User Tag List

View Poll Results: NT women - do you want kids?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm ENTJ - I want/have kids

1 1.89%
  • I'm ENTJ - I do NOT want kids

1 1.89%
  • I'm INTJ - I want/have kids

2 3.77%
  • I'm INTJ - I do NOT want kids

6 11.32%
  • I'm ENTP - I want/have kids

5 9.43%
  • I'm ENTP - I do NOT want kids

5 9.43%
  • I'm INTP - I want/have kids

9 16.98%
  • I'm INTP - I do NOT want kids

8 15.09%
  • I'm not an NT

4 7.55%
  • I'm not a female

12 22.64%
  • I don't know yet or any other answer not listed

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yuck! INTPness d00d!!!! Dogs r teh suk!!!! Stop kat h8t!!!!
    Plees no hayt teh katz we iz teh kyuute

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

It depends on how my life goes.
    If I actually find someone that I love and trust enough and is willing to help make offspring with me, is able to take care of them as much as I am, and I am financially stable and bored with my own life and think I'll be bored for another 18 years, then yeah. I'd probably want children.
    They might such at first, but if you raise them right they can be a great benefit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

At worst, you could always be rational and say, "Who's gonna take care of me when I'm doddering around and can't remember where I left my dentures, let alone my car keys?"
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

At worst, you could always be rational and say, "Who's gonna take care of me when I'm doddering around and can't remember where I left my dentures, let alone my car keys?"
    That's exactly how I feel about it. Actually, I locked my car keys, and house keys, in the house before going to work the other day. Fail.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Hell no.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP

That's actually the best argument I've been able to come up with for myself. I do kind of think it's sad not to have your kids around you in old age. Though lots of people have kids and they could give a crap about their parents in old age.

I have never had a maternal desire. I like kids individually. My niece and nephew crack me up, but they also exhaust me no end. I really don't have a lot of energy, and I'm pretty protective of my time. Also, I hate wasting my energy directing people to do something or quit doing something. Grow up, dangit! I really can't imagine enjoying micromanaging every second of someone's day.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    ... I really can't imagine enjoying micromanaging every second of someone's day.
    I think part of it is for me the difficulty I've always experienced in finding intimacy with people. I do best if I work with them / are forced into situations where I have (or have a reason) to spend time with them.

Parenting kids gives you an automatic place in someone's life for the rest of your life and theirs. You belong to each other. Even if things go to crap, nothing changes who your parents and kids are. So with my kids I felt like it was okay for me to relate and involve myself and invest and give, I didn't feel like an intruder, and I had a rational reason to do so. You just end up spending so much time together that you end up close because of the shared experiences, aside from any abusive situations.

When the kids get older, there's less micromanaging going on; it becomes more about "Are they capable of going/doing what they want without getting hurt or into a bind?" and other sorts of general questions. The early years are kind of hellish, though. Still, I think that generally whatever you invest in will become valuable to you because of the sacrifice, so after awhile the relationship tends to become important even if at first it felt like a bother.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

I think part of it is for me the difficulty I've always experienced in finding intimacy with people. I do best if I work with them / are forced into situations where I have (or have a reason) to spend time with them.

Parenting kids gives you an automatic place in someone's life for the rest of your life and theirs. You belong to each other. Even if things go to crap, nothing changes who your parents and kids are. So with my kids I felt like it was okay for me to relate and involve myself and invest and give, I didn't feel like an intruder, and I had a rational reason to do so. You just end up spending so much time together that you end up close because of the shared experiences, aside from any abusive situations.

When the kids get older, there's less micromanaging going on; it becomes more about "Are they capable of going/doing what they want without getting hurt or into a bind?" and other sorts of general questions. The early years are kind of hellish, though. Still, I think that generally whatever you invest in will become valuable to you because of the sacrifice, so after awhile the relationship tends to become important even if at first it felt like a bother.
    This makes sense to me. Family is important to me, and I know I would love my kids. But I really can't imagine myself giving up so many years for the diapering, feeding, playdate, soccer, whatever stuff, and not having time for myself. I fear that I would become really cranky and resentful. Especially since I feel like I'm just hitting my stride in my 30s. On the other hand, I wonder if I'm choosing to be selfish, and rejecting an experience that would help me to grow like no other. The problem is, my desire to have kids is practically non-existant, so it's hard to want to make the leap of faith. If I ended up with someone I really loved, who was responsible and wanted at least one kid but didn't pressure me, I would seriously consider it.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Seriously, I'd love to have a family one day, I really would.

But in the mean time, I'm fine with having children eat carrots until their skin turns orange who will work for next to nothing in my candy factory.

Edit: The above is why I should not reproduce for a while...
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I'd really like to raise a couple of kids, but the thought of enduring pregnancy and childbirth is very unappealing. If I ever have kids, I will most likely adopt them. Our world is overpopulated enough as it is.