User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    Empathy? Sure. But I'm definately a 'thinking' type personality. And I guess you might think it could be hormonal but it couldn't possibly be because it happens everytime without fail. Then I will laugh cos I'm crying too, and yeah... wierdo. Not very helpful either. It's been happening for about the last 10 years and I'm just wondering how this fits with my type. Have other 'T's experienced anything similar?
    Because you are an impure INTJ, and do not have the honed ability to detach your emotions.

Either that, or you are simply more "sensitive" than others, despite the fact that you are (if you actually are) an INTJ. This is something which I believe to be biological, a reflex of sorts, which does not impact your rational decision making ability, but evokes a psychological or physiological response. Much like those with the very rare "Jumping Frenchmen of Maine" disorder, you cannot help your responses.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Talionis View Post
    Because you are an impure INTJ, and do not have the honed ability to detach your emotions.

Srsly?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w? sp/sx

Nah, I just think it's PMSing.
    "A spill at the plant increased the phosphates in the lake and produced a scum of algae so thick that the swamp smell filled the air, infiltrating the genteel mansions. Debutantes cried over the misfortune of coming out in a season everyone would remember for its bad smell."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

Srsly?
    Srsly.
    "Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily."
    —Bonaparte

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Mirror Neurons! Still hypothetical at this point, but I just blame it on that.

I also have a weird thing with eyes. I see people tear up, I start tearing up. For me, doesn't have to deal with empathy or sympathy, I don't feel what they're feeling or feel bad for them, I just start copying their behavior. A drawback of my tendency to socially mimic I suppose.
    This. Some people have a stronger tendency for it than others, but it is fairly instinctive and normal for a social species.

I'm sure hormones can play a part -- PMSing would make it really pronounced, but just having normally high levels of certain hormones (I am not going to take the time to sort out which ones because I'm lazy -- probably not testosterone, lol) would make it more likely to occur.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTP

I have a bro who is a year older than me, when he went to primary school he was fairly ill so got put back a yeat so we both basically had the same childhood. He only has to breath in a certain way and I'm in bits. I do bawl like a baby quite often when someone cries (except when I think they are camping it up when I'm a lot harder)