User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My question would then be...why don't YOU get antsy?
    Because there's no need to get antsy. It's pointless. All it does is get my, eh hem, panties all up in a bunch. And what's the point of that? Life is too short to walk around with my panties in a bunch.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Because there's no need to get antsy. It's pointless. All it does is get my, eh hem, panties all up in a bunch. And what's the point of that? Life is too short to walk around with my panties in a bunch.
    You sure? You can make a lot of American ENTJ business travelers happy in Thailand that way. They sure wouldn't be checking their watch then.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    My question would then be...why don't YOU get antsy?
    He already said and re-iterated several times: there's no point. No purpose is served by it.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    He already said and re-iterated several times: there's no point. No purpose is served by it.
    But there is a purpose. Anxiety is over-alertness. One must be alert to not miss the train!
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    But there is a purpose. Anxiety is over-alertness. One must be alert to not miss the train!
    I always thought just simply being "alert" was enough. I didn't know I needed to be "over alert" until I achieve the blissful state of anxiety. But, I'll start being anxious more often. Here's to anxiety.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

I'm a bit late to this party, (harharhaha), but I felt that I should supply another input as an ENTJ.

I am the exact same way as your friend. I plan my day out to the minute and if something interrupts that plan where it is seemingly irrelevant, it will start to agitate me. If I say I'm going to be somewhere at a certain time, I better be there. I will freak out to the max, become antsy, become rude to people, drive like a maniac, scream obscenities at people who are obeying traffic laws -- all because I can't stand the possibility of being late. It's one of the only things that actually stresses me out. My friends have come to accept this annoying tendency, thank god.

MBTI
    infp

I'm not an ENTJ, but when I have something important to do and my time is delayed, part of what makes me antsy is anticipating other possible delays even if I have a reasonable amount of time to get to my destination-- like traffic, not finding a parking spot, whether or not I have ever been to a location, whether I need to set something up before others arrive, etc.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    I have a good ENTJ friend and I noticed something yesterday. He and I were asked to help someone move some large household items. He had a "meeting" planned at a certain time and so he couldn't stay and help as long as I could. Well, as time drew closer to his meeting, he became consumed by his pre-planned schedule. He was looking at his watch every 30 seconds. He literally could not get it off of his mind. It was to the point to where I wanted to just say, "Just leave. You're basically being ineffective NOW because you're thinking so much about 1 hour from now. You're really just getting in the way." I found it rather childish to be honest.

People bemoan the P function, saying that it's lazy and can't keep a schedule and it's flaky, etc, etc. I don't disagree that we can sometimes (if left unchecked) fall into these habits. But, one of the strengths of P, is that it is flexible. It goes with the flow. When life throws a curveball of sorts or when events/schedules change (which they do every single day), we don't panic or freak out. We just calmly go with the flow and play with the hand that is being dealt.

So, this isn't a rant on why P's are better than J's. I have a couple ENTJ friends who I think are great. I'm just wondering from the ENTJ perspective if this type of thing is something that you struggle with or get easily frustrated with. I've also had an ISTP tell me about a different ENTJ that, "he has everything planned out perfectly, and if things don't go according to his plan, then he freaks out and doesn't know what to do." That doesn't mean it's true, but it does mean that this is the way the ISTP is perceiving his reactions.

Thoughts?
    Do that w/ most EXXJ types and watch their heads explode. Basically, many EXXJs have this intricate plan per day and if someone screws it up for them, they have to recalculate everything around the disruption. This can get pretty annoying and they get frazzled. I'm only like this w/ things I *deem* important. How crucial was the meeting?

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Do that w/ most EXXJ types and watch their heads explode. Basically, many EXXJs have this intricate plan per day and if someone screws it up for them, they have to recalculate everything around the disruption. This can get pretty annoying and they get frazzled. I'm only like this w/ things I *deem* important. How crucial was the meeting?
    HAHAHAa I did this to an ENTJ once. Epic win.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    Well, the meeting was definitely something he should not have missed. He's leading the meeting, so he needed to be there. Like I said, if I were him, I wouldn't have missed the meeting either. The meeting was definitely more important than what we were doing, but it wasn't like the meeting of the century or anything like that. It was a routine meeting. But, I know he plans well in advance for such meetings - he's very well prepared and likes them to go according to plan.

Even so, he could have prevented all of the stress by saying something like, "I need to leave 2 hours before my meeting so that I can prepare myself mentally." My whole point here is: go ahead and take whatever time you need for preparation, travel, etc. But, whatever you do, don't allow yourself to stress out that much over a very routine thing. Adjust your schedule in a way that you can remain relatively stress free. And that will be different for each person.