User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Have you heard of the extreme male brain theory (Simon Baron-Cohen)?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ISFJ

Well if NTs have less testosterone what of the NF males?

I think it's all kind of bogus. Testoterone can influence your psyche but the correlation, if any, is minimal.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Humorously enough, in the last new pop personality system we discussed here -- the one that attached one of four archetypes to one of four biochemicals (dopamine, testosterone, estrogen, and I think serotonin) -- the Director type correlates most to NT and is the one attached to testosterone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I've been accused of having more....
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey
    Me too.
    Me three.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Yes. My tentative theory is that NTs were exposed to more testosterone in the womb when the basic brain pattern was laid down (this is fairly easy to gage with 2d:4d ratio). This "masculinization" predisposes them to autistic spectrum disorders (according to Baron-Cohen). INTs are over-represented when it comes to ASDs.

The amount of testosterone circulating in the blood in adulthood is different from prenatal levels, which are under the influence of the mother.

There does seem to be this odd discrepancy whereby male NTs are often less typically masculine and female NTs more so. I can think of a few reasons for that (both biochemical and sociological) but it would be pure speculation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

I guess yes.

I was quite borderline ISTP/INTP until pubertia. But the more I gained testosterone, the more I became S. I think that xNTJ have more testrosterone than xNTP though. The first want to conquer te world to submit every member of the opposite sex, the second prefer arguing than sex.

But do NT females have less progesteron?
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    There does seem to be this odd discrepancy whereby male NTs are often less typically masculine and female NTs more so. I can think of a few reasons for that (both biochemical and sociological) but it would be pure speculation.
    Personally, I think it's because we don't see the logic in carrying on traditional roles and behaviors when there's no point to it. If something needs doing, the best person for the job does it. And we are far less likely to give a crap about what people think about us. One of the things I'm loving about dating an INTP is that he flat-out Does. Not. Care. what people think about him (but is still considerate of me).

As to the OP, I don't think NTs have less testosterone. But I think they aren't very likely to let their lives be ruled by it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    This is closer to what's going on, I think. In my estimation, some people are more sensitive to the neurological effects of testosterone, while others are more sensitive to the somatic effects of testosterone. However, outside of the womb, where testosterone comes from the mother, the body ends up producing the majority of its testosterone through responses to somatic stimuli (for example, the microtrauma that causes muscular hypertrophy).

Banned
    MBTI
    IxFx
    Enneagram
    5w4

My father had a full beard when he was 18. I'm in my mid twenties and I still can't grow a full beard. But it's common these days. At least in Norway it is. The ones that can grow a full beard as young adult are in the tiny box, the rest of us who still look like we're fifteen at the age of 25 are in the big box. When I'm 40 I'm gonna look like I'm 25, so I'm probably gonna date 18 year olds, teheh.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by cless986 View Post
    Just an another entp crazy thought... Maybe because we born with less testosterone than others, we all had a childhood with a lack of interest and energy in sports, and prefering to stay reading, daydreaming, thinking, solitary stuff, etc... and grew and develop a personality that favours thinking over doing, mind over body (at least in my case)
    dont get me wrong, I enjoy playing basketball, swimming, pingpong, once in a while, but I prefer staying indoors and stimulate my mind
    But I always wanted to try skydiving
    Do the finger test: If your ring finger is longer than the index finger, you have enough/too much testosterone.

Seriously though, I'm NT to a fault, and I prefer physical outdoor activities. And do try skydiving!! It's an expensive addiction. Your wallet will hate me for suggesting it!
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Type doesn't necessarily affect one's hormone levels.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ????

I have enough/too much testosterone...and my body hates it!

Could having more testosterone affect being T?
    Excuse me, but does this smell like chloroform to you?

Always reserve the right to become smarter at a future point in time, for only a fool limits themselves to all they knew in the past. -Alex