• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT-NT relationships, and NT women

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
I have had my share of relationships, but I have never had one with an NT. I know as an NT male I attempt to make it obvious when I am interested in a girl, and in general most girls with which I have been involved have let me know of their interest in me; however, I am unsure (given the cool nature of the NT) of how an NT woman would act if interested. Granted, I can't really recall ever having met an NT woman, so I couldn't really say whether they'd be much different.

Anybody with experience with NT-NT relationships and/or NT women?

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I generally act the same as when I'm not interested, except I yawn less. Acting interested is key for smooth social interaction!

Ulaes

loopy
MBTI Type
crak
Enneagram
sax
if i want to go on a date with someone i ask them out on a date. i don't play games.
nerves and shyness may hold me back for a while but not forever.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I have had my share of relationships, but I have never had one with an NT. I know as an NT male I attempt to make it obvious when I am interested in a girl, and in general most girls with which I have been involved have let me know of their interest in me; however, I am unsure (given the cool nature of the NT) of how an NT woman would act if interested. Granted, I can't really recall ever having met an NT woman, so I couldn't really say whether they'd be much different.

I was friends with an INTP and treated him like everyone else. Then after one silly conversation, I got a weird stomachache. I got the same pain after we communicated the next day, as well. So I wrote an email to him saying that I had weird feelings for him but couldn't figure them out, and that he could back away from friendship if he couldn't handle it. He then wrote me back that he had interest as well and then presented the logistics of several scenarios based on interest level. I chose a level and then we negotiated the terms for the present and future - we hammered everything out and then agreed that we were a committed couple now and made a schedule of advancement (he would move in on this date, we would meet parents on that date, etc...) Then we called each other to wish each other congratulations. It was all very romantic.

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I just go after whatever I want. Makes most sense to me. What do I have to lose? And unless you make it clear you're not interested in a relationship, I probably won't give up. In dating and romance, I'm typically the aggressor. I don't see a point in any prolonged flirting/mating dance. If you keep that up, I probably will lose interest or think you're only playing games, which is a waste of my time.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was friends with an INTP and treated him like everyone else. Then after one silly conversation, I got a weird stomachache. I got the same pain after we communicated the next day, as well. So I wrote an email to him saying that I had weird feelings for him but couldn't figure them out, and that he could back away from friendship if he couldn't handle it. He then wrote me back that he had interest as well and then presented the logistics of several scenarios based on interest level. I chose a level and then we negotiated the terms for the present and future - we hammered everything out and then agreed that we were a committed couple now and made a schedule of advancement (he would move in on this date, we would meet parents on that date, etc...) Then we called each other to wish each other congratulations. It was all very romantic.

Jeno, we deeply truly madly love you for a few (or more) reasons, and this is one of them

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Jeno, we deeply truly madly love you for a few (or more) reasons, and this is one of them

Awww, :hug:

I've missed you! Glad to see you're still around.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I just go after whatever I want. Makes most sense to me. What do I have to lose? And unless you make it clear you're not interested in a relationship, I probably won't give up. In dating and romance, I'm typically the aggressor. I don't see a point in any prolonged flirting/mating dance. If you keep that up, I probably will lose interest or think you're only playing games, which is a waste of my time.

Basically, this.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I used to think it was a manifestation of Jness but I think its more Eness (NT taken for granted)

I think so, too. I hate being in suspense or not knowing something, so I have this incredible need to just rip the band aid off and expose whatever is underneath. My INTP would have held a flame from afar for years and years, just waiting and thinking up scenarios. I think we both have a flair for the dramatic, just on opposite sides of the spectrum.

When we play Carcassonne, he prolongs the game by seeing what he can do - what interesting moves he can make. He builds pathways and villages. He explores shapes and patterns. The game can last for days. I play to collect points and move on. I don't have time for all of that.

proximo

I've had an ENTP/ENTJ relationship and it was bliss. Gay though, so not sure if it'd help in your enquiries :)

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ

When I'm interested in a guy I just tell him. It's really too difficult for me to try to guess what someone is thinking so if I like a guy I will tell him. Occasionally I will get approached by a guy that I never considered dating and that can be strange for them. This is because I'm typically not looking for a relationship so when I meet a guy it is really rare for me to size him up as potential relationship material....

So when a guy asks me out and I haven't thought about dating him before that moment it gets kind of awkward... but if he lasts past my initial shock I will usually be fine with going out on a date but I will be a little distant and cautious until I've decided if I like him or not, but that's just me.. I certainly can't speak for all NT women..

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

omg you are totally kidding right? please tell me that you're kidding

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well i was laughing when i said it...but it just sounds so clinical...it's hilarious. :D

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
well i was laughing when i said it...but it just sounds so clinical...it's hilarious. :D

It's good for the NT because it keeps things clean and simple. Which frees up more time for other interesting things. Less drama, more getting to the point already. But, as a P, I do like some amount of spontaneity.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

haha, I know how it sounds... but really, it was so very romantic. To be able to just say everything you want out of life, your expectations of him, yourself and the relationship, to put it all out there and deal with every single issue drama-free before it comes up... preparing for our future, planning our lives, potential children and their education, and our deaths - figuring out our retirement, investments and well, just everything... It as all very honest and clean and easy, and it satisfied my raging Ne.

I don't know many couples that have our kind of security or can even speak to each other well, much less be completely open about everything.

INTPs are the architects, right? It was important for him to feel like he had some sort of control of the structure of this whole thing and that there was plenty of wiggle room for the both of us. We're both so independent that we couldn't just jumping in blindly with our eyes closed. Love is one thing, but reality is quite another. And for me, the "inventor", this was a relationship that I got to frame the way I wanted from the ground up. Something brand new that no one else had yet. A new model. And that's how we work together. I come up with what I want and in what parameters, then he draws up the detailed plans. Or he'll work out all these bits and pieces and I'll make it into something whole. Totally symbiotic. I love our relationship.

But yeah, I get how the process doesn't sound all unicorns and rainbows, but this is what I want to do to unicorns:

dead_unicorn.jpg

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
ahhh Jens all loved up - how lovely ;)

I don't think I've had a love realtionship with an NT but have a good few friends and siblings NTs.

I'm with Jen even at the begining I like clear boundaries