• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT's... How did YOU flirt today?

the killer potatoe

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Actually, I do it all the time, unabashadley, with people I'm attracted to, but only if I'm comfortable with them. I'm actually pretty good at it, and seem to know what to say. I never really get anywhere (until recently that is) and it's not really that hard, so long as you practice.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I walk up to lil shawty, I b like, wha cho name iz?

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
Nothing impressive as of the last few days. I made some pretty intense eye contact with the lady who was seating us when I went to Outback. I think she assumed that my bff who was with me was my girlfriend though. FML.

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
What exactly is flirting? I've googled it and found nothing convincing. I haven't read through this thread, but eventually will find the time. I don't know exactly what flirting is, but I think I may do it by default with every women and lots of men I speak with, without knowing its flirting.

Most people I talk too I immediately judge them and determine if they are worth my time or have any admirable characteristics. Usually they don't. Women especially get written off because they probably can't hold an interesting conversation like most in high school, but they could also rarely discuss music or video games.

So with that elitist attitude in mind, I feel strongly compelled to criticize them. Often jokingly and sarcastically because I don't want to sour a conversation or actually be mean. Except I couldn't care less about befriending them. I've even found with women who I do admire I naturally want to criticize into dust. Looking back, I think almost every women I've talked to in high school thought I was flirting with them. Except an odd flirt, because instead of the PUA push and pull, I just keep pushing.

With women I've tried to start a relationship with (back when I was trying to understand relationships by trying), conversations tended to be one of two kinds. My sarcastic joke dominated criticisms, or me trying to discuss something interesting or spill my ideas. Ideas never got far or intelligible responses. Then after a while the girls got tired of my sarcastic criticisms. Since I never really pulled back with these they probably never felt fully comfortable spilling their hearts and minds out to me.

Serge

MBTI Type
INXJ
Enneagram
5w6
What exactly is flirting? I've googled it and found nothing convincing. I haven't read through this thread, but eventually will find the time. I don't know exactly what flirting is, but I think I may do it by default with every women and lots of men I speak with, without knowing its flirting.

Most people I talk too I immediately judge them and determine if they are worth my time or have any admirable characteristics. Usually they don't. Women especially get written off because they probably can't hold an interesting conversation like most in high school, but they could also rarely discuss music or video games.

So with that elitist attitude in mind, I feel strongly compelled to criticize them. Often jokingly and sarcastically because I don't want to sour a conversation or actually be mean. Except I couldn't care less about befriending them. I've even found with women who I do admire I naturally want to criticize into dust. Looking back, I think almost every women I've talked to in high school thought I was flirting with them. Except an odd flirt, because instead of the PUA push and pull, I just keep pushing.

With women I've tried to start a relationship with (back when I was trying to understand relationships by trying), conversations tended to be one of two kinds. My sarcastic joke dominated criticisms, or me trying to discuss something interesting or spill my ideas. Ideas never got far or intelligible responses. Then after a while the girls got tired of my sarcastic criticisms. Since I never really pulled back with these they probably never felt fully comfortable spilling their hearts and minds out to me.

Flirting is hard to define, really. I guess, at its most basic form, it's just showing a sexual interest in someone. Almost in the same manner that you would show interest in a buddy of yours, just only to someone from your gender(s) of interest. I Being rude and critical doesn't tend to fall in line with flirting, not don't get me wrong, sarcasm has its place. I, as well, use sarcasm naturally and as such I don't hide that from anybody, but when you consistently criticize a potential interest or even just a passing individual in your discussion, they will NOT take it kindly. Even sarcastic statements start to wear at people (So I've found...I personally love 'em) I'm actually quite a bit surprised that you even got into a standing discussion with any woman, if you're describing yourself correctly. Criticism has its place.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5

This post makes me think you just came from INTJCentral. Since you obviously have a superior intellect [figured the sarcasm would register better] it is your duty to find ways to improve yourself, and that includes understanding others who think and act differently.

There is a whole, brave new world where INTJ's are actually NICE to people and don't think everyone else is stupid. :yes:

Welcome to that world.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP women are bitches. They'll flirt like crazy and deny that it ever happened afterwards. They're also very reluctant to open up to anyone prefering a life of solitude. Edit: Also the one I knew didn't use FDS. She may've ruined the world of INTP women forever for me.

Thank you, sister.

INTP said:
when i was leaving home she told me that we had a thing. this came to me as a total surprise since i totally missed it.
Heh. Apparently I have a boyfriend that I didn't know about. This sort of thing happens to us quite a lot. :doh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't often have an INTP girl flirting with me before I fall for her. Usually I get to the point where I'd like to be more than friends, I say so, and I get turned down. Once, one who turned me down came back a year later and pulled me to her. Probably had something to do with not having an emo outburst when turned down, but there you go. It's actually kind of different being turned down to my face then later get tackle-glomped from behind.

Red October

MBTI Type
INTJ
This post makes me think you just came from INTJCentral. Since you obviously have a superior intellect [figured the sarcasm would register better] it is your duty to find ways to improve yourself, and that includes understanding others who think and act differently.

There is a whole, brave new world where INTJ's are actually NICE to people and don't think everyone else is stupid. :yes:

Welcome to that world.
I did sort of come from INTJCentral. I was banned from that place a few years ago for being too young or something ridiculous. I don't know if it is still in effect. Except I don't know if I would go back quickly, there is too much nasty pretentiousness. People there also bathe in this self worshiping elitism about their unhealthy introversion. While I love introversion to the point of mental illness as much as they do, I'd rather also be able to learn about other ways of living.

I think I get conversations with women because I have interesting things to say. Understanding others has been at the forefront of my goals for the past year and half. I'm considering this expedition almost over, and am questioning the results, and if it is worthwhile to continue on in college. I'm in a struggle right now, my E and my I.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Flirting is the stop you pass by immediately before the sexual harrassement charges are made.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I met a nice girl today and we hit it off immediately! We were hanging out at a friend's house and I spent the entire time talking with her about our interests and goals in life. What's more, she even showed interest in my pictures of rock formations! Success!

We might go hiking together. :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I met a nice girl today and we hit it off immediately! We were hanging out at a friend's house and I spent the entire time talking with her about our interests and goals in life. What's more, she even showed interest in my pictures of rock formations! Success!

We might go hiking together. :D

Go, Stevo!

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I've got a girl in my sights. I'm pretty sure she is an ENFJ, though it really doesn't matter because I like her.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Internet flirting is depressing.

You can always express yourself better by having the time to think up and type the jargon and lingo rather than to immediately think it up and voice it.

I think of it like cheating.

You can't have sex online, so you might as well get good at flirting for real instead of speaking in type.

suttree

MBTI Type
intP
I like to sit at the bar and wait for attractive girls to come order drinks. If the look at me twice, I give them a nod and ask what they've been up to that night as a conversation starter.

It's not much but its led to a couple dates for me. I'm sure it helps that I'm decent looking.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sent Jock a rep about his package today.

MoneyTick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like to sit at the bar and wait for attractive girls to come order drinks. If the look at me twice, I give them a nod and ask what they've been up to that night as a conversation starter.

It's not much but its led to a couple dates for me. I'm sure it helps that I'm decent looking.

Id be like:

Me: "Hey! What are you looking at?"

She: "Uhh, You were staring at me, duh?"

Me: "Wow, you really make the blonde thing work! How can I reward you?"

She: "Just a Tequila for now"

Me: "[to bartender] One french margarita on ice!"

She: "WTH is this?"

Me: "Truth serum, so I can get to know you better"

She: "Ok"

Me: "What are you having next?"

She: "You"

BANG!