• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] ENTP and ENFJ relationship tips appreciated

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
We love eachother so much, we have eachothers back no matter what! I also love how we are both so creative and bounce cool ideas off eachother :) But we sometimes annoy the hell out of eachother. What are good ways to communicate with my ENTP man with out him telling me to shut up? I feel like we need to compromise more, I can't always shut up if something bothers me ;) lol. Tips from entps would be much appreciated!

EricHanson

MBTI Type
ENTP
Simple, tell him you don't appreciate it when he continually blathers on sometimes. If he still can't shut up, tell him again.

If that doesn't knock sense into him, he's hopeless.

Sparrow

Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oops typo, i meant "with out him telling ME to shut up" lol :)

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Tell him to shut his trap till you're done talking. He'll get the message if you're blunt about it, probably will listen, too.

EricHanson

MBTI Type
ENTP
He tells you to shut up? That's not a very good sign.

Maybe what he says is reasonable...as in like, maybe your criticizing people or things too harshly or you are antagonizing people with your words...in which maybe, maybe, you should listen?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
If you were my partner and I was bothering you, or you were bothering me, and direct confrontation about it wasn't ideal then I'd want you to go away and give me space so I can rationalise things and get over it, kinda like a reset button on a computer, doesn't take long at all but gives me a chance to reset my perspective from the reactive to the bigger picture.

Him telling you to shut up isn't cool though.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
If you were my partner and I was bothering you, or you were bothering me, and direct confrontation about it wasn't ideal then I'd want you to go away and give me space so I can rationalise things and get over it, kinda like a reset button on a computer, doesn't take long at all but gives me a chance to reset my perspective from the reactive to the bigger picture.

Yes, this is very, very important!

Him telling you to shut up isn't cool though.

Very true. Because we don't know that much about the context, we don't really know why he said it... The only time this would ever be acceptable is if the environment was one in which that was the only way he could get your attention. If that's the case, then it needs to change. Even if it's not the case, if he says 'shut up,' walk away. Every time. If he follows you, don't listen. Make it clear that you'll only listen if he doesn't say stuff like that.

Katsuni

Priestess Of Syrinx
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4?
Yarr... being told to shut up isn't good.

That being said, if yeu want to be heard, state that it's important and yeu need him to listen to yeu for a moment. If that doesn't work though, yeu may have much larger problems than yeu think.