Thread: Fe

MBTI
    iNTp
    Enneagram
    IDK
    Socionics
    IDK

Default Fe

I juist had this crazy thought.. according to wikipedia "Fe responds to the explicit (and implicit) wants of others, and may even create an internal conflict between the subject’s own needs and the desire to meet the needs of others". I think that when an ESFJ is a kid, and they r being nice to ppl just by their pure nature ppl give them stuff, and the Ne is fuel with this knowledge that if u nice You'll get wat u want, and when they got upset ppl would try to make them feel better, so they always interpreted that as " people want to give me stuff (implicit wants of others). their not selfish or greedy they hav just been fueled the wrong information. I think it also translate to the INTP in a very limited and undeveloped dose and thats why we detach from ppl early on in life... Sorry if this is scatter brained i just thought of it and i needed to say something b4 i forgot
    love is boring without infidelity. thanks to an unknown visitor i spelt infidelity correctly now

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Fe for younger INTPs will most likely exhibit itself negatively in the majority of situations. This means that they can:

• Be hypersensitive to the social and emotional demands of the people around them.
    • Feel "under attack" by those demands.
    • Be oblivious to those demands.
    • Be unsure of how to interpret and incorporate those demands into their Ti worldview. They'll label certain overtures as "shallow and pointless" or when trying to help another, offer some sort of universal, impersonal "truth" and then be frustrated that it wasn't what that person was looking for.

If you figure it out, let me know, because I still suck balls.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Rabbit View Post
    I think that when an ESFJ is a kid, and they r being nice to ppl just by their pure nature ppl give them stuff,
    If view is "you *should* be "nice" and people *should* give "nice" things", it is Fe. Etiquette.

If it is mainly "if 'act' nice, you should be given things", it is Ti. Logic.

and the Ne is fuel with this knowledge that if u nice You'll get wat u want, and when they got upset ppl would try to make them feel better, so they always interpreted that as " people want to give me stuff (implicit wants of others). their not selfish or greedy they hav just been fueled the wrong information.
    Ne is only concentrated on interpreting/seeing/creating possibilities. You are either talking about Ti or Fe----in combination with Si. We can have *wrong* Ti and *wrong* Fe. INTP's have often have *wrong* Fe and ESFJ have *correct* Fe, vice versa.

I think it also translate to the INTP in a very limited and undeveloped dose and thats why we detach from ppl early on in life... Sorry if this is scatter brained i just thought of it and i needed to say something b4 i forgot
    It's a good thought. We are detached and underdeveloped early because Fe is our lowest function in the hierarchy, the most draining process for our cognition. And since it is very "draining"(not exciting, not interesting), it becomes underdeveloped because we have not paid attention to it. So therefore, our "bad Fe" results into:

Fe for younger INTPs will most likely exhibit itself negatively in the majority of situations. This means that they can:

Be hypersensitive to the social and emotional demands of the people around them.
    Feel "under attack" by those demands.
    Be oblivious to those demands.
    Be unsure of how to interpret and incorporate those demands into their Ti worldview. They'll label certain overtures as "shallow and pointless" or when trying to help another, offer some sort of universal, impersonal "truth" and then be frustrated that it wasn't what that person was looking for.

What's confusing me, however, is that, as a kid, I remember being comfortable with my Fe.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's confusing me, however, is that, as a kid, I remember being comfortable with my Fe.
    What sort of things were you comfortable with?

My Fe lens was present but distorted, and it did not become nuanced until later in life. Back then, I felt like etiquette was a social obligation and after a certain point was irrational and a nuisance. I also did not perceive that Fe could benefit me, rather than just being an imposition.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What sort of things were you comfortable with?
    1. I always had an emotion on my face, most often the "smile".

2. Touching was not a problem.

3. Hugging

4. Playing

5. Displaying Emotions

6. Crying

I had all the "normal kid" symptom. Now, I'm just very secluded.

My Fe lens was present but distorted, and it did not become nuanced until later in life. Back then, I felt like etiquette was a social obligation and after a certain point was irrational and a nuisance. I also did not perceive that Fe could benefit me, rather than just being an imposition.
    So you think you have developed significantly? I know I haven't.

MBTI
    STP

I rely more on Ti. If you do things they will come, but honestly that concept is so engrained in myself that I just do things for others and enjoy what I do. I dont feel like its an obligation, I dont really think about it at all. I dont have any pull to help people though like an Fe dom does, to be nice to everyone, etc.

"Helping" people is where me and my wife really connect, but Dom and Inferior really part ways when it comes to "expectations" or "should". This is where my Ti comes in and logically says "who cares about should be, what is makes logical sense and unless something changes it wont be". But because of Dom Fe drive, my logic doesnt apply because they dont use it so when it comes to them, "what wont be...already is" if that makes sense. There sole way of functioning defies my logic because they take a proactive approach and keep pushing with Fe.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I rely more on Ti. If you do things they will come, but honestly that concept is so engrained in myself that I just do things for others and enjoy what I do. I dont feel like its an obligation, I dont really think about it at all. I dont have any pull to help people though like an Fe dom does, to be nice to everyone, etc.

"Helping" people is where me and my wife really connect, but Dom and Inferior really part ways when it comes to "expectations" or "should". This is where my Ti comes in and logically says "who cares about should be, what is makes logical sense and unless something changes it wont be". But because of Dom Fe drive, my logic doesnt apply because they dont use it so when it comes to them, "what wont be...already is" if that makes sense. There sole way of functioning defies my logic because they take a proactive approach and keep pushing with Fe.
    So why do you like helping people?

MBTI
    iNTp
    Enneagram
    IDK
    Socionics
    IDK

I think young Ti is like young Fi but after years of growth they're goals beciome more apparent.INTP and INFP both become reulsue as years go on and they seem to get along if not understand each other's pain and joy. they both suffer from lost love and being a social outcast, but INTP tend to become recluse after the first lost anf the INFP tend to keep trying but cant seem to get it right. because i have only been reject once as a kid but because of that i never tried again ut my buddy whos an infp just keeps trying. I think the underdevelop Fe triggers a they all love me or they all dont, and the Fi individualize each relationship so there ius not cool kids and outcast, its more like "she's a nice girl but some of her friends need to chill out", where the INTP is more like "oh she hangs out with them, then she must be a bitch too"
    love is boring without infidelity. thanks to an unknown visitor i spelt infidelity correctly now

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    If view is "you *should* be "nice" and people *should* give "nice" things", it is Fe. Etiquette.

If it is mainly "if 'act' nice, you should be given things", it is Ti. Logic.
    Please remember that Fe is more comprehensive as a function than etiquette and social niceties. To those who use it healthily and skillfully, those particular aspects one of many paths available to connect and be known by others. Craft touches on emotional expression that is communicated through Fe.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Rabbit View Post
    I think young Ti is like young Fi but after years of growth they're goals beciome more apparent.INTP and INFP both become reulsue as years go on and they seem to get along if not understand each other's pain and joy. they both suffer from lost love and being a social outcast, but INTP tend to become recluse after the first lost anf the INFP tend to keep trying but cant seem to get it right. because i have only been reject once as a kid but because of that i never tried again ut my buddy whos an infp just keeps trying. I think the underdevelop Fe triggers a they all love me or they all dont, and the Fi individualize each relationship so there ius not cool kids and outcast, its more like "she's a nice girl but some of her friends need to chill out", where the INTP is more like "oh she hangs out with them, then she must be a bitch too"
    "Irrational" Fe vs. "Rational" Fi?

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Please remember that Fe is more comprehensive as a function than etiquette and social niceties.
    What's the most suitable "one word" definition for Fe? social communication and understanding?

To those who use it healthily and skillfully, those particular aspects one of many paths available to connect and be known by others.
    Well yes, Did I imply the opposite?