User Tag List

First 71516171819 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    N/A

Actually, I do it all the time, unabashadley, with people I'm attracted to, but only if I'm comfortable with them. I'm actually pretty good at it, and seem to know what to say. I never really get anywhere (until recently that is) and it's not really that hard, so long as you practice.
    "What's the worst that could happen?"
    "Would you like that list chronologically or alphabetically?"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I walk up to lil shawty, I b like, wha cho name iz?
    Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Nothing impressive as of the last few days. I made some pretty intense eye contact with the lady who was seating us when I went to Outback. I think she assumed that my bff who was with me was my girlfriend though. FML.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

MBTI
    INTJ

What exactly is flirting? I've googled it and found nothing convincing. I haven't read through this thread, but eventually will find the time. I don't know exactly what flirting is, but I think I may do it by default with every women and lots of men I speak with, without knowing its flirting.

Most people I talk too I immediately judge them and determine if they are worth my time or have any admirable characteristics. Usually they don't. Women especially get written off because they probably can't hold an interesting conversation like most in high school, but they could also rarely discuss music or video games.

So with that elitist attitude in mind, I feel strongly compelled to criticize them. Often jokingly and sarcastically because I don't want to sour a conversation or actually be mean. Except I couldn't care less about befriending them. I've even found with women who I do admire I naturally want to criticize into dust. Looking back, I think almost every women I've talked to in high school thought I was flirting with them. Except an odd flirt, because instead of the PUA push and pull, I just keep pushing.

With women I've tried to start a relationship with (back when I was trying to understand relationships by trying), conversations tended to be one of two kinds. My sarcastic joke dominated criticisms, or me trying to discuss something interesting or spill my ideas. Ideas never got far or intelligible responses. Then after a while the girls got tired of my sarcastic criticisms. Since I never really pulled back with these they probably never felt fully comfortable spilling their hearts and minds out to me.

MBTI
    INXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post
    What exactly is flirting? I've googled it and found nothing convincing. I haven't read through this thread, but eventually will find the time. I don't know exactly what flirting is, but I think I may do it by default with every women and lots of men I speak with, without knowing its flirting.

Most people I talk too I immediately judge them and determine if they are worth my time or have any admirable characteristics. Usually they don't. Women especially get written off because they probably can't hold an interesting conversation like most in high school, but they could also rarely discuss music or video games.

So with that elitist attitude in mind, I feel strongly compelled to criticize them. Often jokingly and sarcastically because I don't want to sour a conversation or actually be mean. Except I couldn't care less about befriending them. I've even found with women who I do admire I naturally want to criticize into dust. Looking back, I think almost every women I've talked to in high school thought I was flirting with them. Except an odd flirt, because instead of the PUA push and pull, I just keep pushing.

With women I've tried to start a relationship with (back when I was trying to understand relationships by trying), conversations tended to be one of two kinds. My sarcastic joke dominated criticisms, or me trying to discuss something interesting or spill my ideas. Ideas never got far or intelligible responses. Then after a while the girls got tired of my sarcastic criticisms. Since I never really pulled back with these they probably never felt fully comfortable spilling their hearts and minds out to me.

Flirting is hard to define, really. I guess, at its most basic form, it's just showing a sexual interest in someone. Almost in the same manner that you would show interest in a buddy of yours, just only to someone from your gender(s) of interest. I Being rude and critical doesn't tend to fall in line with flirting, not don't get me wrong, sarcasm has its place. I, as well, use sarcasm naturally and as such I don't hide that from anybody, but when you consistently criticize a potential interest or even just a passing individual in your discussion, they will NOT take it kindly. Even sarcastic statements start to wear at people (So I've found...I personally love 'em) I'm actually quite a bit surprised that you even got into a standing discussion with any woman, if you're describing yourself correctly. Criticism has its place.
    Johari/Nohari wall! Thanks in advance for filling it out.

"Taste. I have no taste. I don't like these tiny portions or your artful abortions of sound, sealed with a kiss, slathered in the sauce sarcastic. So go choke on your irony"
    ~
    "Life for you, has been less than kind
    So take a number, stand in line
    We've all been sorry, we've all been hurt
    But how we survive, is what makes us who we are"

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Red October View Post

This post makes me think you just came from INTJCentral. Since you obviously have a superior intellect [figured the sarcasm would register better] it is your duty to find ways to improve yourself, and that includes understanding others who think and act differently.

There is a whole, brave new world where INTJ's are actually NICE to people and don't think everyone else is stupid.

Welcome to that world.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post

INTP women are bitches. They'll flirt like crazy and deny that it ever happened afterwards. They're also very reluctant to open up to anyone prefering a life of solitude. Edit: Also the one I knew didn't use FDS. She may've ruined the world of INTP women forever for me.
    Thank you, sister.

Quote Originally Posted by INTP
    when i was leaving home she told me that we had a thing. this came to me as a total surprise since i totally missed it.
    Heh. Apparently I have a boyfriend that I didn't know about. This sort of thing happens to us quite a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Thank you, sister.
    Right!? I love that he came back and edited to add that part specifically. Stay classy, chris.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't often have an INTP girl flirting with me before I fall for her. Usually I get to the point where I'd like to be more than friends, I say so, and I get turned down. Once, one who turned me down came back a year later and pulled me to her. Probably had something to do with not having an emo outburst when turned down, but there you go. It's actually kind of different being turned down to my face then later get tackle-glomped from behind.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    This post makes me think you just came from INTJCentral. Since you obviously have a superior intellect [figured the sarcasm would register better] it is your duty to find ways to improve yourself, and that includes understanding others who think and act differently.

There is a whole, brave new world where INTJ's are actually NICE to people and don't think everyone else is stupid.

Welcome to that world.
    I did sort of come from INTJCentral. I was banned from that place a few years ago for being too young or something ridiculous. I don't know if it is still in effect. Except I don't know if I would go back quickly, there is too much nasty pretentiousness. People there also bathe in this self worshiping elitism about their unhealthy introversion. While I love introversion to the point of mental illness as much as they do, I'd rather also be able to learn about other ways of living.

I think I get conversations with women because I have interesting things to say. Understanding others has been at the forefront of my goals for the past year and half. I'm considering this expedition almost over, and am questioning the results, and if it is worthwhile to continue on in college. I'm in a struggle right now, my E and my I.