expecting me to be into bloke stuff too much
    consitent STUPIDITY!
    not taking personal responcibility
    too large or too small equipment

those are top of mind

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    having to high a tollerance to white noise - ie ignoring conversation
    Can't help that one, sorry

If my brain hadn't taught itself to ignore sounds on the female voice frequency, my head would've exploded by now, as I'm with my 2 daughters 24/7 and they absolutely never shut up! If it's any consolation, it happens with boys' voices too before they've broken - I have to struggle to listen to those, too!
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENTP

prox - presumably it's somethign that increases during teen years on boys due to testosteron surges, but hopeuflly calms a bit in adulthood. 24/7 with girls - harsh

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why are so many people in this thread hell-bent on jamming people into boxes based on coarse generalizations, especially in the sense of suggesting that one gender is "better" or "deeper" than another? It's just more nuanced than that.

I think being trans gives a person SOME experience (and more than the typical person who spends their whole life "in one gender"), especially in regards to the social influences in play upon a person as well as comprehending hormonal influences... but I'm not quite sure that a transperson truly gets the gender they were assigned at birth. They might look like one, but are they really wired that way? The perception is still distorted.
    Of course. I didn't mean to suggest trans people fully experience the qualia of both genders. Otherwise gender dysphoria wouldn't exist. Just that they are exposed to a wider range of pressures / expectations associated with externally imposed gender roles. That's perhaps why you/proximo are more sensitive to nuance. Most only have an "us and them" framework, and usually everything negative gets attributed to "them".

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    If I am in a relationship and I see that same person, I can acknowledge their appeal, but am somehow detached from it, as though it doesn't really apply to me. It's as if the "like" and "want" parts of my brain have become disconnected...?
    I get this totally. That's a good description. Like the circuit gets broken when someone has already 'flicked your switch'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

GirlAmerica

so many times, they stay in a really messed up relationship.....mega minus in hotness points!