• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Where does the time go?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

What is your longest period of time being unaware of your surroundings N's? I just realized that I was unaware of time passing for about two hours, or there abouts.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Im probabley never unaware of my surroundings, im always watching my back. Its hard being a girl....

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I sometimes have to ask myself which season it is when I step outside, especially in the Fall and Spring when the weather is not extreme.

angelhair45

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I sometimes have to ask myself which season it is when I step outside, especially in the Fall and Spring when the weather is not extreme.

I can relate completely.

I can lose a few hours, days, half the time I don't know the month. And yes, I've forgotten what season it was before during Spring and Fall.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I see that often how less intelligent people seem to have lost all contact with reality for minutes. *takes cover under a branch* :D

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When I sleep.

P

Phantonym

I can't even remember whether I've ever been all that aware of my surroundings. I have no idea what time it is when I forget to pull the curtains away from my windows and when I don't really have to go anywhere on time. Nowadays I solely rely on my phone to indicate what day of the week it is, the date, time, what time I need to do something and where I need to go. If I didn't have that blasted beeping sound yanking me back to reality, I'd be lost because notes don't really work. It's a good thing that I'm still capable of updating the calendar. :laugh:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
tztz,yo need more work, then you experience how loooooooooooooooooooooooooooong a minute can be -.- :D

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, working surely does things to the time!

I don't lose track of time when I'm working, but when I'm not, I sometimes lose an entire day. Usually it's more like 20 minutes to 2 hours. I have to set alarms to keep myself on track if I have an appointment on my off time.

algeerot

MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
5w6
If I'm not wearing a watch, I will lose track of time. It could be 3pm and I can still think it's 11am.

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
What is your longest period of time being unaware of your surroundings N's? I just realized that I was unaware of time passing for about two hours, or there abouts.

This has nothing to do with being an N. Time is actually being stolen from you by tiny goblins who sneak around dancing in your apartment and are invisible to humans.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

MY GOD! Why didn't anyone tell me before? Well, I suppose it's time to take it back.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I always lose track of time. I can lose anywhere from 30 minutes to a whole day. I get very nervous when I have to go somewhere important, where I can't be late. Because that requires being very aware of the time. I can't relax and do anything else because I fear I'll forget to go to the place, or I'll leave too late. I should use alarms.

Also, I can relate to forgetting the month, week, day for sure. I forget the year at least once a month, too, and not just at the beginning of a year.

I can't even remember whether I've ever been all that aware of my surroundings. I have no idea what time it is when I forget to pull the curtains away from my windows and when I don't really have to go anywhere on time. Nowadays I solely rely on my phone to indicate what day of the week it is, the date, time, what time I need to do something and where I need to go. If I didn't have that blasted beeping sound yanking me back to reality, I'd be lost because notes don't really work. It's a good thing that I'm still capable of updating the calendar. :laugh:

Yeah. I write down everything I have to do onto a notepad because I live in fear of forgetting things (bills etc). My memory is atrocious especially for things I couldn't care less about. If only paper made beeping noises when things were due, or when I had put off doing them for too long. It's too easy to write things down and put it off to the side, only to forget about it completely.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I always lose track of time. I can lose anywhere from 30 minutes to a whole day. I get very nervous when I have to go somewhere important, where I can't be late. Because that requires being very aware of the time. I can't relax and do anything else because I fear I'll forget to go to the place, or I'll leave too late. I should use alarms.

That is EXTREMELY annoying.

lets eat pie

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w6
Sometimes I'm driving and end up zoning out and then wondering where I was for the past five minutes. It's like an automaton was driving the car while my head went afk. Or I miscalculate how long a drive would be and miss freeway exits or turns at certain streets. Other times I forget where I was headed to in the first place.

I hate appointments. I deliberately try to waste time until it's time to leave but it's difficult because I'm so anxious for it to be over. Then I actually start wasting time until I look up and find that I should have left the house ten minutes ago.

Yeah. I write down everything I have to do onto a notepad because I live in fear of forgetting things (bills etc). My memory is atrocious especially for things I couldn't care less about. If only paper made beeping noises when things were due, or when I had put off doing them for too long. It's too easy to write things down and put it off to the side, only to forget about it completely.

I've forgotten where I put my notepad. :doh:

Reflection

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Sometimes I'm driving and end up zoning out and then wondering where I was for the past five minutes. It's like an automaton was driving the car while my head went afk. Or I miscalculate how long a drive would be and miss freeway exits or turns at certain streets. Other times I forget where I was headed to in the first place.

After my third traffic accident, I started paying more attention to where I am and what I'm doing. Especially when on my motorbike.

In other things, though, I rarely know what day of the week it is, not to mention what time. I can lose hours at a time and not know where they went. Sometimes I'll just zone out and to others it'll seem as if I'm staring at the wall, when in fact I'm smelling the colours in my head. :D

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I stopped driving because I realized I was a danger on the roads. :doh: That and I can live without a car thanks to my location. But seriously, I cannot drive, I'm far too inattentive.

I hate appointments. I deliberately try to waste time until it's time to leave but it's difficult because I'm so anxious for it to be over. Then I actually start wasting time until I look up and find that I should have left the house ten minutes ago.

This isn't completely related, but I can't seem to instantly plan when to start getting ready as some people do. They can just time-budget on the fly, I have to sit down and allot times for everything. But I don't, so I end up starting to leave when I'm supposed to be going out the door, and then I end up late because starting to leave entails packing stuff up, etc.