described it:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...99-post34.html

With regards to Ni as a dominant or auxiliary function (NTJ) vs Ni as an inferior function (ESP), you might get some insights here:

Myers-Briggs Type Indicator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    INTJ's tend to just "see truth" and then spend time supporting it.
    So their faith depends on their initial sight or the big "connect the dots" picture they see.
    They will connect dots that an INTP will refuse to on principle.

Or maybe I'm wrong. Feedback is welcome.
    Yes, religious faith is one of the subjects where a clear difference between INTPs and INTJs is shown. Many of the former will simply refuse to take a stand on a matter they perceive to be on the fringes of what rational inquiry can answer for them.

Atheist INTJ reporting in, by the way.