User Tag List

First 12

ReflecTcelfeR

I understand 'unmotivation' like the back of my hand. If my mind is not occupied it falls into a tremendous slump, in which, I can almost barely remove myself to face the real world aka sitting and staring at a computer screen for hours at a time, usually a blank screen at that. This is a very dangerous thing because if you remove yourself from this world for too long things you forgot about begin adding up and as it goes a mountain of responsibilities build up and then you have a giant hole to dig yourself out of before you even begin moving the mountain in front of you. I think the one thing that we forget as being introverted is the fact that, if you view it a certain way, you can motivate yourself. Yes having someone hold your hand and give you those 'attaboys' is very nice, but this sort of thing builds an unhealthy dependence. I wouldn't really say be patient because things need to be done, but try to view the nagging as the motivation. If you wish to for it to end prove to them that you can take care of it.

MBTI
    SEXY

@ targus28

There seems to be a trend amongst INTPs lately to want to change their lives. I'll give you the same advice I gave Mystic Tater, a method that has helped me in the past.

SMART Goals.

Set goals for yourself that follow these criteria. In business management this method is the most common one to determine and achieve your goals. The advantage of this method is that on top of determining your goals, you also think about how and when you can achieve them.

If you're a horrible procrastinator, like I am, make sure you write your goals down and hang them up somewhere prominent in your room so you run into them a lot. Also make sure your goals are not too big, complex or take too long. Rather than saying "I want to get a job in a month", go for "I want to finish my résumé within the next hour" followed by "I want to hand it out to five possible employers tomorrow" etc. Before you can run, you have to learn how to make babysteps.

Hope this will be useful for you.
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Rabbit View Post
    if ur tired of being u... maybe ur not being u
    This is a good point. Just a suggestion, but, more than "preferences", perhaps the problem is avidance due to lack of confidence, and the solution lies in addressing root insecurities preventing you from using your full potential?
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

Quote Originally Posted by tcda View Post
    This is a good point. Just a suggestion, but, more than "preferences", perhaps the problem is avidance due to lack of confidence, and the solution lies in addressing root insecurities preventing you from using your full potential?
    My Feelings

Its definitely insecurity mixed with other things

I can't see how people just say 'lots of excuses going on hear' That me me is like telling a manic depressive, 'your depression is an excuse to get a job' He cant help but feel how it feels.I do think that of many types, INTPs would benefit A LOT from a personnel mentor, but that's never gonna happen.Or maybe that's just called a family, which i don't have

I dont know if INTPs can relate to this, but when i'm in a certain phrase (which normally lasts weeks or months) I try to think up little ways, life hacks, or ideas that can almost propel me forward (for now).Such as, ill trick my mind into thinking a certain way, to get me to do things i wouldn't otherwise do.For example, ill go searching for a quote on Google or a forum, convinced that there is something I'm not doing or aware of,that will suddenly and completely change my life! Like the other day, i found something on a self help forum saying ' KISS ' Keep it simple stupid! and it made me release that I'm over complicating things, ill take this on board, but it will be temporary, and 2-3 months down the line ill be back to my normal self and not really gone anywhere! Ill like im trying to find shortcuts to trick my mind into thinking differently, and maybe you really cant change that, maybe ive just gotta except that ill only learn to deal with how i am as i get older, but i wont change