User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Blairvoyant View Post
    Then he's not going to tell you about it, is he?
    That too.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    That too.
    uhh yeah because I wouldn't notice my son suddenly having new clothes, electronics, and he never asks for money.. uh huh.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I don't know how to handle this except to tell him that this idea isn't very reasonable at all... he would have to make sure he had clientele before he makes such a risky move.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    uhh yeah because I wouldn't notice my son suddenly having new clothes, electronics, and he never asks for money.. uh huh.
    If he's stupid enough to flaunt it like that, he'll be caught soon, and THAT will teach him more than anything you can do with your tedious 'moral lessons'.

I didn't use the money for that crap. If I did, I'd pass it off as stuff borrowed from a friend, or birthday gifts. I'd stash my money in the bank, though most of it was spent as quickly as it was earned on alcohol, more drugs, parties and takeaways. All of which were consumed and recovered from away from my parents' presence, when they thought I was innocently watching DVD's at my friend's house. I was a heavy drug user and dealer from the age of 14 to 19 and as far as my parents knew, I was just "a bit of a wag" and had "the odd toke of a spliff now and again but nothing serious".

I did get in way over my head and was in serious trouble at one point. However, my parents didn't know, and I didn't approach them for help. I assumed they'd just judge me and start trying to "teach me lessons" that by then, reality had already well and truly taught me. My best friend at the time had more libertarian parents though, who, because he didn't feel the need to hide things from them, spotted much earlier that he was going too far with it, and he approached them for help with rehab. I envied him. He got through it all and was ready for uni at 18. I missed that chance, and my life never recovered since.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

ReflecTcelfeR

Reality cannot be defeated!!!!!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    If he's stupid enough to flaunt it like that, he'll be caught soon, and THAT will teach him more than anything you can do with your tedious 'moral lessons'.

I didn't use the money for that crap. If I did, I'd pass it off as stuff borrowed from a friend, or birthday gifts. I'd stash my money in the bank, though most of it was spent as quickly as it was earned on alcohol, more drugs, parties and takeaways. All of which were consumed and recovered from away from my parents' presence, when they thought I was innocently watching DVD's at my friend's house. I was a heavy drug user and dealer from the age of 14 to 19 and as far as my parents knew, I was just "a bit of a wag" and had "the odd toke of a spliff now and again but nothing serious".

I did get in way over my head and was in serious trouble at one point. However, my parents didn't know, and I didn't approach them for help. I assumed they'd just judge me and start trying to "teach me lessons" that by then, reality had already well and truly taught me.

I know someone who went through a very similar situation. It wasn't guilt trips or reverse psychology or anything like that which straightened him out. It was getting slammed to the ground, cuffed, vehicle impounded, and spending some time in the slammer that made him wake up. The cold hard reality snapped him out of it once and for all. We have to learn lessons like this sometimes. They are valuable.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

ReflecTcelfeR

On topic:

In retrospect we need a balance of cool, calculative detachment and a healthy, optimistic outlook on life so as to appear as a wise bear once said "Juuuuusst right."

That was so totally all on topic. It was all proving me right about the relationship (or lack thereof) between cruelty and empathy

ReflecTcelfeR

I'm proud of you!

I'm proud of you!
    Hmph. So you uh... should b... oh.

:whyioughtta: