• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] the INTP cure to doing stuff

marquix

MBTI Type
INTP
I need to take some breaks throughout the day to attend notes that I have written. By completing things I have wanted to do in the past - I seem to open up room for the future because I cease to dwell on my lack of resolve to finish what I have set forth.

What seems simple becomes complicated because I question the validity and weight of whether its results is worth anything. In short I doubt later what I thought prior. Lack of belief in what I think yet I am willing to share what I thought and rabidly defend its point of view. I become cynical with myself and lack consistency because I do not have follow up practices that clear up my past rambles. So from here on forth, I will review what I write and think instead of smiling at it in awe - of my thought process - gleeing to myself but never doing anything.

Should I do anything? Especially when I feel fine, (with the exception) of course, that I lack the cash I would like to have in order to get out more and feel in another way. Does my loneliness push me to excel or is it the reward of winning what I want - or when I delay from exceling, is it because I have what I want, the peace to be alone, to my thoughts, to myself and that I hate to be pushed even here now. I would say no. Because I'm learning I'm writing without crying today. A little messy - not scribbles, but hey I was never a good "writer" anyways. I guess that's why I learned to type at such an early age and decided long long ago that handwriting was for slow pokes. People into the fancy curves of their lines and the reactions of others as they witness and comment on their "beautiful" handwriting. (a pissy ex-girlfriend just came to mind) So what was I then? As I either scribbled out what I could because I didn't have a typewriter just yet. Didn't have an iPad, text message phone but got lucky enough to drive my mom nuts and get me that Sears Laser 128 Apple copy that cloned way back then an OS that was already Free, Distributable and easy to work with. Am I an INTP, bipolar, lost young adult or just a guy with some free time on hands?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I think you are a little of all of those things ;)

As an xNTP I have experienced what you are experiencing. We are also the masters of segue. I know that I am reluctant to complete a project in case there is something I haven't "seen" or thought about that could affect the outcome.

For me it is not so much the winning as the sense of self-achievement of "getting there" first. That being said, I am probably the least competitive person I know - sounds like a contradiction?

I do not aim to beat other individuals or compete directly with another person.

But often, to my dismay, they want to compete with me??? :doh: I simply enjoy achieving the goal before anyone is even aware that it could be a goal. :D

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
As an xNTP I have experienced what you are experiencing. We are also the masters of segue. I know that I am reluctant to complete a project in case there is something I haven't "seen" or thought about that could affect the outcome.

For me it is not so much the winning as the sense of self-achievement of "getting there" first. That being said, I am probably the least competitive person I know - sounds like a contradiction?

I recently wrote four different essays for a single class, because I felt like there was so much to be explored and I wanted to keep my options open. In the end (and I mean the very end - I waited until the deadline to submit it), I chose the one I researched the most and which I felt represented my thoughts and points in the best possible way.

It might sound contradictory, but I'm like that as well. It's not that I'm competitive, but I like my work to be acknowledged and to be the first to come to a conclusion about something.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I recently wrote four different essays for a single class, because I felt like there was so much to be explored and I wanted to keep my options open. In the end (and I mean the very end - I waited until the deadline to submit it), I chose the one I researched the most and which I felt represented my thoughts and points in the best possible way.

It might sound contradictory, but I'm like that as well. It's not that I'm competitive, but I like my work to be acknowledged and to be the first to come to a conclusion about something.

I'm glad that I am not the only weird one out here!! ;) ...it does get me thinking tho that if two or three INTPs are together there would need to be two or three different personal goals - otherwise the race to get there first could turn ugly!! LOL :workout:

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp