User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

To be honest, when I smoke my Ni (at least I'm guessing my Ni) is at its best. I get a lot of creative ideas. I notice that my "high" is a lot different than other people's. Some people smoke just to relax and get lazy, but for me it is quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by dissonance View Post
    i guarantee i could get you stoned out of your mind.

if you aren't getting stoned, either you aren't smoking right, or you're not doing enough, or the weed is weak, or some combination of those.

i've never met anyone that i couldn't get stoned, even when they'd said stuff like that.
    I think a lot of people expect something different when they first smoke. It doesn't put you in an altered state of consciousness comparable to getting drunk. In fact, if a situation is serious enough you can simply snap out of your high. However, if you're drunk you are screwed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    To be honest, when I smoke my Ni (at least I'm guessing my Ni) is at its best. I get a lot of creative ideas. I notice that my "high" is a lot different than other people's. Some people smoke just to relax and get lazy, but for me it is quite the opposite.
    Same here, but with Ne!!!

I become super sensitive to stimuli and my mind starts to race. I too get a lot of creative ideas. Also, I can become quite the chatterbox when stoned. Most people, I think, smoke pot to kind of chill and zonk out, and I'm like, how does that happen?? When stoned I make even more connections between seemingly incongruous things then when not stoned. For all intents and purposes, pot acts like a stimulant for me.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Maha Raj View Post

Any comments?

Cliff notes

Hyper-Fi
    Increased Ne/Ni/Se

Pre-high
    An increase in the five senses occurs
    A physical disconnection from the flesh begins.
    Thoughts become faster, more erratic, more disjointed, more convoluted.

High
    Whilst the increase in extrasensory perception, I tend to favour my hearing the most
    Music, especially Classical, Metal and Ambient await my departure from the known into the unknown.
    Physical concerns irrelevant; imagination priority one.
    Inclination for Randiness: present.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Same here, but with Ne!!!

I become super sensitive to stimuli and my mind starts to race. I too get a lot of creative ideas. Also, I can become quite the chatterbox when stoned. Most people, I think, smoke pot to kind of chill and zonk out, and I'm like, how does that happen?? When stoned I make even more connections between seemingly incongruous things when not stoned. For all intents and purposes, pot acts like a stimulant for me.
    YEAH! I start babbling when I'm stoned and I usually end up feeling insecure because I think I'm talking too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

MBTI
    JIxT

For what purpose are you guys studying this folly of humanity?

We know it has different results depending on person.
    We know it boosts some senses and lowers others.

Are you guys waiting for something remarkable to turn up?
    Just sharing experiences?
    Praying to God Almighty that there is some type of weed that only boosts functions?
    Reyson: ...If you were to change your ways, I'm sure we could rebuild the relationship the two of us once shared.

Naesala: Oh no, that I could never do. You see, humans are essential to the fulfillment of my ambitions.

Reyson: You've changed, Naesala. If this is the path you've chosen, I've nothing left to say.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maha Raj View Post
    [SIZE="2"]I am not promoting any drugs or particularly marijuana in this post.
    Why not? Drugs are cool, everybody says so.

I find that when I get stoned I lose any form of extraversion. People hoping for my usual stimulating conversation are deeply disappointed. I still have my Ne and make thousands of random connections that I can never remember aftewards, but I get so consumed with my Si that I get paranoid about dying and that my body is just going to give out if I think about it hard enough - as stupid as it sounds.

I smoked it all the time when I was a teenager, but now in my twenties each experience with weed gets more unpleasant and I might smoke it once a year now.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Being an INTP myself, I wonder what drug increases the INTP's inferior functions.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four

This is a very interesting discussion!

I've never used marijuana, but my EnfP brother largely advocates it. Do y'all think that smoking marijuana actually benefits the mind? Some posters have recounted that their thoughts become more creative, but are they any more insightful, or useful?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ofugur View Post
    Do y'all think that smoking marijuana actually benefits the mind? Some posters have recounted that their thoughts become more creative, but are they any more insightful, or useful?
    It does benefit me to some degree, but it can also make some things more difficult... though that's usually due to excessive use. Once or twice a week would probably be mostly unnoticeable, as far as negative effects go. But once every day, or more, and some part of your thinking processes slow down a bit. It's not really that you're stupider, but you do feel a bit more oblivious to a lot of external things, and some things can just slip by your awareness, because you're too preoccupied with something else. This is often called "being a burn-out," at least around here.

I don't find it that bad, though. I'm able to cope with it quite well. I just find that getting stoned all the time is something people ideally shouldn't do, but other than that, I find the negatives to be quite innocuous. As far as drugs go, it's one of the good things about cannabis. You smoke, and at worst you experience a bit of mind-fog the next day. It's not particularity unpleasant, but neither is it particularly desirable. I don't find it negatively effects my intelligence, but I do become less observant or aware of external reality. Though one can also dispel this effect, to some degree... it mostly just hinges on willpower, in my experience.

As far as benefits go, beyond just the creativity, I would definitely say it makes me more insightful. It tends to make me less perceptive of my surroundings, but my internal thoughts become very focused. My Ni will lead me along a path of realizations and tangents and associations, and it tends to be more direct than my normal way of thinking. I follow thoughts more throughly to their conclusion, my thoughts hold my attention in a much fuller way, and I'm able to examine them in a somewhat different way from the norm. Though the associations and creativity aren't always super insightful, I think this mostly has to do with the person doing the thinking, than specifically the drug's effect on thinking.

I find it increases my focus on my thoughts to a very significant degree, it can aid in visualization and imagination, and it often illuminates some associations or memories that are sort of on the fringe of my mind. I've had many "aha!" moments when high, where I discovered some awesome new cornerstone in the plot of some story I'm writing, or something... and it just totally came out of left field, and I didn't even know I had it in me. And I generally always value these insights just as much when sober, so I generally find them to be credible.

Sorry, I sound like I'm advocating drug use. I just find it works for me, to some degree. It's not like I'd be lost without it, but it's certainly an extra supplemental something that can add to the magic of life. And I'm also able to fit it quite nicely into my creative pursuits.

I read an article somewhere that said cannabis helps people become more in-tune with their naturally held values, and other aspects of their life-goals or personality. Unfortunately, I cant find the article now, and perhaps it exaggerates this effect a bit, to convey it's point (perhaps due to society's view of the use of weed...) but in my experience, I find there to be some truth to this. Weed does tend to make me more in touch with my inner self and my values, though it's not overpowering, and it is somewhat subtle.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    And decreases T functions.
    it seems like it decreases all judging functions.