123 Last

Thread: The Ti Shutdown

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Default The Ti Shutdown

Ti Shutdown

The shoulder shrug - pass off - walk by you without making eye contact - stranger treatment someone might receive from a Ti user once they have deemed that "socializing with you further does not make any practical sense, and should be ceased immediately to presume proper efficient activities."

Thoughts?
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

What you're describing sounds a lot more like Te than Ti.

Ti quits socializing because you're not interesting enough, not because it's impractical/inefficient.

ReflecTcelfeR

Equally as selfish.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

I need more details and cannot get away with being as vague as I'd like too... I'm trying to describe a situation where a person decides someone in their life is no longer worth the effort, through something they have done wrong or even through moving farther away (out of sight out of mine).

The NFs go into detail about their "doorslamming" and I'm looking for the equivalent for NTs.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Equally as selfish.
    True story.

ReflecTcelfeR

I would say that it is difficult for me to ignore people because I need people, thus the E. My Ti only ignores people when I need to avoid being influenced.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I would say that it is difficult for me to ignore people because I need people, thus the E. My Ti only ignores people when I need to avoid being influenced.
    I need to know this please.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    I need more details and cannot get away with being as vague as I'd like too... I'm trying to describe a situation where a person decides someone in their life is no longer worth the effort, through something they have done wrong or even through moving farther away (out of sight out of mine).

The NFs go into detail about their "doorslamming" and I'm looking for the equivalent for NTs.
    Well the general motivations are not the same for NTPs as they are for NTJs. NTPs and NTJs may exhibit similar surface behaviors, but when you ask why NTs may give you a "doorslam" you need to distinguish between NTJ and NTP, rather than lumping them both into NT. The functional make-up for these two groups are completely opposite, so it's not really possible to provide general cognitive motivations that apply to both simultaneously, at least not in theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

I think the overall general theme for why NTs might "doorslam" someone would be because that someone has no skills or interesting qualities to offer to the table and/or that someone is a complete idiot. Perhaps too sensitive could be a reason too. I know that I really get annoyed with people who make everything personal.

ReflecTcelfeR

Ti as a function, for me, mainly places pieces of a puzzle into groups. In this stage if anything is allowed to interrupt, or misplace a certain piece of information then the thought that is being formed, or analyzed can be damaged. The damage is congruent to how vital the information that is being sorted is to the overall puzzle. The lack of influence keeps the flaws of an idea to a minimum. This sounds more like a Ti dominant function person, which I believe is true, but I try to keep my ideas in until a great deal of the flaws are already picked apart and gotten rid of, any influence can be detrimental. However, once I feel fit to advertise said idea I allow others to critique and add on to the already existing product. Ti doesn't want any visitors knocking on it's door until it says so and hands it over to Ne. Of course at times its fun to just say an idea and see what happens.