• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] INT's... How did YOU flirt today?

ez78705

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
I wish I could always skip the flirting part and get right down to business. My attempt to flirt turns out to be something very intense every time.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Genuinely, I don't see the point. It's a game for halfwits, cowards and fakes, as far as I can discern. Vacuous people. Not being skilled in flirtation is a sign of character, nothing to be ashamed of.
Flirts are boring at best, deceitful at worst, and irritating, mostly.
^^ This.

I don't flirt, either; not sure I ever have. I do joke and banter from time to time, and occasionally indulge in the odd practical joke, but there is no sexual overtone to it, and it is not how I would approach someone I was interested in dating.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Genuinely, I don't see the point. It's a game for halfwits, cowards and fakes, as far as I can discern. Vacuous people. Not being skilled in flirtation is a sign of character, nothing to be ashamed of.
Flirts are boring at best, deceitful at worst, and irritating, mostly.

kermit-flirt.jpg

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I will offer advise that I read somewhere... :)huh:) don't flirt with people you are actually attracted to at first. Flirt with random store clerks...After we get better at this ridiculous nonsense, then we can set our sights on people we're attracted to.

;)

Neo.bahamut.r

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love NTs, this thread is hilarious :D

For some reason I seem to be the kind of person who flirts indiscriminately without realizing it (perhaps it's that NF in me), that is until I find someone I'm really interested in. Either way, I do it to make people walk away smiling from any conversation they have with me.

If you're interested on working on flirting, perhaps you can set goals to flirt with complete strangers (little flirts). Practice spontaneously complimenting 3 separate people on something about them. If you keep that and possibly other little games up each day, it'll become habit and after that it's all down hill.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I mostly "flirt" according to the first definition. And if it becomes clear that someone is taking my interactions with them as flirting with intent, I clarify so that they aren't hurt or confused later on. If I'm interested in you, my flirting becomes more targeted. I will look at you differently, make more of an effort to focus on you. You will know it's not just me being generally flirty/friendly.

Could you give an example, please? I can't seem to make it over the hurdle of actually making my flirting attempts OBVIOUS. I feel... scared? Stupid? Assuming?? I don't even know what the word would be. I do know that I tend to treat everyone with that same "playful-banter-that-gets-annoying" kind of thing... but anything more overt I can't seem to manage. In fact, if anyone did wonder if I liked them, they'd think 'Well... but she does that with everyone...' or even worse, I start avoiding them altogether. :doh:

You don't look that bad today. Gets'em everytime.

LOL!

:wubbie:

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Today, I walked straight up to an INFJ dude I find adorable and gave him a HUG.

I'm going to blatantly ignore the fact that he seemed to be very, very taken aback.

HA! In your FACE!

:doh:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Today, I walked straight up to an INFJ dude I find adorable and gave him a HUG.

I'm going to blatantly ignore the fact that he seemed to be very, very taken aback.

HA! In your FACE!

:doh:

You shocked him a little; it happens to INs, especially when they're not at all ready for such a thing to happen.

Stevo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I don't even know where to begin with flirting. Although maybe I should work on actually approaching new people before I start thinking about flirting with them. I am terrible at making the first move on anything.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Could you give an example, please? I can't seem to make it over the hurdle of actually making my flirting attempts OBVIOUS. I feel... scared? Stupid? Assuming?? I don't even know what the word would be. I do know that I tend to treat everyone with that same "playful-banter-that-gets-annoying" kind of thing... but anything more overt I can't seem to manage. In fact, if anyone did wonder if I liked them, they'd think 'Well... but she does that with everyone...' or even worse, I start avoiding them altogether. :doh:

Well, it has to be going well, and I have to be getting vibes from them. I can't turn a non-flirty situation into an outright flirty-obvious situation, because I start to get self-conscious. But I tend to sort of look at them slyly and smile, like I have a secret or something. I lean in to hear what they have to say more, sit closer than I would normally. It's not like wearing a sandwich board advertising my interest, but it's definitely enough for them to know they're the target of my flirtation, instead of the generic playful banter everyone else gets. And you kind of have to forget you're an NT for a moment, and just be a woman. B/c the NT in you will tell you you're being too obvious or making a fool of yourself. :smile: This doesn't mean become a vapid Sex & the City-bot. Just let loose more than you would in say, a laboratory.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You shocked him a little; it happens to INs, especially when they're not at all ready for such a thing to happen.

I'm going to relish in the fact that he hugged me back.

:cry:

When I saw him later today though, he greeted me (as opposed to ignored me) with a smile and a hey. So... now what? :huh:

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Good question... I hear you're suppose to say hi back, but I've never really tried it.

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good question... I hear you're suppose to say hi back, but I've never really tried it.

Me neither! What a coincidence! It must be fate!

:sombrero:

I barely managed a facial contortion that will -hopefully- be construed as a smile by that INFJ.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hmmmmm... try the hug again (if you can muster the courage) and THEN say hi... put'em together.

Weber

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yes, keep on huggin' until he caves in. Resistance is futile. He will be assimilated.