User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: INTP musicians

  1. #31
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I absolutely suck at playing intruments. Not even serious dedication and harsh training allows me to play an instrument properly. I have always regretted that I completely lack any talent in this regard, as I always felt that playing music would be a good way to express myself. I just can't do it.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  2. #32
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    I... Am one.

    I... wonder why I type like this and... Why I have never seen this thread before; Probably some over sight on my part.

    I am also a CAD number carrying member of PRS the British ASCAP on the international catolog of songs in English, they did ask me what langauge my material would be in, and I put English... Maybe I should have put more but... Yeah. I have yet to earn any royalties anyway.
    My last gig was October 27th 2011, that was cool, it was an open mic gig, not ticketed, but, still cool.
    I write but I first and foremost play the guitar, it seems, I love it all but, I'm that guitarist guy who thinks he's famous or some crazy b/s like that, it's cool and I love guitar.

  3. #33
    Member herbpixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I think Bowie and Reznor are both almost certainly INTJs, though.
    Why? Just curious--I'm somewhat of a newbie. I've always gotten and INTP vibe from Bowie because his humor is so zany/wacky instead of sarcastic, but that may just be narcissism because I adore the guy, and I want him to be an INTP.

  4. #34
    Junior Member Suzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    22

    Default

    I've played the piano for over 10 years. It can be done. In my opinion, most anyone can learn to play an instrument. It's just a matter of practice to get it in your muscle memory.

    As for any composition, I'm not sure.

  5. #35
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    My dad's an INTP bassist and guitarist - both acoustic and electric. He can play pretty much anything just by listening to it. He mostly plays jazz and rock, and he's currently in a rock band.

  6. #36
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbpixie View Post
    Why? Just curious--I'm somewhat of a newbie. I've always gotten and INTP vibe from Bowie because his humor is so zany/wacky instead of sarcastic, but that may just be narcissism because I adore the guy, and I want him to be an INTP.
    I mean, I can't prove it either way, but that whole "man who fell to earth" vibe is more INTJ-esque to me. He also tends to use familiar ideas in strange and unexpected ways (like the way Let's Dance starts out with the tried-and-true upward vocal sweep that was popular in 50s music before abruptly switching over to disco), whereas INXPs tend to create their own idiosyncratic sound, the way Cobain did and Albini has.

    Incidentally, I also think that Frank Black is an INTP, but haven't had the chance to look at YouTube interviews and the like to confirm this. His entire solo debut album is in 2/4 time (if I'm not mistaken) and extremely idiosyncratic. Nothing else I've ever heard sounds anything like it.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

  7. #37
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    14,010

    Default

    I had the strong desire to play piano as a child, but we had no money to spare for lessons and pianos are expensive. I bought a keyboard in my early 20s and learned to play memorized songs, some were pretty difficult. I never properly learned to read music, not with any speed, or to "separate my hands." And now with my hand the way it is I don't play at all anymore.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  8. #38
    F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Posts
    1,986

    Default

    We (Me) make album(s) like this;



    Addicted to Porn and Marijuana


    StatsMy Mp3sMy AlbumsMy PlaylistMy ListenersUpload NewYou have 17 songs total.
    Today Week Total
    Plays: 0 0 469
    Comments: 0 0 0


    The Wicked Bitch of the Beast x


    Where the Stinging Nettles Grow x


    One of those days... x


    Look What I Can Do x


    Back to the 80s x


    About the Wow x


    Jersey Girl song x


    Welcome to the Jungle x


    Voodoo Child Riff x


    Basic 1 x


    Trebor Illusion Solo x


    Power Supply x


    Corny But Horny x


    Skin Deep x


    Sweet Child O' Mine (Year of the Tiger version) x


    Addicted to Porn and Marijuana album :

    Addicted to Porn and Marijuana
    Songs: 15 | Date : 12/15/2010
    "My years here." Lead and Rhythm Guitars: Treborillusion

  9. #39
    Member herbpixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I mean, I can't prove it either way, but that whole "man who fell to earth" vibe is more INTJ-esque to me. He also tends to use familiar ideas in strange and unexpected ways (like the way Let's Dance starts out with the tried-and-true upward vocal sweep that was popular in 50s music before abruptly switching over to disco), whereas INXPs tend to create their own idiosyncratic sound, the way Cobain did and Albini has.

    Incidentally, I also think that Frank Black is an INTP, but haven't had the chance to look at YouTube interviews and the like to confirm this. His entire solo debut album is in 2/4 time (if I'm not mistaken) and extremely idiosyncratic. Nothing else I've ever heard sounds anything like it.
    Thanks for the explanation. I think I shall bestow honorary INTP status upon Bowie, whether he is one or not.

    I agree with you about Frank Black. I think Isaac Brock may be an INTP as well.

  10. #40
    The elder Holmes Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp
    Posts
    1,080

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herbpixie View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. I think I shall bestow honorary INTP status upon Bowie, whether he is one or not.

    I agree with you about Frank Black. I think Isaac Brock may be an INTP as well.
    That's cool, I think an argument can be made for INTP as well, certainly. The moral of the story is that David Bowie is awesome.

    To be honest I've never given Modest Mouse much of a listen, but I'll have to look into that. Any recommendations (songs, albums) are welcome!
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

    -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Similar Threads

  1. Video: INTP - Musicians
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 01:01 AM
  2. [INTP] Defeatism created by INTP type description
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-15-2008, 06:24 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP Rage
    By Schizm in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. [INTP] Good things about INTPs
    By lastrailway in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO