MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Basically, this.
    I used to think it was a manifestation of Jness but I think its more Eness (NT taken for granted)
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Chi'xer View Post
    I used to think it was a manifestation of Jness but I think its more Eness (NT taken for granted)
    I think so, too. I hate being in suspense or not knowing something, so I have this incredible need to just rip the band aid off and expose whatever is underneath. My INTP would have held a flame from afar for years and years, just waiting and thinking up scenarios. I think we both have a flair for the dramatic, just on opposite sides of the spectrum.

When we play Carcassonne, he prolongs the game by seeing what he can do - what interesting moves he can make. He builds pathways and villages. He explores shapes and patterns. The game can last for days. I play to collect points and move on. I don't have time for all of that.

I've had an ENTP/ENTJ relationship and it was bliss. Gay though, so not sure if it'd help in your enquiries
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    Anybody with experience with NT-NT relationships and/or NT women?
    When I'm interested in a guy I just tell him. It's really too difficult for me to try to guess what someone is thinking so if I like a guy I will tell him. Occasionally I will get approached by a guy that I never considered dating and that can be strange for them. This is because I'm typically not looking for a relationship so when I meet a guy it is really rare for me to size him up as potential relationship material....

So when a guy asks me out and I haven't thought about dating him before that moment it gets kind of awkward... but if he lasts past my initial shock I will usually be fine with going out on a date but I will be a little distant and cautious until I've decided if I like him or not, but that's just me.. I certainly can't speak for all NT women..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I was friends with an INTP and treated him like everyone else. Then after one silly conversation, I got a weird stomachache. I got the same pain after we communicated the next day, as well. So I wrote an email to him saying that I had weird feelings for him but couldn't figure them out, and that he could back away from friendship if he couldn't handle it. He then wrote me back that he had interest as well and then presented the logistics of several scenarios based on interest level. I chose a level and then we negotiated the terms for the present and future - we hammered everything out and then agreed that we were a committed couple now and made a schedule of advancement (he would move in on this date, we would meet parents on that date, etc...) Then we called each other to wish each other congratulations. It was all very romantic.
    omg you are totally kidding right? please tell me that you're kidding
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    omg you are totally kidding right? please tell me that you're kidding
    I dunno, it sounds pretty ideal to me
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well i was laughing when i said it...but it just sounds so clinical...it's hilarious.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

well i was laughing when i said it...but it just sounds so clinical...it's hilarious.
    It's good for the NT because it keeps things clean and simple. Which frees up more time for other interesting things. Less drama, more getting to the point already. But, as a P, I do like some amount of spontaneity.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

haha, I know how it sounds... but really, it was so very romantic. To be able to just say everything you want out of life, your expectations of him, yourself and the relationship, to put it all out there and deal with every single issue drama-free before it comes up... preparing for our future, planning our lives, potential children and their education, and our deaths - figuring out our retirement, investments and well, just everything... It as all very honest and clean and easy, and it satisfied my raging Ne.

I don't know many couples that have our kind of security or can even speak to each other well, much less be completely open about everything.

INTPs are the architects, right? It was important for him to feel like he had some sort of control of the structure of this whole thing and that there was plenty of wiggle room for the both of us. We're both so independent that we couldn't just jumping in blindly with our eyes closed. Love is one thing, but reality is quite another. And for me, the "inventor", this was a relationship that I got to frame the way I wanted from the ground up. Something brand new that no one else had yet. A new model. And that's how we work together. I come up with what I want and in what parameters, then he draws up the detailed plans. Or he'll work out all these bits and pieces and I'll make it into something whole. Totally symbiotic. I love our relationship.

But yeah, I get how the process doesn't sound all unicorns and rainbows, but this is what I want to do to unicorns:

MBTI
    ENTP

ahhh Jens all loved up - how lovely

I don't think I've had a love realtionship with an NT but have a good few friends and siblings NTs.

I'm with Jen even at the begining I like clear boundaries