User Tag List

Default ENTP and ENFJ relationship tips appreciated

We love eachother so much, we have eachothers back no matter what! I also love how we are both so creative and bounce cool ideas off eachother But we sometimes annoy the hell out of eachother. What are good ways to communicate with my ENTP man with out him telling me to shut up? I feel like we need to compromise more, I can't always shut up if something bothers me lol. Tips from entps would be much appreciated!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

Simple, tell him you don't appreciate it when he continually blathers on sometimes. If he still can't shut up, tell him again.

If that doesn't knock sense into him, he's hopeless.
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible." - Mac Anderson

oops typo, i meant "with out him telling ME to shut up" lol

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Tell him to shut his trap till you're done talking. He'll get the message if you're blunt about it, probably will listen, too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENTp

He tells you to shut up? That's not a very good sign.

Maybe what he says is reasonable...as in like, maybe your criticizing people or things too harshly or you are antagonizing people with your words...in which maybe, maybe, you should listen?
    "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others think is possible." - Mac Anderson

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

If you were my partner and I was bothering you, or you were bothering me, and direct confrontation about it wasn't ideal then I'd want you to go away and give me space so I can rationalise things and get over it, kinda like a reset button on a computer, doesn't take long at all but gives me a chance to reset my perspective from the reactive to the bigger picture.

Him telling you to shut up isn't cool though.

MBTI
    INTx
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    If you were my partner and I was bothering you, or you were bothering me, and direct confrontation about it wasn't ideal then I'd want you to go away and give me space so I can rationalise things and get over it, kinda like a reset button on a computer, doesn't take long at all but gives me a chance to reset my perspective from the reactive to the bigger picture.
    Yes, this is very, very important!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Him telling you to shut up isn't cool though.
    Very true. Because we don't know that much about the context, we don't really know why he said it... The only time this would ever be acceptable is if the environment was one in which that was the only way he could get your attention. If that's the case, then it needs to change. Even if it's not the case, if he says 'shut up,' walk away. Every time. If he follows you, don't listen. Make it clear that you'll only listen if he doesn't say stuff like that.
    Intuition is the supra-logic that cuts out all the routine processes of thought and leaps straight from the problem to the answer.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Yarr... being told to shut up isn't good.

That being said, if yeu want to be heard, state that it's important and yeu need him to listen to yeu for a moment. If that doesn't work though, yeu may have much larger problems than yeu think.