First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Ohhh Uumlau...you're in for a very very goeeyy ride

Edit: to save this poor INTJ the trouble of having to explain this to every NFP on the forum, I wanted to let you guys know me and Uumlau have had this convo already on our walls

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...u2=5494&page=5

(start from the third post)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram

This thread has too much goo. Ejecting in 3, 2, 1...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    EII

i know no one asked the NFPs, but on the flip side i think the wall that NTJs put up (often by means of sarcasm) is just adorable
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Introverted Feeling (46.7)
    Extraverted Intuition (45.7)
    Introverted Intuition (37.5)
    Introverted Thinking(26.5)
    Extraverted Feeling (25.4)
    Extraverted Thinking (22.1)
    Extraverted Sensing (19.5)
    Introverted Sensing (17.0)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    And, once again, this might be due to my enneagram, but I feel misunderstood and freakish all the damn time.

Yes, I have the ability and facility to connect with many life forms, and the universe itself, but still, on a human, existential level, I feel quite unique to a negative, lonely extent.

I was not built like other girls, my desires are vast, varied, and deep.

And, I think what makes me fall in love with people is their ability to "get it", in general, and more specifically, their ability, which is rare, to get me. :blushing:
    I don't think you give other people enough credit.

Do you ever wonder what drives your need to be understood?

I think being completely understood and "got" at all times would turn out to be not nearly as exciting as you think. I would choose a lifetime of discovering more/new things about my partner over an instant complete understanding any day.

Have you understood your partners as well as you want them to understand you?

Your intense desire to be truly understood for your freakish unique self, almost makes it seem like you have a real fear of being like other people.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I don't think you give other people enough credit.
    I think, if anything, the opposite is true.

:confused:

Do you ever wonder what drives your need to be understood?
    Yes, deep feelings of alienation. And the desire to not only feel connected to someone but to be understood by them, this probably has a lot to do with growing up mentor-less.

It is an unfair desire though, because I've spent my entire lifetime primarily devoted to understanding myself, and others. Most people spend their time thinking about other things.

I think being completely understood and "got" at all times would turn out to be not nearly as exciting as you think. I would choose a lifetime of discovering more/new things about my partner over an instant complete understanding any day.
    I enjoy both, and for long term purposes would prefer the latter over the former, duh.

But, there is nothing more incredible than just clicking with someone instantly, having no "shared" history, yet, for some inexplicable reason, having some shared perception of reality. That mutual connection is incredible.

Now, " I would choose a lifetime of discovering more/new things about my partner"

^ I just discussed the above, in tears, with my partner, last night.

I need this kind of relationship with the people I love, especially with my significant other, a lifetime spent growing independently and interdependently together, all the while getting closer and gaining deeper understanding of life and each other... what bliss that would be.

Have you understood your partners as well as you want them to understand you?
    In the past, I've tended to understand my partners far more than they understood me.

This could be due to several reasons, I don't know.

As I've stated earlier, I am wired to care and be curious about human beings, especially ones I'm close to. I've always made concerted efforts to understand my partners, sadly, the same efforts have rarely been extended to me.

Your intense desire to be truly understood for your freakish unique self, almost makes it seem like you have a real fear of being like other people.
    Fear of mediocrity?

Nope.

I know where I stand, I know my idiosyncrasies, my abnormalities, my deficiencies, and my particular aptitudes.

I'm not really concerned about how I measure up or down compared to others, I just really hate feeling alone when with someone "close" to me, that's all.

This happens a lot, and it evokes silent tears, an awful feeling.

To just be connected and understood by one person is essentially all I'm asking for.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    nnnn

You guys...do you know how difficult it is to constructively deal with tert Fi once you start going there? You tend to be better at it than we are. Although it works best when the INTJ is gravitating towards Fi and the NFP towards Te IME, pure Te and pure Fi are both fairly awful.

I sometimes get the impression that NFPs are more rational with regard to emotions and irrational in other areas of life whereas for NTJs it's the other way around, may not be able to harness the emotionality of Fi, but will continue to deal in the outside world.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I sometimes get the impression that NFPs are more rational with regard to emotions
    Thank you!

This is what having a healthy relationship with Fi leads to, which is, a healthy, unbiased view/understanding of your emotional self, without judgment, well, we could judge ourselves, but that won't change how we feel.

We'll feel x-emotion + guilt perhaps, but we'll feel the whole dynamic package, and accept it first as is, and if need be, change our actions to eliminate the guilt.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    Probably more like this, lol.

(plus some pictures that you can't post on TypeC)
    Love this.

I've had friends tell me that some of the INTJ's I appreciate are " intense"
    " intimidating" and "creepy" ( lol ). Not that I'm drawn to psychopaths. But, for some reason I don't find the austerity of the INTJ outer demeanor off-putting at all. And I love how they take their time getting to know me. It feels like something deeper and more gratifying to take our time.

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    I miss having an INTJ in my life. ^That picture sort put to image how I felt around him. Like he didn't know what to do with me. You guys, are truly diamonds in the rough though. It felt like my one really saw me, faults and all.
    One of my INTJ guy friends was a lot like that. He was one of only a tiny group of people that I didn't mind if he saw me really sick/no make up/ having an ugly moment. He didn't judge me. He didn't flinch because he was committed to our friendship, and I was grateful for the merciful eyes.

My ENTJ best friend is also that way. She never sees a negative thing about me - she's always affirming me, and cheering me on. And I know that she would do anything for me, despite her general disdain for humanity as a whole. I know her loyalty and love is very special.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    You guys...do you know how difficult it is to constructively deal with tert Fi once you start going there? You tend to be better at it than we are. Although it works best when the INTJ is gravitating towards Fi and the NFP towards Te IME, pure Te and pure Fi are both fairly awful.

I sometimes get the impression that NFPs are more rational with regard to emotions and irrational in other areas of life whereas for NTJs it's the other way around, may not be able to harness the emotionality of Fi, but will continue to deal in the outside world.
    I think-granted an NeTe thought with no evidence-we may have a baby ESTJ inside of us: NeFi TeSi. I think we may use that second half of our personality to modulate our emotions and teach others about their emotions. If it is ESTJ-like, well then we are the "middle management of emo"??? Many of the negative aspects of enfp Te usage are very`similar to those of a very, very immature ESTJ, but emo tainted. "Erratic Te"...

To Ne the analogy across to you guys...you would have a baby ISFP inside of you? NiTe.....FiSe Many INTJs seem to have an affinity for music, physical activity or dance as you age. Also, once uncovered your emotions seem extraordinarily sensitive-like a very young Fi dom perhaps??? I just dont know enough...To complete the analogy...your baby FiSe is the musician, the artist, the innocent yet sensual child of nature, so easily hurt, that hides under the strong exterior....I dunno though...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I've had friends tell me that some of the INTJ's I appreciate are " intense"
    " intimidating" and "creepy" ( lol ). Not that I'm drawn to psychopaths. But, for some reason I don't find the austerity of the INTJ outer demeanor off-putting at all. And I love how they take their time getting to know me. It feels like something deeper and more gratifying to take our time.
    The INTJ I knew, he had a cold demeanor from afar but he presented me with a good amount of his own Fi and it was very .