User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    No. :steam: He hasn't responded to my email, and he keeps calling my home number like nothing happened. I'm not answering it, though.

He's the first ENTJ I've ever dated, but I imagine most ENTJs would take a breakup by responding like this: "Fair enough. In that case, I wish you the best." Mature and direct.

Perhaps I'll call HIM, and if he answers (most likely), I'll tell him in a girly voice to hang up, because I want to leave a sexy surprise on his voicemail. Then I'll read aloud the email I sent to him on his voicemail. Good idea?
    Breaking up by email is neither mature nor direct. I read your post in another thread about how he has proposed to you twice amongst other things (not sure if you posted that here already).

Someone who has invested that much emotional expenditure in you and imagined a life together is not going to accept an email buh-bye. It's extremely unrealistic to think anybody - especially someone who's already shown possessiveness and jealousy and with whom you've shown inconsistency - would take that at face value and move on without trying to find out from the source (you) what's going on.

He's not calling you like "nothing happened" he's calling you because he wants to know exactly what happened and he feels he deserves an answer from you directly - in person or over the phone.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

^^ ++

mrcockburn - You are the one that is driving the ENTJ guy nuts, its your actions that are causing him to be a fruit looper. Maybe you need to look closer to home are really understand your own responcibilities in a relationship.

You've been seeing the guy for a year and you are giving it the credibility of someone you've casually dated. It's pretty harsh to then come on the board slagging him off because you've behaved in a way that has created such insecurity. Of course part of his desire is probably driven from that insecurity rather than really knowing you so you are defo making your own problems.

I'm totall with the email break up being really imature on your part, more so if he had proposed a few times. Its ok for you not to like breaking, but don't pretend its him that has the problem here. Likely to be your NT failing to recognise other peoples emotional signals and doing anything about them.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ^^ ++

mrcockburn - You are the one that is driving the ENTJ guy nuts, its your actions that are causing him to be a fruit looper. Maybe you need to look closer to home are really understand your own responcibilities in a relationship.

You've been seeing the guy for a year and you are giving it the credibility of someone you've casually dated. It's pretty harsh to then come on the board slagging him off because you've behaved in a way that has created such insecurity. Of course part of his desire is probably driven from that insecurity rather than really knowing you so you are defo making your own problems.

I'm totall with the email break up being really imature on your part, more so if he had proposed a few times. Its ok for you not to like breaking, but don't pretend its him that has the problem here. Likely to be your NT failing to recognise other peoples emotional signals and doing anything about them.
    Yeah that's pretty much what I thought too...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

Shes clearly not telling the whole story...

Things HAD TO HAVE BEEN more normal for them to even REACH a point of "boyfriend and girlfriend". If he had been this nuts from the start, then she would never have let him in her her pants. Therefore, she must have done something to make him so insecure.

Its sad really, because now he'll get blamed. This is why apathy is a nice love strategy. There's never any reason to convince anyone to like you...because instead you're just apathetic about the whole thing

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    Shes clearly not telling the whole story...

Things HAD TO HAVE BEEN more normal for them to even REACH a point of "boyfriend and girlfriend". If he had been this nuts from the start, then she would never have let him in her her pants. Therefore, she must have done something to make him so insecure.

Its sad really, because now he'll get blamed. This is why apathy is a nice love strategy. There's never any reason to convince anyone to like you...because instead you're just apathetic about the whole thing
    Exactly you don't spend a year deciding he is a nutter, insecurity is a product of lack of certainty and direction, firm footedness etc. The guys been screwed around.

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Breaking up by email is neither mature nor direct. I read your post in another thread about how he has proposed to you twice amongst other things (not sure if you posted that here already).

Someone who has invested that much emotional expenditure in you and imagined a life together is not going to accept an email buh-bye. It's extremely unrealistic to think anybody - especially someone who's already shown possessiveness and jealousy and with whom you've shown inconsistency - would take that at face value and move on without trying to find out from the source (you) what's going on.

He's not calling you like "nothing happened" he's calling you because he wants to know exactly what happened and he feels he deserves an answer from you directly - in person or over the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    ^^ ++

+1

I feel really sorry for the guy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Dali View Post
    +1

I feel really sorry for the guy.
    I said that several pages ago when she was talking about jetting off to Brazil for two weeks without telling him, then expressing surprise that her bf of a year freaked out. WTF.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Well, sounds like I'm the BIG BAD WOLF now.

Seriously I had to do it through email, because he's such a wonkerpath that I need to have documented evidence that I clearly stated to terminate our relationship and eliminate all further contact.

And no, he wasn't this bad from the get-go. He always was a frequent caller, but he got worse, and with all the nonsense coming to light (like his FREAKING LISTS good god...), I had to do something.

And as for the Brazil thing, I wanted to take off and party for a little bit (I know a guy down there and some friends of his). It's no big deal, I do it all the time.

If my behavior was such ants in his pants, he should've just broken up with me instead of harrassing me. Any normal person would take a hint when they're being intrusive and mellow out.

I really would've expected that an ENTJ wouldn't carry on this nonsense, but he STILL hasn't responded to my email and KEEPS CALLING. DAMN. I think I'll tell him that I cheated on him...multiple times. That should work.

Look, this is my first "real relationship" (as opposed to fun fun flings), I suppose I'm just not good at it. Doesn't make me the villain here.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg

ThatGirl

I don't think you are the "Big Bad Wolf."

Actually I think the dynamic that is happening in this thread is exactly the one that goes on between you and your ex man. Who is justified who isn't.

Fact is, it doesn't matter. It did work, or it didn't. Thats how realationships and dating are supposed to go.

MBTI
    ¥¤
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I don't think you are the "Big Bad Wolf."

Actually I think the dynamic that is happening in this thread is exactly the one that goes on between you and your ex man. Who is justified who isn't.

Fact is, it doesn't matter. It did work, or it didn't. Thats how realationships and dating are supposed to go.
    EXACTLY. I wouldn't even be on here ranting talking about it if he could just move on and accept my decision.
    3w4-9w1-?w6 (nearly headless nick)
    sp/so
    Lawful Evil

COCKBURN:

http://sundrytimes.files.wordpress.c...tomic-bomb.jpg