• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Fellow NT's - Are you cold?

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
There's just 2 totally different paradigms here. F's and T's see the world very differently. One thinks they are being disrespected while the other knows in their heart that the intentions were true and good. And vice versa. It goes both ways.

It doesn't mean one type is right in their view and the other is wrong. Just two totally different ways of making decisions and processing things.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
If she is a misanthrope she is talking to the wrong person, total humanist and I will manipulate if I have to!

What was that about respecting other people?

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
There's just 2 totally different paradigms here. F's and T's see the world very differently. One thinks they are being disrespected while the other knows in their heart that the intentions were true and good. And vice versa. It goes both ways.

It doesn't mean one type is right in their view and the other is wrong. Just two totally different ways of making decisions and processing things.

True, but on the other hand I would say Fs are probably better to listen to when it comes to interpersonal relating to people, Ts tend to be better at excelling and strategy stuff that kind of loses the human element.

I think Fs need to listen to Ts and take a page from their book when it comes to dealing with reality

I think Ts need to listen to Fs and take a page from their book when it comes to dealing with people.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Reality... doesn't really act. It just explains consequences.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ

When I see a misanthrope I see someone in serious emotional pain. That makes me want to help, NFJ and all. But dont think its me being arrogant, I help people push their cars out of snow banks, I cut my old neighbors lawn for free when I do mine, I befriend people with little to no friends, its just the way I get down.

proximo

No you don't understand, Blair. They respect us BY manipulating us. It's for our own good. They're allowed to ignore core principles and values when they're teaching someone a lesson. Duh.

:SaiyanSmilie_anim:

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Reality... doesn't really act. It just explains consequences.

Oh thats right, it was life that kills and maims, which is why we all teach each other stuff to get by without being... ya know.. killed or maimed.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I for one can't learn if I'm not being manipulated somehow.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Reality only bites back as hard as necessary. If you fail an important test, reality will teach you to study more. If you kill someone, the reality would probably be equal to that. Reality doesn't have feelings. Unless you consider the rules that society has made being reality... then yes it does feel.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
No you don't understand, Blair. They respect us BY manipulating us. It's for our own good. They're allowed to ignore core principles and values when they're teaching someone a lesson. Duh.

Whos core principals? Screw privacy, if I love someone enough to manipulate them you better believe that some thin veneer of social privacy is not going to stop me from trying to push them along a different path that I believe would help them along.

Do you have children at all? Did you have parents? This is how we teach people certain things.

tcda

psicobolche
MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I think Fs need to listen to Ts and take a page from their book when it comes to dealing with reality

I think Ts need to listen to Fs and take a page from their book when it comes to dealing with people.

Except that 50% of people are T's.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
Reality only bites back as hard as necessary. If you fail an important test, reality will teach you to study more. If you kill someone, the reality would probably be equal to that. Reality doesn't have feelings. Unless you consider the rules that society has made being reality... then yes it does feel.

Reality can be cancer, no one deserves that... or something else, thats the point. We dont always get what we deserve we get what we get, which is why its important for us to prepare for the reality by teaching one and other how to deal with certain aspects of it. I wouldnt send my son down the river in a kayak and say well I never showed him anything about it because I didnt want to push lessons on him, if he breaks his face on a river rock I guess he will just learn to ask for directions next time... yeah no.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I for one can't learn if I'm not being manipulated somehow.

Yeah, that's the silly part from the NT perspective. Talk to us straight. From our viewpoint, there isn't a need to manipulate. Just lay it out there in plain terms and let's work through it. Manipulation is so - what's the word - backhanded? sneaky? Why would I want to trust someone who is ready and willing to manipulate me and play with my emotions?

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't think you are talking about reality. Reality doesn't fight back, reality doesn't give. Reality isn't the cancer. Reality is the explanation of what affects the cancer will have on you. It isn't malicious.

proximo

Whos core principals?

Okay, crazy person alert. Stop Press. Thinks freewill, privacy and other human rights are silly and to be overridden at will for benefit of subject.

Do you have children at all? Did you have parents? This is how we teach people certain things.

The innocent have nothing to hide, and Big Brother knows best, right?

Speak for yourself, plz.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5

I'm just full of those today, it seems!
When I see a misanthrope I see someone in serious emotional pain. That makes me want to help, NFJ and all. But dont think its me being arrogant, I help people push their cars out of snow banks, I cut my old neighbors lawn for free when I do mine, I befriend people with little to no friends, its just the way I get down.
So because you go out of your way to help people, everyone else should too?

That still doesn't explain the 'respecting other people's values' thing.
Whos core principals? Screw privacy, if I love someone enough to manipulate them you better believe that some thin veneer of social privacy is not going to stop me from trying to push them along a different path that I believe would help them along.

Yes, my dad is INFJ and my aunt is ENFP and they're both very unsubtle about it. They make arguments like yours (oh I am such a good person so obviously you should be the same) and it just doesn't convince me, ever. I think it causes more pain for them than for me, because I can't be what they want me to be. As for me, I'm just me... with or without their approval. It bothers me that they can't hear me when I try to explain it, but it's not like I ever expected them to.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

Yeah, that's the silly part from the NT perspective. Talk to us straight. From our viewpoint, there isn't a need to manipulate. Just lay it out there in plain terms and let's work through it. Manipulation is so - what's the word - backhanded? sneaky? Why would I want to trust someone who is ready and willing to manipulate me and play with my emotions?

Exactly. It's easier to deal with a problem directly, however it is true that some don't wish to take this approach because of fear, or some other reason... so another avenue must be taken, perhaps manipulation isn't the best word to use, as it has a pretty bad connotation. I would say perhaps a 'bargaining' approach would be better? Win-win situations and all that. No one has to feel hurt.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Reality can be cancer, no one deserves that... or something else, thats the point. We dont always get what we deserve we get what we get, which is why its important for us to prepare for the reality by teaching one and other how to deal with certain aspects of it. I wouldnt send my son down the river in a kayak and say well I never showed him anything about it because I didnt want to push lessons on him, if he breaks his face on a river rock I guess he will just learn to ask for directions next time... yeah no.

Just show your son how to kayak. Simple. Don't "teach him a lesson" or "take the backdoor approach to making sure he gets it". Just take him out and say in plain terms, "This is how you do it son!" Teach him. But, don't manipulate him.