User Tag List

First 12345 Last

figsfiggyfigs

I'm always late , to EVERYTHING... unless its something schedules, such as a train, and I've already bought a ticket for it.

I'm always always late, even when I try to make it on time, I'm still 5 minutes late.

I just don't notice time slip by....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm chronically late, but usually no more than 30 minutes and generally less than 15 minutes. I have no sense of time, or rather, my sense of time isn't in sync with actual time. Thirty minutes can take two hours to pass if I'm bored or five minutes if I'm absorbed in something. I set all kinds of alarms on my cell phone for kid-related stuff because I'm paranoid about missing an important pick up/drop off time.

My husband and my three older kids (INTP, INTJ, INFP, E?T?) all hate being late and are conscientiously punctual. The youngest one I'm not sure about how he feels about punctuality yet.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Pitseleh View Post
    I am like an ENFJ/INFJ hybrid but closer to ENFJ. I am always almost late to everything. Strong Ni can be a curse. If I am engrossed in something, I want to continue doing it rather than doing what I am supposed to be doing next. Typically, it's like this. 5 more minutes is going to be ok. 5 minutes is up. It will be all right if I do it for 10 more minutes. 10 minutes is up. Well, 15 more minutes won't make a difference. It continues and continues until in the end, it becomes "Oh shit, I should have gotten ready 30 minutes ago".
    THIS! ^

MBTI
    ISTP

They do it on purpose...

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    The INTJs I know tend to be on time only if they consider it important. This behaviour in particular (ditching you to go to a restaurant, without telling you let alone asking if you wanted to come?) is pretty ridiculously rude, except perhaps if your meeting was extremely casual.

Have you considered that she could be istp, which can resemble intj in thoughts and behaviour? It's funny but istp is often more like intj than either is like intp (in my experience) - perhaps the shared Ni/Se. Your description didn't include much about being abstract which is why I'm mentioning this. ST is as "cool, rational and understanding" as NT.
    Agreed. I'm almost always late (by a maximum of half an hour), but if I honestly want to be somewhere I'm there ten minutes early, guaranteed.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ISTP

Gandalf was an INTJ. He says, "A wizard is never late, he arrives exactly when he intends to." Unfortunately for the rest of us (the ones who realize that we aren't the center of the world) it's important to be on time for a variety of reasons.

Kidding, I love INTJs. I'm late sometimes, but not out of entitlement or arrogance. It's just my P preference coming out. I just don't care that much.

And come on . . . she's late because she's a girl, not because she's an INTJ.

YouTube - Brad Paisley With Andy Griffith - Waitin' On A Woman

The hipster, metrosexual, country singer Brad Paisley knows what I'm talkin about.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by kevrawlings View Post
    Gandalf was an INTJ. He says, "A wizard is never late, he arrives exactly when he intends to."
    Oh no, is this true? I had HOPES when I saw sparks in my eyes after eating the mushrooms I picked on the side of the road...
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

MBTI
    ISTP

It's true, Gandalf said it in the movie. He's a fictional character, but it's still pertinent.

Im convinced intuition, as it pertains to the myers briggs test, whether it's E or I, is a big "know-it-all" factor. Is it intuition, or assumption and arrogance?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    INTj

I don't know about others but I know I'm never late for something that I think it's important to be there on time. In that case everything is well planned in advance so that I can get there on time. But I can be really late for something that I secretly want to avoid.

I don't mean to imply that she secretly wants to avoid you but if she really is an INTJ who trusts you and you confront her about this, I believe she should already have a well-thought explanation for you.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ez78705 View Post
    But I can be really late for something that I secretly want to avoid.
    This.