• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Are ENTPs the ultimate idealists?

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
The universe is full of hats and rabbits. Reality is what you make it.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
No. I just think it is beyond our comprehension, which makes it almost magical anyway. I do think almost everything is possible.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
OP:

I love people but hate mankind.

funny :p

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
:smile: You make it, I'll watch over it while you go make another one.

"The Giants who formed this world into its sensual existence and now seem to live in it in chains, are in truth the causes of its life & the sources of all activity, but the chains are the cunning of weak and tame minds which have power to resist energy, according to the proverb, the weak in courage is strong in cunning.

Thus one portion of being is the Prolific, the other the Devouring: to the devourer it seems as if the producer was in his chains, but it is not so, he only takes portions of existence and fancies that the whole.

But the Prolific would cease to be Prolific unless the Devourer, as a sea, recieved the excess of his delights.

Some will say: 'Is not God alone the Prolific?' I answer: 'God only Acts & Is, in existing beings or Men.'

These two classes of men are always upon earth, & they should be enemies; whoever tries to reconcile them seeks to destroy existence.

Religion is an endeavour to reconcile the two.
Note: Jesus Christ did not wish to unite but to seperate them, as in the Parable of sheep and goats! & he says I came not to send Peace but a Sword.
Messiah or Satan or Tempter was formerly thought to be one of the Antediluvians who are our Energies."

CasusBelli

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fe is the Pontifex!

In my case, I gave my Fe a "jump start" by deliberately and consciously augmenting it in my late 20's... the result was disastrous. Yes, I cared about people more, and I cared about values and morals and stuff more... but... the down side was that it developed sort of independently of Ne and Ti, leaving me with a constant feeling of being torn apart. I could never see what the right choice was for quite some time... strong instructions from Fe would have Ti screaming and covering its ears, and vice versa. The resultant behaviour was not pretty.

I tend to agree. Once well incubated, Fe helps its user not burn the bridges one might want to cross someday, and may help one mend bridges burnt by mistake...:doh: bridges, frail or mighty as they may be- are a great thing, as some lead to occasional ladders :D

iHeartCats

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
no
Interesting paradox.....Gregory House is an ENTP that incorporates this problem pretty well.

Inarius

MBTI Type
ENTP
I feel 100% like the OP, it's exactly what I feel, and think, and always thought. Every word.

I only feel despise people when I see charity or people being "kind" to others (whereas it's generally only pity or guiltiness, which is the worse thing, because people are only "kind" to liberate themselves from this feeling and wants to feel better).
Seing people being hypocrite makes me angry, and I can be very provocative, getting them into a corner, to get this hypocrisy public and force people to admit to themselves (or to me ^^) they aren't so kind as they think they are.
Seeking and revealing the truth to show how people are corrupted. And, sometimes, trying to find some real people.
On the other hand, and unlike some INTP I know, I am always optimistic about finding people who are not this way, even among people who seems very conformist. I don't prejudge. Or, at least, i do, but it's only one input among others !

I consider that, when you are above pity and guiltiness or, at least, that you feel and accept the fact that they are inputs from your brain, like any other, the "true" generosity can exist.
Can you tell that one is generous if he can't be otherway ?

So, yes, I feel like I'm not so "cold, unfeeling cynical bastards", but more a dark (yet charming) romantic in love with the search of truth and sincerity and real humanity hidden behind conformism and morality. There is a part of fun and interesting analytic activity doing this, too, provoking, shocking people who have a SOOOO good opinion of themselves and show a mirror of their true nature.

And that's why I can be very cold, where i was just before very warm and charming ; it's not being a bastard, it's being deceived, after, AGAIN, trying to be sincere and really interested by you.

At last : "I am lazy, skeptical to an extreme, manipulative and untrustworthy, yet most people seem to like me this way, and I still don't know why." --> This !

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Charming and nice on the outside, yet completely disillusioned in the inside.

This was a nice sentence. Everything else was "meh".

I'm still trying to understand how you got the title from your post or vice versa.

But "meh".

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
"I am lazy, skeptical to an extreme, manipulative and untrustworthy, yet most people seem to like me this way, and I still don't know why."

This^^ EXCEPT

"I am lazy, skeptical to an extreme, manipulative and untrustworthy, yet most people seem to like me this way, and I still don't know why.

The bold, I agree with

The Itilized, I dont. At all.

The underlined. depends.

"People seem to like me this way."

Of the bat, people actually don't like me, They either misjudge me, or love me.

The more they get to know me, the more they realize, yes Im odd, knowledgeable, weird, and loud. But harmless.
THEN they love me.

I still dont know why people love me. I think its because I'm always honest.