• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] What does an unhealthy ENTP look like (if there's even such a thing)?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Unealty ENTPs dont find tis to be ood music + unealty entps ave keyboards tat are not broken !

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdA_AlF3-dM&feature=related"].[/YOUTUBE]

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Fuck Si.

All I have to say :p

Uh?

Developing Si is key to my sanity. I used to have a hard time remembering what someone said five minutes ago, and I hated getting involved in physical activities. Exercising/playing basketball, reading, and most importantly, setting my own self identity (I've had some rough issues with who I am in the past) are all things I'll rely on if I'm stressed.

Take yesterday for exampre: I nearly got into a traffic accident because of my stupidity and lack of attention to everything around me. I came home feeling a little defeated mentally then started shooting hoops. After about a half hour, I'd swished a good ten in a row, which had me in a great mood to start on creative projects, and since my mind had a rest for a while, my Ne was on full blast. The ideas were endless.

I'd like to hear your less-positive review of it. :yes:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
R

Riva

What does an unhealthy ENTP look like (if there's even such a thing)? What does an unhealthy ENTP look like (if there's even such a thing)?
Oh, there are quite a lot of unhealthy entps.

An unhealthy entp would have weak Fe. They would simply have it on and off. this is quite dangerous. This implies that they would use it when they want something. Not when it matters. Now that is quite unhealthy. Fe could be easily used to manipulate people.

Solitary Walker made some good points regarding how unhealthy ENTPs would use Fe. I'll post it here.

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
Eminem's alter ego - Slim Shady, and The Joker from The Dark Knight.

R

Riva

yet if unbalanced the ENTP will likely plow forward with their crude value judgments expecting to receive benign results
This.

Eminem's alter ego - Slim Shady, and The Joker from The Dark Knight.

The Joker a is a Psychopath, so it's quite hard to use him as an example to depict unhealthy ENTPs. He is a homicidal psychopath.

And slim shady sucks. He also is only a critique. How could that be used depict unhealthy ENTPs?

kevrawlings

MBTI Type
ISTP
The Joker is an ENTP - hands down. If you don't see the downward spiral into psychopathy as "unhealthy", than I really can't help you here.

Also, I didn't ask your opinion on Slim Shady. I was simply stating a fact - he's a pop culture character that is ENTP - and very unhealthy.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
The Joker a is a Psychopath, so it's quite hard to use him as an example to depict unhealthy ENTPs. He is a homicidal psychopath.

Pyschopath = unhealthy
Joker = ENTP
Joker = psychopath

Thus, Joker = unhealthy ENTP

You can be both.

His psychopathy is fueled by Ne's curiosity to press as many buttons as he can, and his curiosity just happens to involve social dynamics, so he uses people for certain immoral experiments with complete disregard for ethics.

R

Riva

The Joker is an ENTP - hands down. If you don't see the downward spiral into psychopathy as "unhealthy", than I really can't help you here.

Psychopathy is a birth defect it seems. That is what I was trying to imply. I believe more points should be made on people who does not have birth defects but are unhealthy.

Also, I didn't ask your opinion on Slim Shady. I was simply stating a fact - he's a pop culture character that is ENTP - and very unhealthy.

I was simply stating the fact that the guy is a critique. He is not unhealthy. He simply makes lyrics that some people could identify with.

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, there are quite a lot of unhealthy entps.
An unhealthy entp would have weak Fe. They would simply have it on and off. this is quite dangerous. This implies that they would use it when they want something. Not when it matters. Now that is quite unhealthy. Fe could be easily used to manipulate people.
Solitary Walker made some good points regarding how unhealthy ENTPs would use Fe. I'll post it here.

So there seems to be two causes of unhealthyness. We were discussing the Ne+Fe one... ideas validated by praise.
Lacking Fe? I don't know how that would look... the socially inept, enthousiastic inventor constantly showing ideas, never mind praise or criticism?

The narcistic co-worker didn't lack Ti, actually... his ideas (the theoretical ones) were all logical and mostly brilliant.

Last edited:
R

Riva

So there seems to be two causes of unhealthyness. We were discussing the Ne+Fe one... ideas validated by praise.
Lacking Fe? I don't know how that would look... the socially inept, enthousiastic inventor constantly showing ideas, never mind praise or criticism?.

Oh no, I meant ENTPs using Fe to get what they want and switching it off when if comes to feelings of others. :)

Off topic posts moved to off topic thread.

Aha! Is this not your 1st official act? Congrats. :workout:

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh no, I meant ENTPs using Fe to get what they want and switching it off when if comes to feelings of others. :)

Ah, I saw a lot of that in a fellow ENTP. I believe we could've been friends, but we both had serious trust issues, which could also be another unhealthy trait, mayhaps?

R

Riva

Ah, I saw a lot of that in a fellow ENTP. I believe we could've been friends, but we both had serious trust issues, which could also be another unhealthy trait, mayhaps?

ENTPs don't usually have a best friends list do they? It's not that they cannot trust people it is that they have few outside needs. Though they do need external validation it is highly unlikely they have serious bonding needs.

Friendly they are. Not so close emotionally. This might confuse peope who wants to be closer to them. :)

But as they mature (and with age) they would learn how to bond and would actually develop a need.

I could be wrong.

R

Riva

^ which means they are tapping in to their tertiary Fe and quaternary Si.

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ENTPs don't usually have a best friends list do they? It's not that they cannot trust people it is that they have few outside needs. Though they do need external validation it is highly unlikely they have serious bonding needs.

Friendly they are. Not so close emotionally. This might confuse peope who wants to be closer to them. :)

But as they mature (and with age) they would learn how to bond and would actually develop a need.

I could be wrong.
I don't think any P would have a list of that, or of much for that matter. :huh:

Personally, I like having friends that I could trust. If I can fully trust a friend then I would consider them as to what people would call a 'best friend'.

Maybe ENTPs, like you said, who have matured or just have a highly developed Fe would be better at trusting people...but maybe not.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
I don't think any P would have a list of that, or of much for that matter. :huh:

Personally, I like having friends that I could trust. If I can fully trust a friend then I would consider them as to what people would call a 'best friend'.

Maybe ENTPs, like you said, who have matured or just have a highly developed Fe would be better at trusting people...but maybe not.

It's taken me years to trust people, but as stated, there's not really much for "close" friends. Most are acquaintances at best, and often I've found "close" friends tend to drift away pretty easily as a natural occurrence.

While I have a 'need' to talk to people sometimes about close matters, earning the trust for such is a monotonously slow process and there's often been times where I really didn't have anyone to talk to when needed.

About the only friends "list" I have would be in games or chat programs which automatically keep a list. In these, I've found I often forget who half the people are, and the other half are generally not people I talk to anymore. I don't even keep track or really socialize with anyone in class at school either.

As such, most people will likely find it very difficult to "make friends" with an entp as a close relationship instead of just 'someone they know'.