User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTP specialness

Do INTPs feel special?

If so, is it worth noting that some Ti doms participate (pretty heavily) in something that is considered to be strongly linked to Fi?

MBTI
    IxTx
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    LSE

elaborate
    online test: 6ISTP/5INTP/5INTJ/3ISTJ/1ISFP/1ENFJ
    people's suggestion: 1ISFP
    ......../ Bunny says,......\
    ........\Ask me anything./
    ............)/
    ./\_/\..../
    (O .O)
    [^_u )

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I find that my specific worldview and some tendencies are in the minority, but that it doesn't automatically give me mental super powers.

So no, not really. Not in the sense I think you're using the word.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

I kinda thought that INTPs were more likely to be humble than not
    5 3 9

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

I don't understand the second sentence.
    "Of course we spent our money in the good times. That's what you're supposed to do in good times! You can't save money in the good times. Then they wouldn't be good times, they'd be 'preparation for the bad times' times."

"Every country in the world owes money. Everyone. So heere's what I dont get: who do they all owe it to, and why don't we just kill the bastard and relax?"

-Tommy Tiernan, Irish comedian.

MBTI
    nnnn

You want the INTJs.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sx
    Socionics
    wtf

I don't think INTP relate to this word the way you imply.

In fact, in my friend group (mostly NTs), 'special' is a euphemism for something like mentally handicapped.

"My aren't you special this evening." after you show up with your shirt inside out. etc.

Back to the point -
    It somewhat depends on the external environment. I think for most of us there is a feeling of being different, but whether that is considered positive or negative (or a little of both) depends on whether our peer group and family makes us feel like outcasts or something more like gifted.

In general our utilitarian ways would probably prefer us towards worldviews in which "everyone is equal" thus using a word like 'special' to describe ourselves would be uncomfortably like implying we are better than others. I don't think INTP have that feeling (at least in a broad context, not "I'm better at math" or something specific), merely because we tend to see ourselves as a mixture of good and bad, adaptive and maladaptive. We definitely don't like everyone else, but I don't think we feel genuinely superior to them such that we would think of ourselves as special compared to the plebeian mob or something.

Perhaps this last paragraph is just me, though.
    I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
    - Umberto Eco

INTP e9 (sx/so/sp)
    Ti = Ne (41.3) > Si (31.2) ~ Ni (31.1) ~ Te (30.1) > Se (24.1) >> Fe (21) & Fi (20.1)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    You want the INTJs.
    yes, go find an intj when your looking for someone who thinks hes special(or someone special hilo and his friends style) and look for intp when your looking for someone special.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

How does someone know if they are special if it's so commonplace to them? Do you feel special for having opposable thumbs ? or even having finger nails ?

In the mind of an INTP, being INTP isn't special at all. I'm not sure if you can get a group of INTPs to discover that they are special.

It only comes about when there's a comparison, like a different person making an evaluation. Some will say INTPs are special, some will say that INTPs are asses. But it always comes from a a source that is external to the mind of the INTP.
    "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds; it is something one creates." - Thomas Szasz

Senior Member InsatiableCuriosity's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    In fact, in my friend group (mostly NTs), 'special' is a euphemism for something like mentally handicapped.

"My aren't you special this evening." after you show up with your shirt inside out. etc.
    likewise LOL

Quote Originally Posted by hilo View Post
    I think for most of us there is a feeling of being different, but whether that is considered positive or negative (or a little of both) depends on whether our peer group and family makes us feel like outcasts or something more like gifted.

In general our utilitarian ways would probably prefer us towards worldviews in which "everyone is equal" thus using a word like 'special' to describe ourselves would be uncomfortably like implying we are better than others. I don't think INTP have that feeling (at least in a broad context, not "I'm better at math" or something specific), merely because we tend to see ourselves as a mixture of good and bad, adaptive and maladaptive. We definitely don't like everyone else, but I don't think we feel genuinely superior to them such that we would think of ourselves as special compared to the plebeian mob or something.

Perhaps this last paragraph is just me, though.
    No, it is not just you. I would also add that I have felt other to those around me and sometimes almost a dispassionate observer but definitely not special as in above.

More like I can see the individual talents of others and how often, if they weren't so unsure of themselves, they could shine if they could only see each others values.

I tend to knit the loose ends of teams and projects together - but then again I have a fairly well developed Fi for an INTP - must be age or something
    "Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible."
    — Richard P. Feynman

"Never tell a person a thing is impossible. G*d/the Universe may have been waiting all this time for someone ignorant enough of the impossibility to do just that thing."
    author unknown