User Tag List

MBTI
    INTP

Default the INTP cure to doing stuff

I need to take some breaks throughout the day to attend notes that I have written. By completing things I have wanted to do in the past - I seem to open up room for the future because I cease to dwell on my lack of resolve to finish what I have set forth.

What seems simple becomes complicated because I question the validity and weight of whether its results is worth anything. In short I doubt later what I thought prior. Lack of belief in what I think yet I am willing to share what I thought and rabidly defend its point of view. I become cynical with myself and lack consistency because I do not have follow up practices that clear up my past rambles. So from here on forth, I will review what I write and think instead of smiling at it in awe - of my thought process - gleeing to myself but never doing anything.

Should I do anything? Especially when I feel fine, (with the exception) of course, that I lack the cash I would like to have in order to get out more and feel in another way. Does my loneliness push me to excel or is it the reward of winning what I want - or when I delay from exceling, is it because I have what I want, the peace to be alone, to my thoughts, to myself and that I hate to be pushed even here now. I would say no. Because I'm learning I'm writing without crying today. A little messy - not scribbles, but hey I was never a good "writer" anyways. I guess that's why I learned to type at such an early age and decided long long ago that handwriting was for slow pokes. People into the fancy curves of their lines and the reactions of others as they witness and comment on their "beautiful" handwriting. (a pissy ex-girlfriend just came to mind) So what was I then? As I either scribbled out what I could because I didn't have a typewriter just yet. Didn't have an iPad, text message phone but got lucky enough to drive my mom nuts and get me that Sears Laser 128 Apple copy that cloned way back then an OS that was already Free, Distributable and easy to work with. Am I an INTP, bipolar, lost young adult or just a guy with some free time on hands?

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I think you are a little of all of those things

As an xNTP I have experienced what you are experiencing. We are also the masters of segue. I know that I am reluctant to complete a project in case there is something I haven't "seen" or thought about that could affect the outcome.

For me it is not so much the winning as the sense of self-achievement of "getting there" first. That being said, I am probably the least competitive person I know - sounds like a contradiction?

I do not aim to beat other individuals or compete directly with another person.

But often, to my dismay, they want to compete with me??? I simply enjoy achieving the goal before anyone is even aware that it could be a goal.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by InsatiableCuriosity View Post
    As an xNTP I have experienced what you are experiencing. We are also the masters of segue. I know that I am reluctant to complete a project in case there is something I haven't "seen" or thought about that could affect the outcome.

For me it is not so much the winning as the sense of self-achievement of "getting there" first. That being said, I am probably the least competitive person I know - sounds like a contradiction?
    I recently wrote four different essays for a single class, because I felt like there was so much to be explored and I wanted to keep my options open. In the end (and I mean the very end - I waited until the deadline to submit it), I chose the one I researched the most and which I felt represented my thoughts and points in the best possible way.

It might sound contradictory, but I'm like that as well. It's not that I'm competitive, but I like my work to be acknowledged and to be the first to come to a conclusion about something.
    Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection View Post
    I recently wrote four different essays for a single class, because I felt like there was so much to be explored and I wanted to keep my options open. In the end (and I mean the very end - I waited until the deadline to submit it), I chose the one I researched the most and which I felt represented my thoughts and points in the best possible way.

It might sound contradictory, but I'm like that as well. It's not that I'm competitive, but I like my work to be acknowledged and to be the first to come to a conclusion about something.
    I'm glad that I am not the only weird one out here!! ...it does get me thinking tho that if two or three INTPs are together there would need to be two or three different personal goals - otherwise the race to get there first could turn ugly!! LOL :workout:
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

yep, golf
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo