User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 103

Thread: ENTPs and INFJs

  1. #21
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Nice one. To this I'd say that a disagreement is any two opposing ideas, so yes.
    No friendly discussion/banter showing alternative possibilities? Well then I guess you'd be a.o.k. with an INFJ who happened to agree with every single one of your ideas!!

    (Although yes: with fundamental ideas you hold close to your heart, you'd probably want to be with someone who saw eye to eye with you, but this goes with pretty much anyone.)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  2. #22
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    No friendly discussion/banter showing alternative possibilities? Well then I guess you'd be a.o.k. with an INFJ who happened to agree with every single one of your ideas!!
    We can only hope. We thrive on our ideas being scrutinized, this I won't deny. I need this in order improve in any way. That's not what I'd consider a disagreement though. Criticism, doesn't mean you disagree it means you wish to alter something you perceive can be done better. In other words you enjoy the concept you just wish to make it more efficient.

  3. #23
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I find it best to keep ENTPs at arms length much of the time.
    I tend to think the same about INFJ's usually... at least, I'm yet to meet one in any capacity, either in RL or online (except maybe cascadeco), that I feel I could genuinely enjoy their company enough to say, pick them to join me and other friends on a vacation or something.

    It's nothing really against them per se... it's just their silence that gets me.

    Then again, I'm sorta only just on the P side of the cusp between ENTP and ENTJ, whatever difference that makes... Give me an ISFJ, ISTP or INFP - they're my favourite introverts
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

  4. #24
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    We can only hope. We thrive on our ideas being scrutinized, this I won't deny. I need this in order improve in any way. That's not what I'd consider a disagreement though. Criticism, doesn't mean you disagree it means you wish to alter something you perceive can be done better. In other words you enjoy the concept you just wish to make it more efficient.
    Well, that's something I can work with!

    Sadly though, my first post still applies as to my thoughts on the pairing.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  5. #25
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    I enjoy winning more. Confidence and such. I'd say we like interesting more than fighting back.
    I'd agree with this... I don't want a fight, contrary to popular opinion. I like a lively discussion, heated even. But if the other person is taking things personally, or getting personal towards me, it's just exhausting and not fun at all. I'm talking about ideas and not the people who are expressing them.

    I tend not to be terribly attached to most of the ideas I throw out - they're just "things" that have sorta waved themselves under my nose (as it were) so I've grabbed at them and shown them to you and said "hey, how about this?"... this is the basis of a lot of misunderstanding I think, between myself and my INFJ's... Misunderstandings going on all round, I think. Them thinking I really mean what I say when I'm just testing a theory, so it's tedious when they sorta "judge" me by what I said as though it had been a statement of a deeply held personal opinion; me thinking they're just testing a theory when they really mean what they say, so upsetting them by tramping all over their deeply held personal opinion, putting it in a test tube and shaking it all up...

    They start to understand that I don't always mean everything I say, so then thinking I'm never serious or committed to anything... me starting to understand that they usually do mean what they say, so then thinking they're rigid and unwilling to discuss or update their views - both misapprehensions that seem so obvious in the cold light of day, but difficult to perceive or to undo the damage once you've started fighting...

    So... I've usually ended up wishing I'd never said anything in the first place, and not as a judgement on them, but just a sense of regret over the whole mess, cos I only tend to see what's happened when it's too late to backtrack and put it right, the damage is done and I'm now an asshole in their eyes. And then - the doorslam.
    Last edited by proximo; 06-23-2010 at 05:38 AM. Reason: correcting typos
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

  6. #26
    Senior Member INTPness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    2,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post

    It's nothing really against them per se... it's just their silence that gets me.
    Enter INTP stage left.

    INTP: Hi, INFJ.
    INFJ: Hi.
    INTP: Do you mind if I'm mostly silent for the rest of the evening?
    INFJ: No. I much prefer it.
    INTP:
    INFJ:

    The End
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.


    There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

  7. #27
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Enter INTP stage left.

    INTP: Hi, INFJ.
    INFJ: Hi.
    INTP: Do you mind if I'm mostly silent for the rest of the evening?
    INFJ: No. I much prefer it.
    INTP:
    INFJ:

    The End
    Totally. I've tended to see INFJ's and INTP's as made for each other... I dunno which type's made for the ENTP!!

    I can only say my own experience, but that's probably only relevant to ENTP's with similar preference strengths to me...
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

  8. #28
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I do love me some ENFP. They tend to enable me and allow my ideas to roam free. You still have to worry about Fi, but other than that I enjoy them.

  9. #29
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Well, that's something I can work with!

    Sadly though, my first post still applies as to my thoughts on the pairing.
    Good! Now what can we do about your thoughts on this pairing...?

    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    I'd agree with this... I don't want a fight, contrary to popular opinion. I like a lively discussion, heated even. But if the other person is taking things personally, or getting personal towards me, it's just exhausting and not fun at all. I'm talking about ideas and not the people who are expressing them.

    I tend not to be terribly attached to most of the ideas I throw out - they're just "things" that have sorta waved themselves under my (nose as it were) so I've grabbed at them and shown them to you and said "hey, how about this?"... this is the basis of a lot of misunderstanding I think, between myself and my INFJ's... Misunderstandings going on all round, I think. Them thinking I really mean what I say when I'm just testing a theory, so it's tedious when they sorta "judge" me by what I said as though it had been a statement of a deeply held personal opinion; me thinking they're just testing a theory when they really mean what they say, so upsetting them by tramping all over their deeply held personal opinion, putting it in a test tube and shaking it all up...

    They start to understand that I don't always mean everything I say, so then thinking I'm never serious or committed to anything... me starting to understand that they usually do mean what they say, so then thinking they're rigid and unwilling to discuss or update their views - both misapprehensions that seem so obvious in the cold light of day, but difficult to perceive or do undo the damage once you've started fighting...

    So... I've usually ended up wishing I'd never said anything in the first place, and not as a judgement on them, but just a sense of regret over the whole mess, cos I only tend to see what's happened when it's too late to backtrack and put it right, the damage is done and I'm now an asshole in their eyes. And then - the doorslam.
    I often wonder if people know I'm joking when I say some pretty weird things. They seem to take me pretty serious, or when I am serious they completely disregard it.

  10. #30
    Senior Member HollyGolightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    302

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    Enter INTP stage left.

    INTP: Hi, INFJ.
    INFJ: Hi.
    INTP: Do you mind if I'm mostly silent for the rest of the evening?
    INFJ: No. I much prefer it.
    INTP:
    INFJ:

    The End
    Lol this is me and my INTP boyfriend
    "Dad I can't feel my legs."

    "That's because you don't have any arms."

Similar Threads

  1. ENTP and INFJ Relationships
    By highlander in forum Intertype Relations
    Replies: 167
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 04:45 AM
  2. [MBTItm] Long, weird on/off interaction with an ENTP and an INFJ: Help?
    By StarsPer in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 10:37 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs and Dating
    By Sunshine in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-14-2009, 06:51 PM
  4. [ENTP] ENTPs and Developing One-Pointedness
    By Samuel De Mazarin in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
  5. [ENTP] ENtp and Marijuana!
    By Maha Raj in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO