• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT's What are you [airquote] feeling [/airquote]at this moment??

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Hungry, content, aesthetically on, extraordinary, aware of the fact that I'm procrastinating.

F

figsfiggyfigs

Pain.. lots and lots of physical pain.

I'm such a fucking klutz

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I feel ignorant.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Betrayed, disgusted, angry.

Split with

aroused, in pain, discomfort

sprinkled with a little pleasure (I'm listening to music :headphne:)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel poopy.
I'm becoming either perfectionistic or I'm just extremely unsatisfied about how my life is turning out for legitimate reasons. :dry:

proximo

...I'm just extremely unsatisfied about how my life is turning out for legitimate reasons. :dry:

Yeah... does it ever irritate you when you find that you're not ever allowed to be unhappy with anything these days without it being construed as YOUR FAULT for not having the right "positive attitude"?

I get sick of people telling me, anytime I say I can't do something or something's difficult, that I just need to "be positive" and "believe" and that sort of stuff. They don't even take the trouble to find out if there really are external factors beyond your control that limit your choices and actions, therefore creating a feeling of perfectly human, legitimate and healthy frustration/anger etc.

I'm currently feeling angry because a person's recently done that to me.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Hungry. This seems to be a common reoccurence. Almost as if my body needs th-this food to survive! I shall eat my computer and gain it's knowledge. That's how it works, right? I suppose you could add silly to that list.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah... does it ever irritate you when you find that you're not ever allowed to be unhappy with anything these days without it being construed as YOUR FAULT for not having the right "positive attitude"?

I get sick of people telling me, anytime I say I can't do something or something's difficult, that I just need to "be positive" and "believe" and that sort of stuff. They don't even take the trouble to find out if there really are external factors beyond your control that limit your choices and actions, therefore creating a feeling of perfectly human, legitimate and healthy frustration/anger etc.

I'm currently feeling angry because a person's recently done that to me.

OH MY GOD YES!

I never heard the end of it when I was in college (aka shittiest year of my life so far). I would try everything to make it better, join clubs, volunteer, get a job, exercise etc. and I would have a positive approach to it, but my roommate and my friends (all of them were F's apparently) would just tell me that I just need to enjoy where I'm at and I'm not going to be happy anywhere if you just accept where you are and be happy about it. I used to get SO upset when they told me this, for one, they didn't even know what I was going through and how much shit the school was actually giving me at the time, and secondly they were so hypocritical about it, they were allowed to complain about their shitty day to me, but anytime I would just sigh they'd tell me 'I'M SO NEGATIVE' and whatnot.

I do believe that your attitude plays a part in your own contentedness, but you also have to put effort into being happy, it runs both ways. I've tried doing both, and even then it ended up being a failure.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I think in attempts to become a responsible people we have created the fear that everyone is a failure because of themselves, which just isn't true (completely, or all the time). We consider ourselves so perfect that anyone less than this is a failure. One unhealthy view to another. We can only affect so many circumstances, if we try to control too many we inevitably fail, as well when this occurs we would surely be called disrespectful.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

In order to not derail this thread. I feel contemplative yet again.

proximo

I do believe that your attitude plays a part in your own contentedness, but you also have to put effort into being happy, it runs both ways. I've tried doing both, and even then it ended up being a failure.

Well, sometimes - often - there are BIG things that you can't simply sidestep with a bit of positive thinking. For example, I'm out of the job market. Why? Because I have an autistic kid that needs 24 hour care. Sure, I can look at it positively and say "here's an opportunity for personal development, learning, patience, character building, and it's rewarding as I love my kid and it's good to do what's right by her". But that doesn't instantly magic away all those parts of my personality that are NOT happy spending the foreseeable future at home the majority of the time, with no discernible life of my own.

Sometimes there are things that really SUCK, that you CANNOT do anything about. Sometimes, big, bureaucratic government departments can destroy someone's life in the time it takes to print a letter saying "appeal unsuccessful", and you're just too small to have any influence over the matter. And you just have to suck it up. Reserving the right to, every once in a while, sigh when it gets on top of you a bit, is perfectly human IMO.

I feel FURIOUS at these self-appointed amateur psychologists who think that just cos they've read a couple of issues of Psychiatric Times or a few articles in Cosmo, they're equipped to give all-encompassing advice on changing their worldview, to vulnerable people (especially strangers!) at difficult times in their lives.

T

ThatGirl

Hyper alert, irritated, and exhausted at the same time.

Though generally quiet.

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Unwell, sorry for myself, miserable with a virus and bored but too scattered with the virus to think :(

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think in attempts to become a responsible people we have created the fear that everyone is a failure because of themselves, which just isn't true (completely, or all the time). We consider ourselves so perfect that anyone less than this is a failure. One unhealthy view to another. We can only affect so many circumstances, if we try to control too many we inevitably fail, as well when this occurs we would surely be called disrespectful.

I think people tell other people that their failures are their own doing because it allows them to conversely attribute any success to themselves as well.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think people tell other people that their failures are their own doing because it allows them to conversely attribute any success to themselves as well.
And that's a good thing.
Parts of success and failure is due to luck, part of it is due to others, and part of it is due to yourself. It is unfair to attribute failure to bad luck and/or others and success to yourself.

Right now, I'm feeling calm and rested. I'm in a good, positive mood, despite the exams waiting to be composed.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I feel utterly horrible. I bet I'm going to sleep for a couple days :p

proximo

I feel utterly horrible. I bet I'm going to sleep for a couple days :p

I feel utterly horrible because I have hardly slept. For the last three weeks I've got by on about 4 hours per night.