User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Riva

The Joker is an ENTP - hands down. If you don't see the downward spiral into psychopathy as "unhealthy", than I really can't help you here.
    Psychopathy is a birth defect it seems. That is what I was trying to imply. I believe more points should be made on people who does not have birth defects but are unhealthy.

Also, I didn't ask your opinion on Slim Shady. I was simply stating a fact - he's a pop culture character that is ENTP - and very unhealthy.
    I was simply stating the fact that the guy is a critique. He is not unhealthy. He simply makes lyrics that some people could identify with.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Off topic posts moved to off topic thread.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Oh, there are quite a lot of unhealthy entps.
    An unhealthy entp would have weak Fe. They would simply have it on and off. this is quite dangerous. This implies that they would use it when they want something. Not when it matters. Now that is quite unhealthy. Fe could be easily used to manipulate people.
    Solitary Walker made some good points regarding how unhealthy ENTPs would use Fe. I'll post it here.
    So there seems to be two causes of unhealthyness. We were discussing the Ne+Fe one... ideas validated by praise.
    Lacking Fe? I don't know how that would look... the socially inept, enthousiastic inventor constantly showing ideas, never mind praise or criticism?

The narcistic co-worker didn't lack Ti, actually... his ideas (the theoretical ones) were all logical and mostly brilliant.
    Last edited by Tamske; 06-05-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Because Nf is not a function.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    So there seems to be two causes of unhealthyness. We were discussing the Ne+Fe one... ideas validated by praise.
    Lacking Fe? I don't know how that would look... the socially inept, enthousiastic inventor constantly showing ideas, never mind praise or criticism?.
    Oh no, I meant ENTPs using Fe to get what they want and switching it off when if comes to feelings of others.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Off topic posts moved to off topic thread.
    Aha! Is this not your 1st official act? Congrats. :workout:

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Oh no, I meant ENTPs using Fe to get what they want and switching it off when if comes to feelings of others.
    Ah, I saw a lot of that in a fellow ENTP. I believe we could've been friends, but we both had serious trust issues, which could also be another unhealthy trait, mayhaps?

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    Ah, I saw a lot of that in a fellow ENTP. I believe we could've been friends, but we both had serious trust issues, which could also be another unhealthy trait, mayhaps?
    ENTPs don't usually have a best friends list do they? It's not that they cannot trust people it is that they have few outside needs. Though they do need external validation it is highly unlikely they have serious bonding needs.

Friendly they are. Not so close emotionally. This might confuse peope who wants to be closer to them.

But as they mature (and with age) they would learn how to bond and would actually develop a need.

I could be wrong.

Riva

^ which means they are tapping in to their tertiary Fe and quaternary Si.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

ENTPs don't usually have a best friends list do they? It's not that they cannot trust people it is that they have few outside needs. Though they do need external validation it is highly unlikely they have serious bonding needs.

Friendly they are. Not so close emotionally. This might confuse peope who wants to be closer to them.

But as they mature (and with age) they would learn how to bond and would actually develop a need.

I could be wrong.
    I don't think any P would have a list of that, or of much for that matter.

Personally, I like having friends that I could trust. If I can fully trust a friend then I would consider them as to what people would call a 'best friend'.

Maybe ENTPs, like you said, who have matured or just have a highly developed Fe would be better at trusting people...but maybe not.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    I don't think any P would have a list of that, or of much for that matter.

Personally, I like having friends that I could trust. If I can fully trust a friend then I would consider them as to what people would call a 'best friend'.

Maybe ENTPs, like you said, who have matured or just have a highly developed Fe would be better at trusting people...but maybe not.
    It's taken me years to trust people, but as stated, there's not really much for "close" friends. Most are acquaintances at best, and often I've found "close" friends tend to drift away pretty easily as a natural occurrence.

While I have a 'need' to talk to people sometimes about close matters, earning the trust for such is a monotonously slow process and there's often been times where I really didn't have anyone to talk to when needed.

About the only friends "list" I have would be in games or chat programs which automatically keep a list. In these, I've found I often forget who half the people are, and the other half are generally not people I talk to anymore. I don't even keep track or really socialize with anyone in class at school either.

As such, most people will likely find it very difficult to "make friends" with an entp as a close relationship instead of just 'someone they know'.

MBTI
    ENTp

david icke the conspirologist is an unhealthy entp perhaps YouTube - the freedom road david icke 1 part 2

but atleast he has a fanclub
    Type 8 sx/sp/so
    O:C:E:A:N :: 65:69:59:57:9