User Tag List

View Poll Results: NT women - do you want kids?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm ENTJ - I want/have kids

1 1.89%
  • I'm ENTJ - I do NOT want kids

1 1.89%
  • I'm INTJ - I want/have kids

2 3.77%
  • I'm INTJ - I do NOT want kids

6 11.32%
  • I'm ENTP - I want/have kids

5 9.43%
  • I'm ENTP - I do NOT want kids

5 9.43%
  • I'm INTP - I want/have kids

9 16.98%
  • I'm INTP - I do NOT want kids

8 15.09%
  • I'm not an NT

4 7.55%
  • I'm not a female

12 22.64%
  • I don't know yet or any other answer not listed

0 0%
First 234

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Someday, yes, sure. I want to have a kid. Possibly even two. In about 10 years. Yeah, that sounds about right.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    If I say I like dogs and want to learn more about the different breeds, does it follow that cats are unimportant to me?
    No, but if you say you are interested in housepets and focus your attention only on dogs, one might easily wonder why. The general topic of wanting children applies to a broader group than the target of your OP question. The explanation you have given makes sense, but without it, the reader could only speculate on why you were focusing on women's responses.

I want kids, in the sense that I like kids, get along great with them and would like to have one and watch it grow up and become an adult.

I'm unsure when or whether I'll actually try to have one, for all sort of reasons. Among others, I suspect I'd suck as a mother and, thus, kids would be better off with some other woman who would be more mature emotionally, more dependable, more affectionate and more willing to give up a big part of her interests in order to dedicate her kids the time they deserve.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Maybe someday after 15-20 years, but now the answer is definitely NO.
    Oh yeah?

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was an eldest child and hyper responsible for my younger siblings as I grew up. Having a child after I was an adult seemed natural to me. I'd already been a parent my whole life, so it didn't feel any different.

Now, ten years later, my daughter is still the miracle of my world. I see myself in her and I see where we are beginning to diverge. Its exciting wondering where her interests will take her and I'm always wondering if there is something else I can do to make the foundation that she'll base the rest of her life on that much more solid. Its the 'grand experiment' of my life and I can't imagine anything else being more satisfying. (LOL for instance, she just came by and read this and, wanting to go out to eat, she said 'More satisfying? ... A burger.)
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I was an eldest child and hyper responsible for my younger siblings as I grew up. Having a child after I was an adult seemed natural to me. I'd already been a parent my whole life, so it didn't feel any different.

Now, ten years later, my daughter is still the miracle of my world. I see myself in her and I see where we are beginning to diverge. Its exciting wondering where her interests will take her and I'm always wondering if there is something else I can do to make the foundation that she'll base the rest of her life on that much more solid. Its the 'grand experiment' of my life and I can't imagine anything else being more satisfying. (LOL for instance, she just came by and read this and, wanting to go out to eat, she said 'More satisfying? ... A burger.)
    That's nice. I liked reading that. Is your child an NT? And, did she get her burger?
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I want to have three to five kids...but not now. Maybe eight to ten years from now...but right now, I'm focusing on kicking ass in school. Kids can't possibly enter the equation now.

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    But I really can't imagine myself giving up so many years for the diapering, feeding, playdate, soccer, whatever stuff, and not having time for myself. I fear that I would become really cranky and resentful.
    Take it from me--I've got four and you don't have to do all that stuff. Just feed and clean them occasionally and it will all be fine!