User Tag List

First 12345 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Okay. Now let me introduce this. Would Ne be the xNTP's way of allowing emotions into their systems. Seeing as ideas can be dreams. Weird correlation, but do you see it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Well, I think an example of that might be choosing to take a chance on fulfilling a lifelong dream even though you know very few people succeed at it, etc. Knowing it's not exactly logical or "smart," but knowing you have to do it to satisfy a piece of your soul.
    This. Many of the world's great accomplishments were made by people who took a foolish chance. The odds are poor for attempting greatness.

It might be an extreme example, but pretend a loved one is in a burning building or other life threatening situation where you are in peril if you try to save them. It's not the most logical thing to try to save them, but if you don't you may live a life of regret. I guess that means love beats reason.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I think its arrogant to assume one could make any decision without an emotional influence.
    I further think in the end its exactly that kind of rational thinking needed to make reasonable decisions.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ReflecTcelfeR

To seperate emotion from reason is impossible. But figuring out when to rely on one more than the other (though intwined) is the most logical.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    To seperate emotion from reason is impossible. But figuring out when to rely on one more than the other (though intwined) is the most logical.
    But you need to assume for that you can tell the one from the other. I rather think it's like a wave with an oscillating frequency, meaning part of your decision was for the sake of reason but it got motivated from a wave front of emotion that came before or will come after it.

For example: a reasonable decision could be not to fuck with that girl drunk tonight, cause you have a girlfriend you very love. So why is it reasonable ? Cause you are concious of the emotional implications it could have for you and every sensing being tries to avoid inflicting pain upon themselves or their loved Ones.

A person who claims to be free of emotions or to not feel much in daily life, is not automatically a reasonable person, because he's lacking to see one side of the coin and that cant really lead to the wisdom needed to make reasonable decisions. It's like a body that in the light of the sun throws a shadow on the ground, with the sun and the shadow being the focal points in the eclipse of an human entity made from emotion and reason.

A person who claims to be less in touch with her or his emotions is never a really reasonable guy and his logic is most often only brutalized pragmatism, cause it fails to see the big picture which is life. In your whole life you will maybe have two or three occasions on which you need to decide on important things with cold logic, but if you wouldnt feel a bit sad about your decision then nevertheless, its not because you are very pragmatic, its because you are emotionally underdeveloped.

It's a symptome of our present life, at least thats how it feels for me, that people become more and more strangers to each other. And with that being true one hasnt really the chance at all to ever reflect his emotions on others and many many people stay emotionally retarded and unreasonable in many ways for all their life.

These are not my words, its what my INFJ thinks about it, but I would sign it any time.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But you need to assume for that you can tell the one from the other. I rather think it's like a wave with an oscillating frequency, meaning part of your decision was for the sake of reason but it got motivated from a wave front of emotion that came before or will come after it.

It's a symptome of our present life, at least thats how it feels for me, that people become more and more strangers to each other. And with that being true one hasnt really the chance at all to ever reflect his emotions on others and many many people stay emotionally retarded and unreasonable in many ways for all their life.
    Two great points!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTp

The only times I find emotions better than reason is when I try to talk some feelers into something. Unfortunately, I suck at it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I prefer emotional thinking. It's easier to claim you were wrong because then you just have to claim that your feelings changed.
    That's loser talk.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram

I guess in the most base of moral/value/goal assumptions (not how to prevent suffering, if preventing suffering itself is good) then it is acceptable as reason cannot derive ought statements without prior assumptions.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    When does making decisions with emotions fit better than reason in the eyes of NT's, if at all?
    To answer your question, never.
    Sometimes, reason can be used to find the most optimal way to satisfy a desire/emotion but I don't make any decisions that I consider to be unreasonable.
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx