User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh my god... my heart just fluttered with excitement thinking about this...

Originally Posted by Weber AND Ragashree

Don't you see how much easier dating would be for -NTJs if everyone else used lists and point systems too?! They could just meet a prospective applicant for the position of New Partner and check their requirements against the applicant's expectations to ensure maximum future compatibility with the role!
    Embrace the possibilities.

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    Prefer NOT to deal with if possible

1. People who make lists.
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Originally Posted by Weber AND Ragashree

Don't you see how much easier dating would be for -NTJs if everyone else used lists and point systems too?! They could just meet a prospective applicant for the position of New Partner and check their requirements against the applicant's expectations to ensure maximum future compatibility with the role!

That's... quite... bizarre, for the lack of a better word.

Also, it seems quite pretentious to me to make a list of requirements other people have to meet in order to be "good enough" for you (not implying that this is the case here, but that's one way of looking at it - seriously, a "MUST HAVES" list?!).

I personally quite enjoy the process of "getting to know people" (provided I actually found someone I want to get to know better - and this is quite rare, TBH)... You never know what surprises are coming.

Meh, that's just me.

Last edited by copperfish17; 06-02-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Grammarz.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Are you sure this isn't for NTJ women?

I see lists and dealbreakers far less from NTPs.
    Lol....exactly what i was thinking -- for me, everything has to be in context rather than isolation, and potential/momentum is also involved.

i'll post what things i can think of later.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Eh, whatever. It's not so much a list as things you've learned don't work for you.
    Obviously, the right guy would make some of those things listed unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

Must have:
    Intelligent, but not pretentious
    Funny
    Sweet/Thoughtful
    Honest
    Takes decent care of themselves

Prefer Not to Deal with:
    Sports nuts
    People who are extreme in their political views

I Would Do Better With:
    Someone in a creative field
    Someone who acknowledges spirituality, even if it's not the same way I do
    Someone who is a little more outgoing than I am
    Someone who can go with the flow

Dealbreaker:
    Smoker
    Excessive, frat-boy drinker
    Criminal history
    Buttload of kids (A couple is fine)
    Pretentious a-hole
    Doesn't like or respect animals
    Pretentious/self-absorbed
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Lists frighten me.

I mean, I'm too lazy to actually sit down and write one, plus it seems like a narrowing of options which never feels good, no matter how irrational that might be. But beyond that, what excuse would I have if I ever actually met someone who "ticked all the boxes"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post

That's... quite... bizarre, for the lack of a better word.

Also, it seems quite pretentious to me to make a list of requirements other people have to meet in order to be "good enough" for you (not implying that this is the case here, but that's one way of looking at it - seriously, a "MUST HAVES" list?!).

I personally quite enjoy the process of "getting to know people" (provided I actually found someone I want to get to know better - and this is quite rare, TBH)... You never know what surprises are coming.

Meh, that's just me.

You're telling me that you don't have any thoughts that cross your mind about preferences, people or habits that aggravate you, types of behaviours that you experienced in the past that were detrimental to a relationship... nothing?

Everyone has expectations and standards.

Now, whether or not they even recognize that they're looking for those things (or that they are eliminating potential dates based on them) would be an interesting question.
    Embrace the possibilities.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    You're telling me that you don't have any thoughts that cross your mind about preferences, people or habits that aggravate you, types of behaviours that you experienced in the past that were detrimental to a relationship... nothing?

Everyone has expectations and standards.

Now, whether or not they even recognize that they're looking for those things (or that they are eliminating potential dates based on them) would be an interesting question.
    I dunno. Maybe if you're buying a car or selecting between jobs. Pros and cons can help. With people, it just seems icky. Does anyone fall in love because of a box-ticking exercise? Personal chemistry shouldn't really be called chemistry at all. It's pretty unscientific. The only thing I could really put on a list is that if I'm attracted to someone, there's probably something really wrong with them. But I don't think that helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

sammy

I'm with Morgan Le Fay on this one.

Lists are taking things out of context and setting arbitrary limits to what you will accept before you even get to know someone. Fine, don't date a rapist or a child molester, but would you ask him that on a first date, anyway?

Yeah, baby, do a background check on me! ... No, not my ass!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    I dunno. Maybe if you're buying a car or selecting between jobs. Pros and cons can help. With people, it just seems icky. Does anyone fall in love because of a box-ticking exercise? Personal chemistry shouldn't really be called chemistry at all. It's pretty unscientific. The only thing I could really put on a list is that if I'm attracted to someone, there's probably something really wrong with them. But I don't think that helps.
    Agreed. People are too complex, chemistry and love are too capricious. Just as an example, I have a standard answer for what my ideal woman looks like physically...but no one I've ever dated looks like that. I mean, yeah, I understand crossing off things like "felon" and "married". But to go too deep into it seems like a confirmation of all the worst things people think about NTs.

And this has nothing to do with the fact that based on your lists, none of you would ever date me
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari