User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 76

  1. #51
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    They would say that the shadow functions are more subconscious? I'm getting convinced that I'm pretty INTJ. Though if we do believe that we can use the shadow functions, then I would say that I can use my Ti well and my Te, but I use Ne or more than Ni, which would also lead me being able to be NFP, which is plausible. Both Intp and Intj describe me well. I would say I'm more P just because I don't always concentrate on applying the knowledge that I gain.

  2. #52
    ReflecTcelfeR
    Guest

    Default

    I'll be back on later, to talk about this some more.

  3. #53
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    People think I am a P a lot because they do not tend to see into my level of organization. I thought I was a P because I misunderstood the principals.

    Now I think I am just a freakishly intelligent J, so that makes me look like a random P.


    The creator of this thread asked about organization of the external world. Well this is exactly what made me confuse J with P. I thought J was like, "You should and will do A, B, C. Grrrrr or I am angry J!"

    That isn't the case, half the time I could care less about what anyone does so long as it doesn't effect me. I am not the type to organize large groups of lemmings to do my bidding. That is inefficient for my purposes. I could do it myself in half the time and move on to the next thing with out worrying about liability. This doesn't mean I am not great at it when put in charge of a situation.

    So here is what made me think I was Ne vs Te/Ni.

    I tend to (even when off in my own little world) be aware of the dynamics that surround me. It is like my mind is connected to my world in string theory. I am always aware of how things are moving. Even if I am not paying attention to the concrete details, I am subconsciously processing the dynamic. This makes me hyper sensitive to things that get thrown off. A step out of place or a kink in the system. When that alarm is triggered in my mind, I can very quickly take action to fix it before most people even notice.

    It is sort of like an infection, the sooner it is diagnosed the better. You quickly fix a lesser problem, than the one you would have been left with had it gone unseen and evolved into something greater. Very efficient, little problem, little effort, barely noticeable dynamic. Though essentially I always maintain a hand in the way things will play out, meaning I have a better understanding of the situation.

    Now I originally thought this was Ne, because most people didn't recognize where I was getting my information. I appeared random at times, and this can lead to slightly idiosyncratic behavior, and a priority based level of chill. Like what most people would think is a big deal I would not.

    Then I hung out with Ne people. Those are some crazy mother fuckers. Ne reminds me of in the movies where someone steps off a cliff right as a platform lands under their foot. Next step, new platform forms. They tend to live on the edge, jumping off segments of dynamics and landing on others.

    Yeah totally not me.

    Not sure if that made any sense in the P vs J explanation for you, but that is my understanding.

  4. #54
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    They would say that the shadow functions are more subconscious? I'm getting convinced that I'm pretty INTJ. Though if we do believe that we can use the shadow functions, then I would say that I can use my Ti well and my Te, but I use Ne or more than Ni, which would also lead me being able to be NFP, which is plausible. Both Intp and Intj describe me well. I would say I'm more P just because I don't always concentrate on applying the knowledge that I gain.
    This is why you need to gain a better grasp of the functions, cuz, whatever the case may be with your ability to use shadow functions, you almost certainly will have one or two functions (depending on your balance of introversion and extroversion) that's more dominant than the others.

    The more introverted you are, the more you will be using your dominant function (Ni -- if you're an INTJ) relative to your auxiliary function (Te -- once again, if you're an INTJ).

    This could explain why you haven't been applying what you learn to accomplish real world goals (a trait commonly ascribed to Te).

  5. #55
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    TG, you frankly seem Ne/Te to me, rather than Ni/Te, what you described sounds a lot like my own intuitive grasp of what works and what doesn't, and how to fix it; which stands in sharp contrast to Ne/Ti's insane random quirkiness. Are you likely to think in a strategic manner, have profound AH HA! moments, or see into the future?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  6. #56
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so
    Posts
    8,161

    Default

    In particular, the most important thing is to figure out what your dominant function is.

    One INTJ on here, who's an extremely introverted INTJ who's dominant function usage is extremely dominant (his name is Kalach), has, channeling Jung, described the dominant function as being like a leather mask.

    No matter what, it is always there, tightly wrapped around everything you see and do.

    If you can figure out your dominant function, then you'll have narrowed your possible type down to just two out of the sixteen types.

  7. #57
    ThatGirl
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    TG, you frankly seem Ne/Te to me, rather than Ni/Te, what you described sounds a lot like my own intuitive grasp of what works and what doesn't, and how to fix it; which stands in sharp contrast to Ne/Ti's insane random quirkiness. Are you likely to think in a strategic manner, have profound AH HA! moments, or see into the future?
    To answer the question, I think that is exactly what I have just described. Why would you want to fix a small dynamic if you did not see how that would eventually evolve?

    I have more "Ah Ha!" moments than I would prefer. Sometimes I would just like to be left in the dark, but since I cannot ignore information once it is present, I tend to be like, "Oh yeah.....another epiphany...." Another aspect to be responsible in factoring.

    As far as strategic thinking, nothing I do is without its reason, there is always a specific goal in mind. This dates as far back as I can remember. I am a big preacher of cause and effect. Not sure if that is what you are referencing.

    This is also the dynamic of my personality that causes people to not trust me. When they see that you continuously make subtle gestures and create situations where you have attained a desirable (if not ideal) outcome for yourself, if they cannot grasp my intention or motivation, they become wary of my ability. Even more so if you make it look effortless.

    For that I have spent a better portion of my life trying to develop SOME sort of Fe, to disarm paranoia, and be seen as a "genuine" and trustworthy person. Making my intentions clear and direct, and trying to explain as much I can about what it is I am doing. Or not even bothering to try in order to avoid the friction that comes from the observer.

    Example, at work (when working for a salon), I need to get the ideal schedule (no one gets to pick their schedule). So I come up with plans of what mine vs the companies would be. I make sure to create an incentive for them if they agree, work hard showing I am valuable to the company. Then lay out a argument as to what this schedule means to me and how it essentially benefits them in the long run, and is win/win for everyone. Argument makes sense, company agrees. Other coworkers are like, "Well, shit we can ask for specific schedules?" They ask, they are told no. Then they start with the, "But that isn't fair, TG got to." Suddenly I am the most hated and distrusted amongst my peers. Coworkers see it as favoritism, company cracks down on me to make a point that they have not favored me in anyway by becoming more strict to ANYTHING I present.

    Thing is they could have been awarded the same opportunity if they had presented in the same manner I did. Taking care of strategy, dynamics, incentive, and logic, rather than simply asking to get their way.

    I think this is overall where my functions are currently skewed in observation.

  8. #58
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Is he wrong?
    Aside from the fact that Jung never defined a Judger or a Perceiver?
    Myers is the one who added on the J/P to Jung's typology.

    So for Aleksei to state: "Judging as defined by Jung's typology . . . "
    Yes, that particular comment he made was wrong.

  9. #59
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    To answer the question, I think that is exactly what I have just described. Why would you want to fix a small dynamic if you did not see how that would eventually evolve?

    I have more "Ah Ha!" moments than I would prefer. Sometimes I would just like to be left in the dark, but since I cannot ignore information once it is present, I tend to be like, "Oh yeah.....another epiphany...." Another aspect to be responsible in factoring.

    As far as strategic thinking, nothing I do is without its reason, there is always a specific goal in mind. This dates as far back as I can remember. I am a big preacher of cause and effect. Not sure if that is what you are referencing.

    This is also the dynamic of my personality that causes people to not trust me. When they see that you continuously make subtle gestures and create situations where you have attained a desirable (if not ideal) outcome for yourself, if they cannot grasp my intention or motivation, they become wary of my ability. Even more so if you make it look effortless.

    For that I have spent a better portion of my life trying to develop SOME sort of Fe, to disarm paranoia, and be seen as a "genuine" and trustworthy person. Making my intentions clear and direct, and trying to explain as much I can about what it is I am doing. Or not even bothering to try in order to avoid the friction that comes from the observer.

    Example, at work (when working for a salon), I need to get the ideal schedule (no one gets to pick their schedule). So I come up with plans of what mine vs the companies would be. I make sure to create an incentive for them if they agree, work hard showing I am valuable to the company. Then lay out a argument as to what this schedule means to me and how it essentially benefits them in the long run, and is win/win for everyone. Argument makes sense, company agrees. Other coworkers are like, "Well, shit we can ask for specific schedules?" They ask, they are told no. Then they start with the, "But that isn't fair, TG got to." Suddenly I am the most hated and distrusted amongst my peers. Coworkers see it as favoritism, company cracks down on me to make a point that they have not favored me in anyway by becoming more strict to ANYTHING I present.

    Thing is they could have been awarded the same opportunity if they had presented in the same manner I did. Taking care of strategy, dynamics, incentive, and logic, rather than simply asking to get their way.

    I think this is overall where my functions are currently skewed in observation.
    That sounds ENTJ, yeah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  10. #60
    Sugar Hiccup OrangeAppled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni
    Posts
    7,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    just learn how different functions work and how you use them, but you also need to learn how to tell apart for example Ni+Fe working together from Fi.
    It would be interesting to have at thread on that, if NTPs could be kept out of it .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

    INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Similar Threads

  1. What is the proper balance between mental and physical discipline?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 01:28 AM
  2. [ENFJ] What is the difference between ENTJ and ENFJ?
    By yenom in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 07:24 PM
  3. What's the difference between ESTP and ESFP
    By curiouscat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-04-2008, 01:17 AM
  4. What's the difference between meritocracy and technocracy?
    By Ezra in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2008, 07:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO