User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
    The same can go for many women who go leaps and bounds for a certain someone they find special just to even notice them. It's the same in both realms of gender.
    Do you honestly believe, in general, that both genders *equally* engage in "display tactics" to gain sexual access?!!?

:confused:

Don't get me wrong, there is definitely a mating dance, but it often times is initiated and engaged in by men, as in, the women watch, receive, ignore, deny, or accept.

Men are far more prone to engage in lekking than women are.

Now, regarding human love, that's different, but I don't think you're talking about that, what you are talking about is courting.

"The same can go for many women who go leaps and bounds for a certain someone they find special just to even notice them. It's the same in both realms of gender"

^Sure, there exists a population of women out there who go leaps and bounds for a "special" man to notice them, though, to be honest, this idea makes my mind immediately think of the scenario of a school girl who has a crush on "Mr. Big Guy on Campus", but I could be wrong.

And, I know I am in the minority of the female population in that I have tended to be the initiator of my romantic pairings, but this rarely if ever entailed my going through leaps and bounds to get a guy to notice me, but rather entailed my noticing a guy I liked, and simply proceeding to getting to know him by, well, getting to know him.

After all, as women with eggs more precious than semen, or more "valuable", we do, in fact, tend to be the choosers or arbiters of our mates.

Not to say that men do not have any choice, or selecting, they do, sexual selection does go both ways.

But, women do tend to be far more selective than men, period.

Case in point, if you are a female and you want to get laid *for free*, executing such a task will be far from difficult, but if you are a guy, with some exceptions, of course, such a task will be extremely difficult.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    A lot.
    I wouldn't say 'equally' in general, but in my opinion, both genders (usually) put out the same effort in 'display tactics', although they are in different ways, and there are some who see these 'tactics' as effortless. Maybe to a guy getting a woman's attention then having a one-night-stand is like breathing to him, and maybe to a girl gaining the attention of other men, and actually being interested in the same person for an elongated period of time (since originally the topic was about NT females, and many have said that they fail to keep interest or be happy in the same relationship after a while or...hell just a couple of hours, even.)
    Last edited by Amethyst; 06-02-2010 at 12:33 AM. Reason: idk wtf happened

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd like to react to the OP...

NT-ness is a "masculine" treat. Just like doing math or, worse, theoretical physics. When more women would do that (or show their NT preference), the association would lessen. Something like that happened to psychology. In the early years of psychology, the psychologues were all men, preferably with beards. Now more and more women choose that direction. As a result, the profession has lost status. Sad but true.

Some women convince themselves that they are bad at math, because that's what women are; and that's what attracts the men. Again, sad but true. Women NTs who show their NT-ness? Rare and only attractive to the men who want such women. We fish in a smaller pool, but that pool contains men who'll accept our NT-ness. I've said this elsewhere, but for me a big part of love is knowing that you can be your real self.

If you are okay with women dressing in jeans, talking about string theory (or insert any other abstract theory), and rather 'cool' than 'hot', go for an NT. Just not for this one, I'm not available any more.
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I dress in jeans, I talk about insert any abstract theory, and am fucking as shizzzz.

So, the above does not simply apply to NT women.

I honestly think it might be an N-thing.

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I dress in jeans, I talk about insert any abstract theory, and am fucking as shizzzz.

So, the above does not simply apply to NT women.

I honestly think it might be an N-thing.

As an ENFP you would say that you have a "cool" rather than "hot" temperament?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    As an ENFP you would say that you have a "cool" rather than "hot" temperament?
    I think Tamske was referring to "cool" as in, and "hot" as in, I dunno, good looking, is that not how you interpreted it?

I dunno, maybe I misread it.

But, I am not cold, no, far from, I am a very warm person, very warm.

But that doesn't mean that I am not "cool", or that I can't even be cold, which I can be, and which is berry berry scary, or hmmm, calm/serene, you know?

I honestly think that on many levels an ENTP and an ENFP would share a lot of similarities, hell, even my ISTP and I had a lot in common, not to say we were not vastly different, too.

I digress.

I'm just saying, that I honestly think that maybe this thread needs to extend or incorporate being a chick and being an N-dom = being not like most chicks, you know?

And, I've suffered a lot in my past relationships, either being to odd myself, or getting to bored, it's hard to gel with a freak.

And, just because I'm an NF doesn't freakin' mean I wanna talk about my and your feewings all the fuckin' time, I just like discussing interesting things, period.

Some doods aren't down for such insatiable curiosity for knowledge, but, there are plenty of men who are down for a chick, so all is not lost.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

I think Tamske was referring to "cool" as in, and "hot" as in, I dunno, good looking, is that not how you interpreted it?

I dunno, maybe I misread it.

Nah, because she said "rather 'cool' than 'hot'," which, unless she was suggesting that NT women are in general not good looking, I think refers to temperament.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I'm just saying, that I honestly think that maybe this thread needs to extend or incorporate being a chick and being an N-dom = being not like most chicks, you know?
    That's the case for all Ns, Sensors are the majority.

This is narrowing it further, and incorporating the T/F function which does have a distinct gender bias.

figsfiggyfigs

It really depends.

I'm a pretty "feminine" person looks wise( I dress VERY girly). I come off as feminine as well( the way I carry myself, speak, etc).

I behave(express myself) and think in a very "masculine" manner, or what society relates masculinity to. I don't believe I do( by that, I mean, it's natural to me), and I don't define it as such; it seems everyone around me does though, while I believe I'm just being myself. I think it works for me, and it gets things done.

I don't really feel like going into details because I'm quite exhausted, but I believe other NT's know what I'm talking about...

edit: I posted in here already

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Aren't ENTP firecrackers though, and wouldn't ENTJs be firecrackers too!?!?

I would think neither of these types would be "cold", I would think that they would be quite spicay!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles