User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: ENTPs and INFJs

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Good! Now what can we do about your thoughts on this pairing...?
    lol! We are off to a smashing good start. Let it unfold as it inevitably can and does with us, despite the potentially dire consequences, but quite possible bliss!

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I often wonder if people know I'm joking when I say some pretty weird things. They seem to take me pretty serious, or when I am serious they completely disregard it.
    Yeah, I know what you mean...

As for ENFP's... hmm... I seem to get on okay with the male ones as friends, but the female ones so far... fine to start with, but then things tend to go wrong all of a sudden

Somehow I don't think it's Fi that's the issue, as I get on great with INFP's... .. only trouble with INFP and me, it's usually a one-way thing.

Perhaps it complicates things that I really like a person to be pretty eccentric (as in very odd, yet happy within themselves and generally positive towards others).

All those things they think make them odd (and therefore less attractive) are usually the things that make me totally adore them.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm finding one of my INFP friends to be a little too touchy.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    lol! We are off to a smashing good start. Let it unfold as it inevitably can and does with us, despite the potentially dire consequences, but quite possible bliss!

Ha! Consequences. I can feel the relationship growing already.

Yeah that'll just be them though, not a type thing. Hell, I can be touchy sometimes. Specially when I've got a caffeine withdrawal headache! Run away!!!

(edit - could also be you )
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

ReflecTcelfeR

Hahaha. I suppose so.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    I'd agree with this... I don't want a fight, contrary to popular opinion. I like a lively discussion, heated even. But if the other person is taking things personally, or getting personal towards me, it's just exhausting and not fun at all. I'm talking about ideas and not the people who are expressing them.

I tend not to be terribly attached to most of the ideas I throw out - they're just "things" that have sorta waved themselves under my (nose as it were) so I've grabbed at them and shown them to you and said "hey, how about this?"... this is the basis of a lot of misunderstanding I think, between myself and my INFJ's... Misunderstandings going on all round, I think. Them thinking I really mean what I say when I'm just testing a theory, so it's tedious when they sorta "judge" me by what I said as though it had been a statement of a deeply held personal opinion; me thinking they're just testing a theory when they really mean what they say, so upsetting them by tramping all over their deeply held personal opinion, putting it in a test tube and shaking it all up...

They start to understand that I don't always mean everything I say, so then thinking I'm never serious or committed to anything... me starting to understand that they usually do mean what they say, so then thinking they're rigid and unwilling to discuss or update their views - both misapprehensions that seem so obvious in the cold light of day, but difficult to perceive or do undo the damage once you've started fighting...

So... I've usually ended up wishing I'd never said anything in the first place, and not as a judgement on them, but just a sense of regret over the whole mess, cos I only tend to see what's happened when it's too late to backtrack and put it right, the damage is done and I'm now an asshole in their eyes. And then - the doorslam.
    Yes that's a big problem for us often(or me at least). I never know when you're just testing, playing, serious, or making stuff up for the hell of it. And ENTPs I notice often like striking below the belt, even when just playing. That's why I often prefer to keep you guys at a distance or else I'm going to have to keep my eye on you at all time.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes that's a big problem for us often(or me at least). I never know when you're just testing, playing, serious, or making stuff up for the hell of it. And ENTPs I notice often like striking below the belt, even when just playing. That's why I often prefer to keep you guys at a distance or else I'm going to have to keep my eye on you at all time.
    I wonder, could it be they are trying to use humour to deal with something serious or taboo? When there is an elephant in the room, or undesirable things are happening in someone's life, I believe the best medicine is laughter. Taking something big and daunting and laughing it into something human and solvable.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

ReflecTcelfeR

I think we should start walking around with disclaimers on billboards so that before anyone begins a conversation with us they can clearly understand what they're getting into, or just let them find out on themselves. Either one really.

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    I wonder, could it be they are trying to use humour to deal with something serious or taboo? When there is an elephant in the room, or undesirable things are happening in someone's life, I believe the best medicine is laughter. Taking something big and daunting and laughing it into something human and solvable.
    And what better way to make something more human than to berate it?