User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Today, I walked straight up to an INFJ dude I find adorable and gave him a HUG.

I'm going to blatantly ignore the fact that he seemed to be very, very taken aback.

HA! In your FACE!

Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Today, I walked straight up to an INFJ dude I find adorable and gave him a HUG.

I'm going to blatantly ignore the fact that he seemed to be very, very taken aback.

HA! In your FACE!

You shocked him a little; it happens to INs, especially when they're not at all ready for such a thing to happen.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I don't even know where to begin with flirting. Although maybe I should work on actually approaching new people before I start thinking about flirting with them. I am terrible at making the first move on anything.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    Could you give an example, please? I can't seem to make it over the hurdle of actually making my flirting attempts OBVIOUS. I feel... scared? Stupid? Assuming?? I don't even know what the word would be. I do know that I tend to treat everyone with that same "playful-banter-that-gets-annoying" kind of thing... but anything more overt I can't seem to manage. In fact, if anyone did wonder if I liked them, they'd think 'Well... but she does that with everyone...' or even worse, I start avoiding them altogether.
    Well, it has to be going well, and I have to be getting vibes from them. I can't turn a non-flirty situation into an outright flirty-obvious situation, because I start to get self-conscious. But I tend to sort of look at them slyly and smile, like I have a secret or something. I lean in to hear what they have to say more, sit closer than I would normally. It's not like wearing a sandwich board advertising my interest, but it's definitely enough for them to know they're the target of my flirtation, instead of the generic playful banter everyone else gets. And you kind of have to forget you're an NT for a moment, and just be a woman. B/c the NT in you will tell you you're being too obvious or making a fool of yourself. This doesn't mean become a vapid Sex & the City-bot. Just let loose more than you would in say, a laboratory.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    You shocked him a little; it happens to INs, especially when they're not at all ready for such a thing to happen.
    I'm going to relish in the fact that he hugged me back.

When I saw him later today though, he greeted me (as opposed to ignored me) with a smile and a hey. So... now what?

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

ReflecTcelfeR

Good question... I hear you're suppose to say hi back, but I've never really tried it.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    Good question... I hear you're suppose to say hi back, but I've never really tried it.
    Me neither! What a coincidence! It must be fate!

I barely managed a facial contortion that will -hopefully- be construed as a smile by that INFJ.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hmmmmm... try the hug again (if you can muster the courage) and THEN say hi... put'em together.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Yes, keep on huggin' until he caves in. Resistance is futile. He will be assimilated.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”