123 Last

MBTI
    iNTp
    Enneagram
    IDK
    Socionics
    IDK

Default Why INT's lumped together

I see the NT's r clumped into one group and i see it with INT's alot more.. i dont understand why when we hav very little in common pass the intial introverted stage... the Fi and Fe dont react the same and neither does intuition... not that its a problem but when i read blogs about them it confuses me. Should NTP and Ntj be put together more seeing as they hav a lot of factors that can be used to discover more thing about each other
    love is boring without infidelity. thanks to an unknown visitor i spelt infidelity correctly now

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's probably because of the I--it makes it harder to get to know us because we don't open up as easily since we're so abstract. That's my guess.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

The temperaments aren't MBTI creations, but Keirsey creations. The division is based on outward behaviors and group interaction styles and doesn't use functions. For example, NTs go together because they all use abstract language and are utilitarian, not cooperative, in terms of solving problems.

MBTI
    ?
    Enneagram
    5w4

Because our brains function in similar ways but for different motivations. One usually arrives at understanding how INTx's operate by discovering the former first.
    "Stop it, you fuck. Give him some butter."
    Ti
    = Ne > Ni > Fi > Te > Se > Fe > Si INTP (I/PNT) 5w4

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I think INxx's, in general, have a lot in common. I identify pretty well with the 4 INxx types. I also identify somewhat with ENTP's (and a little bit with ISTP's), but I think we tend to get grouped together as "really smart hermits with limited social skills".
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

because at a party, they're both in the small group of cynics or are the people providing viable info to others about the drugs they just took.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.."
    -Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Depending on what you're talking about, the lumping together can make sense. Just because our top two functions are used in different orientations doesn't mean we can't have a lot in common. Both types are introverts that prefer intuition and thinking, and that can bring about some similarities in attitudes, behaviour and interests.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by phthalocyanine View Post
    because at a party, they're both in the small group of cynics or are the people providing viable info to others about the drugs they just took.
    LOL. Oh yeah. Those guys. Every party has them. I was always stuck somewhere in the middle of that group and the group taking the drugs. One group was too nerdy and the other group was too cool for school. I couldn't figure out who I was supposed to hang out with. On one hand, I wanted to play football and I couldn't care less about the chemical make-up of drugs (jock tendencies). On the other hand, I'd much rather read a good book than party into the wee hours of the night (nerd tendencies). Oh well, I guess I'll just observe both groups.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    Depending on what you're talking about, the lumping together can make sense. Just because our top two functions are used in different orientations doesn't mean we can't have a lot in common. Both types are introverts that prefer intuition and thinking, and that can bring about some similarities in attitudes, behaviour and interests.
    I find this to be true---the only real difference between me and my INTJ friend is she tends to be rather pre-judgemental and is less prone to gush about her interests when prompted. She also has a little more difficulty expressing what she's feeling than I do.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Rabbit View Post
    I see the NT's r clumped into one group and i see it with INT's alot more.. i dont understand why when we hav very little in common pass the intial introverted stage... the Fi and Fe dont react the same and neither does intuition... not that its a problem but when i read blogs about them it confuses me. Should NTP and Ntj be put together more seeing as they hav a lot of factors that can be used to discover more thing about each other
    INTPs and INTJs have completely different functions; they share nothing with each other in terms of functional composition. However, they do appear very similar on the surface. Their motivations are just completely misaligned.

Both are obviously quite introverted and unwilling to share themselves with people whom they don't trust/respect a great deal. INTPs are like this due to inferior Fe causing social insecurities, and Ne getting easily bored with people who are uninteresting. INTJs are like this because tertiary Fi sees disclosing information as a way of making the self vulnerable and potentially getting in the way of accomplishing the INTJ's goals.

Both typically have a thirst for knowledge and understanding. INTJs crave knowledge because they understand that it can be put to practical use; Te sees what is important to learn, and Ni causes learning to take place from different perspectives. INTPs crave knowledge because knowing a system inside and out is like a passion for them; Ne is naturally curious, and Ti isn't satisfied until it understands everything according to some internal standard.

Both also have a lot of the same types of skills in math and science. Ti understands a system well enough to get into it and manipulate the variables, while Ne's curiosity asks hypothetical questions about the system. Te understands how to efficiently organize scientific experiments and mathematical proofs, while Ni understands how to interpret results in the most accurate way and dig deeper to ask the right kinds of questions.

I've seen a lot of NTPs and NTJs get into very heated arguments about how to approach certain problems, as usually they share the same kinds of interests, so they run into each other a lot in their fields of expertise. They look alike upon first glance, but when you really start talking with them, you can see that they're completely different, so lumping them together is not really that accurate.