First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

ENFP friend to me today:
    "You wanna be DNA helicase and unzip my genes?"

:rofl:
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    ENFP friend to me today:
    "You wanna be DNA helicase and unzip my genes?"

:rofl:
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I think you do flirt, though. You may not call it flirting, but your banter (even when it shuts people down) could definitely be perceived as a form of flirting.
    Flirting is a common form of social interaction whereby one person obliquely indicates a romantic or sexual interest towards another
    You think I do this? Please point it out to me. Perhaps you are just missing the irony.
    I don't indicate romantic or sexual interest unless I feel romantic or sexual interest that I want to pursue. Like I said, what's the point? I like to conserve my energy. And I hate obliqueness (in the sense of
    "a. Indirect or evasive
    b. Devious, misleading, or dishonest")

There are people who get some kind of validation/kick out of stringing others along and manipulating their emotions. I don't. I think it's cruel and selfish and vain. If I inadvertantly lead someone to believe I feel something for them, I am quick to set them straight.
    I don't see why people who don't engage in this kind of manipulation should be viewed as defective and given instruction in how to do it. There are many things that I am technically capable of but ethically not.
    If you are genuinely interested in someone, then flirting is only useful to 'test the waters'. (And it's far from the only approach.) Beyond that, it just seems insincere and boring. From personal experience, I have found those who excel at this form of communication to be shallow and egotistical and I prefer to avoid them.

This sort of thing:
    Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    Got someone all wound up hot and heavy via texting and then told them they would have to stop texting me for awhile because my text memory was full. Sounds cornball but it goes into my catstring theory (hot/cold but playfully)
    makes me sick. I despise manipulation and deceit. Sexual manipulation is perhaps the worst kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    6w5

MLF, I believe they are referring to the various bantery back-and-forths you do. Even if they may be clearly not serious, people will still perceive it as 'flirtation' - like playing poker for pennies.
    The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together. ~ rCoxI ~ INfj ~ 5w6 so/sp

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    MLF, I believe they are referring to the various bantery back-and-forths you do. Even if they may be clearly not serious, people will still perceive it as 'flirtation' - like playing poker for pennies.
    It can't be both "clearly not serious" and flirtation though. Flirtation relies on ambiguity. That's what makes it seductive. Most INTs are too sincere to be effective flirts. I find that quite charming. Lots of people do. Then there are those who buy into all that PUA crap. I find that creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ----

why all the flirt-hate? some very important figures in modern history have been prolific flirts

errm, hang on

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    why all the flirt-hate? some very important figures in modern history have been prolific flirts
    A lot of important figures have been liars. Not to be confrontational, but what's your point?

MBTI
    ----

this site needs a sarcasm font.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    this site needs a sarcasm font.
    Poe's law, I guess.

(a girl I know uses arguments like this all the time and I'm a little allergic to that)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I would actually be turned on with innuendo like that... *sigh*

Where does one FIND a guy who flirts like THAT???
    I feel the need for some calculus homework...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]