First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You can ask my girlfriend.

She's posted in this thread.

Yes, I'm sure the girlfriend of someone with obvious sensitivies about and warped ideas of masculinity, i.e. this amusing hogwash:

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

Masculinity is consciousness. Femininity is existence.
    Consciousness is unchanging. Femininity is always changing.
    Masculinity is the witness. Femininity is that which is witnessed.

will confirm his lack thereof
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

MBTI
    INTP

FWIW, I think I think in a more typically masculine way, and I don't defer to men just because they're men. But no one would ever call me masculine.

I tend to be attracted to men who are pretty balanced as well--maybe the flip side of me. Seemingly pretty masculine at first glance, unafraid to pursue if he sees a woman he's attracted to (or at least willing to put himself out there anyway), but not married to gender roles and not fixated on what masculinity is, and what femininity is. It's really less of a formula than the feeling of two personalities complementing each other without worrying so much about the labels.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the girlfriend of someone with obvious sensitivies about and warped ideas of masculinity, i.e. this amusing hogwash:

will confirm his lack thereof
    i would blush if my boyfriend engaged in foolhardy trolling. ew - not sexy.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm Z's girlfriend, and I haven't read all of his posts, or, to be honest, most posts in this thread.

A few things that may or may not be pertinent.

I think Z and I are fairly compatible regarding our femininity/masculinity.

Depending on who you ask, I could be perceived as either extremely feminine or quite masculine.

How would I rate myself?

I am a bit more masculine than the average female.

But, I am a softy, I am deeply empathetic, I care about people, I care about inter-relationships, and intra-relationships, I care about you, I care about me, how you are doing, how you are feeling, etc. And, if these characteristics are categorized as "feminine", then, I am incredibly feminine.

Now, I am also a fiercely independent thinker, an autodidact, fearless in many ways, adventurous, sexually charged, interested in science, interested in the whys to the whats, opinionated, always up for discourse and debate. And, if these characteristics are characteristically "masculine", then masculine, I am, have been, and will be.

How would I rate Z on the masculine scale?

I think that he is quite masculine, but he also has a feminine sensitivity, and sensuality to him, in fact, it is his feminine aspect infused with his overall masculine energy that I am immensely attracted to.

I have spent years of my life with a masculine man who had damn near no iota of a feminine side, this hurt our relationship very much.

As I've already stated earlier in this thread, my INTP best friend is equally but differently masculine than I am, we both have our strains of femininity that emulate itself, and, upon first meeting us, despite my warmth, the average person would probably believe that I was more masculine than she is.

But, I have no shame in my game to assert a belief I had prior to even knowing about typology, that being...

That T-ness is more masculine than F-ness

That E-ness is more masculine than I-ness

That J-ness is more masculine than P-ness <--lulz

And that S-ness is more masculine than N-ness.

^The above statements are my own nebulous beliefs, and no, I don't care if they are not valid by any body else's standards, they're my own, thank you very much.

:P
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by You'reWrongI'mRight View Post
    I think NT women are great for relationships that require independence and very little " feeling"-talk from both partners involved.
    I however, have mentioned that it's a pain in the ass when it comes to " talking about what you are feeling" or "Where is this going". God that's awkward.. ><!
    I never want to be in that situation again.
    See, I *need* to be in sync with my partner, both implicitly and explicitly, and this takes a lot of work, I need, and this, believe it or not, is quite difficult for me, to express how I am feeling in general, and how I am feeling about my partner, life, and our relationship, I also need to understand how he is feeling, what he is thinking, what he desires.

Intimacy is vital to me, in my romantic relationships, and thus far, the only way I've been able to facilitate and foster this is to constantly check-in and be *present* to both my, and my partner's needs/feelings.

Physical intimacy is so easy, mental/emotional/psychological intimacy, not so much... :ouch:

I am always thinking about the quality and health of my romantic relationships, if there is something that needs mending, I will do my hardest to try to do my part to fix the problem, nip it in the bud, so to speak.

I probably do this a bit too much, but what can I say, a good relationship must perpetually be nurtured in order to stay that way, or, better yet, get even better.

I want to inevitably grow closer to my partner, not farther.

And, at least for me, when I get silent, I start to slip away.
    `

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    FWIW, I think I think in a more typically masculine way, and I don't defer to men just because they're men. But no one would ever call me masculine.

I tend to be attracted to men who are pretty balanced as well--maybe the flip side of me. Seemingly pretty masculine at first glance, unafraid to pursue if he sees a woman he's attracted to (or at least willing to put himself out there anyway), but not married to gender roles and not fixated on what masculinity is, and what femininity is. It's really less of a formula than the feeling of two personalities complementing each other without worrying so much about the labels.

And, fwiw, I think you're incredibly feminine.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    i would blush if my boyfriend engaged in foolhardy trolling. ew - not sexy.
    I haven't read his posts, yet, well, I read a few, but, let it be known that Z writes and says shit sometimes that make me go

But, in all fairness, he probably feels/thinks the same about me.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

K, briefly perused some posts, and here's what I've got to add.

I have got a masculine side, always have, and there have been guys throughout my entire life who have been, YES, incredibly attracted to this "masculine side"

And by "masculine side" here, I mean, my confidence, intelligence, and don't-give-a-fuck attitude.

Every man whom I've deeply bonded with in my lifetime has bonded with me via my highly cerebral nature, not via my t&a.

I want to not only be appreciated for my caring nature, but respected and acknowledged for my intelligence.

Intelligence, and independent thinkers are sexxxay, regardless of whether or not their agents have ovaries or testicles.

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

And, fwiw, I think you're incredibly feminine.

Thank you, m'dear!

I would mostly agree with this as a rule, though I had never thought of it that way:

Quote Originally Posted by SS
    That T-ness is more masculine than F-ness

That E-ness is more masculine than I-ness

That J-ness is more masculine than P-ness <--lulz

And that S-ness is more masculine than N-ness.
    Something Witty

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

^ except by default that suggests that an INFP would be the most feminine type, which reality doesn't support. The INFPs I've known did not present that way.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    ^ except by default that suggests that an INFP would be the most feminine type, which reality doesn't support. The INFPs I've known did not present that way.
    Hmm, that is also a good point. I haven't known many confirmed INFPs IRL to be able to say from personal observation.
    Something Witty