User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    I can be both... for example, I drive my ESFJ daughter crazy by doing things like waking her up in the morning and saying "Come on, we're going camping in France" and she's like "" - I just decided on it the previous evening and booked a ferry ticket online.
    Despite being entp myself, that'd irritate me greatly; usually I have alot of stuff going on and I don't like being interrupted for long times.

Yeu should've seen me when I got stuck in the hospital for a week after being diagnosed with diabetes. No access to forums, to AIM, or contact with friends online? I was going freaking NUTS pacing around panicing as I was worried they'd be worried I was dead or something, since the last thing I did was say I was sick and going to the hospital >.>

If I don't have enough time to prepare for something which drags me away from friends for a long time without getting to warn them, I get very panicy and can't truly enjoy it.

I didn't even care for christmas this year; went 'home' for the holidays... meant to stop by for a day and drop off presents. Got stuck there for a week straight with no net access, and was going crazy.

Soooo yeah. Just realize that kids these days have alot of things tying them down, and ripping them away abruptly doesn't necessarily have anything to do with type, as it does that if yeu interrupt or pull them away from something they're clinging to, it isn't necessarily a good thing :o

I doubt they mind the trip, so much as they mind the "no time to let friends know wth's going on".

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Despite being entp myself, that'd irritate me greatly; usually I have alot of stuff going on and I don't like being interrupted for long times.

Yeu should've seen me when I got stuck in the hospital for a week after being diagnosed with diabetes. No access to forums, to AIM, or contact with friends online? I was going freaking NUTS pacing around panicing as I was worried they'd be worried I was dead or something, since the last thing I did was say I was sick and going to the hospital >.>

If I don't have enough time to prepare for something which drags me away from friends for a long time without getting to warn them, I get very panicy and can't truly enjoy it.

I didn't even care for christmas this year; went 'home' for the holidays... meant to stop by for a day and drop off presents. Got stuck there for a week straight with no net access, and was going crazy.

Soooo yeah. Just realize that kids these days have alot of things tying them down, and ripping them away abruptly doesn't necessarily have anything to do with type, as it does that if yeu interrupt or pull them away from something they're clinging to, it isn't necessarily a good thing :o

I doubt they mind the trip, so much as they mind the "no time to let friends know wth's going on".
    Yeah... with all due respect though, the scenario you describe is completely alien to my family's philosophy and way of life... for instance, when my daughter was in hospital without access to the things you mention, she just shrugged and read her book, and made conversation with the other people in the ward. When I asked if she wanted me to bring her cellphone in, she told me not to bother, she was enjoying the peace and time to get her head together.

I never force them to come with me to anything I do, whether it's church, trips, activities or anything else - we have friends & family nearby who they're happy to stay with if they don't want to join in and, due to financial constraints, it could never be a frequent enough occurrence to qualify as "traumatising" in any case.

The main reason my daughter growls when I spring things on her is usually just because she didn't get time to wash her favourite sweater, or something similarly trivial, or else just the sheer unexpectedness of it; she's over it in 5 minutes and excited about seeing our family and friends in France.

If, by some chance, she were to say "But I'm expected at the county roadshow with the Army cadets this weekend!" then I'm not such an asshole that I'd say "tough shit!" I'd move heaven and earth to ensure she could still do what she planned and cancel my trip if no other solution could be found. That's unlikely to happen though, because I'd know about her plans and if the thought had occurred to me the night before to go to France, I'd have said to myself "Ah well, I don't want her to miss her roadshow, so I'll book it for the week after instead".
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving