User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Phantonym

When I'm concentrating and keeping my mind distracted, I can go on for quite a while without realizing that it's time to eat, I can completely forget about it. But when I become aware of the hunger, I start feeling sick (lightheaded) after a short while if it's been long enough since eating something, so that's a sure indicator. Oh, I can still go on for a long time, if I manage to distract my mind from it again, and get things done (can't guarantee that the quality of the work is all that great, though ).

I can tolerate high levels of pain as well. For me, the trick is not to concentrate on the pain at all, so it doesn't really go away, it sort of subsides but stays at the back of the mind and it doesn't bother me that much.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4/9

I used to wrestle. So dislocated shoulder (pain) + making weight (hungry) = ignorance of pain, but also AAANNGGGEERR RRRAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!

What was bad for me = bad for you which, = good for me

Uhh....RRRRARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

figsfiggyfigs

I just pierced my elbow really hard with a thick metal hook. it was painful.. I think I cried for 30 minutes because I was more grossed out by the sound it made when it snapped off the hook, than the actual pain it self. I almost threw up from how grossed out I was. the day sucked all together.LOL

I broke my foot once. I didn't even think about the pain. I was laughing at how I landed on my ass down the stairs. it was hilarious. xD

I can usually tolerate high levels of pain.

one time I stapled my thumb and nail with an industrial stapler... it went right through my nail and out the other side. I had to pull it out to continue working becuase I was in a rush to get everything done. I held it down , didnt look, and pulled it out, wrapped it up, put pressure on it, and kept working as fast as possible.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

If I'm entrenched in a task that I enjoy that's all I'm thinking about. If I have to accomplish something I don't want or have to do because of necessity then it's mind over matter and I can push through it.

I wouldn't say hunger is painful so I suppose I just eat when I'm hungry. Dunno about that part of the question.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

figsfiggyfigs

sometimes. pain is rather thrilling.

Hunger is totally different; Nothing fucks with me and food!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I tend to just put up with pain, because I don't like to look like a pussy and whine about it... this has ended with actions like running at regionals with a broken metatarsal and working 16 hour shifts on my feet with a broken kneecap... because to complain about it would make me look like a weakling or something

hunger is another matter though... I'll whine and whine if I'm hungry... I like food
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    If I'm entrenched in a task that I enjoy that's all I'm thinking about. If I have to accomplish something I don't want or have to do because of necessity then it's mind over matter and I can push through it.

I wouldn't say hunger is painful so I suppose I just eat when I'm hungry. Dunno about that part of the question.
    i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I tend to just put up with pain, because I don't like to look like a pussy and whine about it... this has ended with actions like running at regionals with a broken metatarsal and working 16 hour shifts on my feet with a broken kneecap... because to complain about it would make me look like a weakling or something
    haha, it is the same for me.
    when i crushed my finger in a machine press i just clocked-out from work and drove myself to the hospital without telling anyone, haha. the hospital amputated the finger.

i hate the attention when you are injured. i love attention a lot of times, but attention for being hurt kills me, it is so annoying and INFURIATING.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

I am extremely sensitive to both hunger and pain 99% of the time. It is only 1% of the time when I am ultra focused and in the zone that I flip to the exact opposite extreme and I reach this semi-conscious state where I am pretty much in my mind and my senses are hundreds of miles away, but since I am normally so hypersensitive, I will be very weak after this zone if I don't remind myself to eat/take pain meds throughout this state. I used to be able to enter this state about 10% of the time, but have been weakened to about .5% in the past few years. It is all pretty frustrating.

ReflecTcelfeR

Hunger wasn't the best choice I suppose. I just couldn't think of a specific (universal) example of pain that would work, thus the hunger. I mainly was looking for if, even if you noticed the hunger/pain, if your concentration on something was great enough to forget the hunger/pain was there. It wouldn't go away persay, but just vanish until you were relaxed again. Food, is very delicious .

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I like to eat when I'm hungry. It doesn't take me long to notice and not eating males me grumpy. Going without food takes an act of will.
    Yeah I get sooooooooooo grumpy when I haven't eaten. Actually that is one of the main reasons I get in bad moods - delay of food/meals. Then everything seems HORRIBLE. I eat an apple or some peanuts or something and then things could still be bad, but I feel like I can at least face them.
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.