First 234

MBTI
    IXTJ

I Enjoy:
    [x] HardCore / Rock
    [x] Techno / Trance
    [x] Gothic Rock / Metal
    [x] Classical / Instrumental

EX.: Run Away - Linkin Park, Vorbei - Nevada Tan, Listen to your Heart - DHT, Over the Hills and Far Away - NightWish, Angel's Holocaust - Iced Earth, Requiem for a Dream - Clint Mansell

I Do Not Enjoy:
    [x] Pop / Hip Hop
    [x] Rap / Free Style
    [x] Video Game Music
    [x] Hymns / Involving Religion
    Last edited by NightSymphony; 01-21-2008 at 04:23 PM.

MBTI
    ENTP

I mainly listen to alternative. I like powerpop too. Not pop, but powerpop. I can't stand metal. I don't mind country actually, but it's not my favorite.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I especially like complicated music. Complicated/unusual. Rap is trash. All of it. Decidedly so. I don't particularly care for the music, but the culture that surrounds it is possibly the largest regression in history, including the meteor destroying the dinosaurs and earth having to start over evolving new creatures.

Jennifer and I would get along in our playing -- I like fucked up chords too. And odd time signatures.

@Jenny -- piano? Guitar? Sitar? What? Also, you say you only employ jazz chords -- do you mean that you graft them to another genre?

Also, just to be a prick to the listener, I occasionally cut off a bar in what feels like it ought to be an 8 bar phrase.

I can't really stand to listen to many things for too long, but some of the outstanding (IMO) works can never die.

Bands like Rush and Opeth are good examples. Dragonforce is not. Danzig is not.
    Yngwie Malmsteen, while I detest his commonality (actually he started it, everyone's just copying him, but it still gets tired) can really play his fucking guitar. I take meticulous care not to listen to any other neo-classical metal, or power metal. I don't want them ruining what Yngwie has to offer. He's already on thin ice with his annoying stage moves.

Oh, and my affection for technical work and complicated music does not reflect in any way what I feel for music theory. It's a despicable groundwork to feed the self-important pseudo-sophisticated asshole musicians.

To be honest, I have no legitimate reason for hating music theory other than the kind of people who seem to boast their expertise as if it were credentials for superior musicianship; but alas they call it theory for a reason.
    That and I failed a class.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by JonJT View Post
    The RZA, the GZA and..............................the Ol' Dirty Chinese Restaurant.

Big fan of quality Hip Hop right here.
    And Dave Chappelle

MBTI
    infp

What do T's think of Leonard Cohen?

MBTI
    JIxT

I like music with feeling. I like depressing songs because it makes me feel better about my situation. I like songs with good tunes and rhythms.
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INTJ

IDM, Ambient, Classical, Neofolk, Dubstep, and Post-rock are my favorite genres right now.

MBTI
    INTP

I like music with feeling too, but there's very little that pains me to listen to. Modern country is pretty much it, because it's so contrived, fake, and plain IMO. Some of the more abrasive gangsta rap is up there too. As for music I like, it's pretty much every little nook and cranny of rock, from mainstream pop rock to post rock/indie to abrasive death metal.

MBTI
    Intp
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    What do T's think of Leonard Cohen?
    What is the joke on Cohen and T's?
    I can't speak for all T's but I believe some of his songs are absolutely brilliant...
    Vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas