• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Quick Question.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

How many times does it take somebody to tell you that you are doing something the wrong way, even though there is no 'right' way to do it, before you just start ignoring said person?

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Once.
Is something bothering you? Or are you just subtly curious?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Once.
Is something bothering you? Or are you just subtly curious?

One of my friends can't stop judging everything I say and do. I just want to scream hypocrite! I mean I don't claim to know everything and what I say can sound extremely pompous, but I hardly ever criticize others with my words. When I do I am usually right. For awhile it was fun, but now it's just annoying... I just feel like ignoring him. I'm not one to start confrontation.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
One of my friends can't stop judging everything I say and do. I just want to scream hypocrite! I mean I don't claim to know everything and what I say can sound extremely pompous, but I hardly ever criticize others with my words. When I do I am usually right. For awhile it was fun, but now it's just annoying... I just feel like ignoring him. I'm not one to start confrontation.

If he's your friend, you owe it to him to confront him. Ignoring a friend or the content of his words is one of the greatest insults.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

It's mainly because it doesn't happen with just him, but pretty much everyone who is my friend. I'm the one who gets to be made a mockery of and I think this was just the last straw. I don't judge half as much as others judge me. I'm not good with expressing emotions and actions that I can think of right now are rather harsh.

I really just feel like screaming. Too bad it's one-thirty in the morning.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

My ESFP psychotic roommate was the same way, we were also friends at the time. Hypocrite to the max. I confronted her about it, and she basically called me out for attacking her and set out to ruin the rest of my semester.

Depending on how your friend can take confrontation, I'd say don't do it if you feel they will be the same way to you.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

He and I have two VERY different world views. INFP-ENTP... not sure how this working out.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
He and I have two VERY different world views. INFP-ENTP... not sure how this working out.
Hmm...I have a feeling you should let him be for the time being...until he finds his good side again.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Or...
If you must deal with them, then approach from the perspective of trying to understand them, being concerned, and generally being on their side. That tends to put a person's guard down and makes them more receptive to input.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hahaha, I just read that. We'll see what happens. I may be working with him sometime soon.

I'm also afraid that when I do get the chance to confront him I won't care anymore, or these feelings won't be as raw so I'll feel as if I have no reason to discuss it.