User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

One thing that's cool about being an INTP is when the manipulation starts, I just "check out". Smile and quietly walk away. Phone off. Basically you are done until you "come back to earth". I just don't play the game at all.

I don't say this arrogantly, I'm just not going to be manipulated. Deal with me straight or don't deal with me at all. I've noticed with certain NF's (whom I love, BTW) that when they think I've been too logical or "too this" or "too that", it starts to become a game. They're going to "teach me something" or they dynamics change in a way that seems like you're in a chess match with the person. For me, as soon as I detect this (which is usually as soon as it's happening), the game is over. Put the chess board back in the closet for a few months - I'm not going there with you.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

ReflecTcelfeR

You use reasoning to decide what emotion to have. This cohesiveness is what I mean. They are by no means the same thing, but are used directly at the same time.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness View Post
    One thing that's cool about being an INTP is when the manipulation starts, I just "check out". Smile and quietly walk away. Phone off. Basically you are done until you "come back to earth". I just don't play the game at all.

I don't say this arrogantly, I'm just not going to be manipulated. Deal with me straight or don't deal with me at all. I've noticed with certain NF's (whom I love, BTW) that when they think I've been too logical or "too this" or "too that", it starts to become a game. They're going to "teach me something" or they dynamics change in a way that seems like you're in a chess match with the person. For me, as soon as I detect this (which is usually as soon as it's happening), the game is over. Put the chess board back in the closet for a few months - I'm not going there with you.
    A very logical way to approach the situation, like a game... a gifted NF manipulator would then take your emotions wherever/whatever they are and set them on fire until you couldnt stand it anymore. And they wouldnt do it by chastising you and lecturing thats a more NT way to do things.
    Ground control to Major Tom

To say nothing of the arrogance and pompous self-righteousness of setting oneself up as a self-appointed pedagogue to decide what others need to learn and how and when they're going to learn it.

Or deciding that YOU are allowed to go against your own values when you see fit, but when others do it, it's deserving of punishment and "lessons". Hypocrisy much?
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    You use reasoning to decide what emotion to have. This cohesiveness is what I mean. They are by no means the same thing, but are used directly at the same time.
    Im not entirely sure it always works that way for everyone. I don't sit around and reason the situation and then feel... usually its the other way around.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    To say nothing of the arrogance and pompous self-righteousness of setting oneself up as a self-appointed pedagogue to decide what others need to learn and how and when they're going to learn it.
    parents, teachers, cops, lol we are all teachers, and we are all students. It doesnt matter who gives the lesson, only that people learn and grow. If I have to use emotional pain on someone to jolt them into understanding something, I dont do it out of malice, I do it because I want them to see what I see because what they're doing it hurting me or someone else and they dont realize it. Like spanking your child, you dont want to do it, you dont do it because you are angry, you do it because you love them enough to hurt them and teach them the right lesson so that they will not be harmed by their actons in the future.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    To say that they are different spectrums doesn't seem right. Our thinking is more cohesive. Logic and feeling are, and will always be, inseparable.
    I agree, I also would like to repeat that the relation of logic/rationality and feeling differs from person to person, largely based on the strength on their functions, for good reason.

I have had times in my life where I threw my rationality out of the window and the results of that weren't very good. Why? Because I don't have a strong cognative function capable of replacing my rationality. So for me, rationality is extremely important in relation to feeling. Through rationality, I am capable of adjusting myself and fitting into society.

A Fe dominant will learn through experience how to wield that Fe even when they are hurt the most and not let it loose control of the situation. Something I would never be able to do.

However, all that said, there is also such a thing as unhealthy use of cognative functions, the ENTJ example is one of them, me throwing rationality out of the window is also a good example. This unhealthy use should never be "rationalized" or deemed appropiate. It often does, the world is far from perfect. But if there's anything we should strive for, is to not allow that to happen.

After all, we're herd animals, not lone hunter-killers. :P

So, an eye for an eye method of teaching someone a lesson, although it may prove to be effective, is not the best method of teaching in my book. We should strive to put ourselves above that and find better, more humane, ways of teaching.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

ReflecTcelfeR

You can't force someone who doesn't want to learn to learn. It should be left at that. They'll soon find that they should've learned, but it's their fault, not yours.

MBTI
    INFJ

We arent herd animals. We are pack animals.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

We're sheep with plastic money. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf