User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Because they're everything we're not. Adventurous, spontaneous, inspiring, unpredictable, intriguing, random, socially adept, child-like...
    I resent this.

It's morphin' time!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

^ So maybe how a particular NTJ feels/thinks about NFPs in general may have something to do with their relationship with their tertiary and inferior functions?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Enlighten me please.
    I can only speak for myself: they're everything I'm not, without being shallow or stupid. This is an attractive feature in itself. We're different in almost every aspects, except for a few crucial points which makes the connection possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think NTJs gravitate to ENFPs when they recognize that one's life's priorities should include a childlike wonder and engagement with the world. We can't help but see life as a chessboard; we can't help but try to detach and predict and control. Getting zapped with NFP vibes communicating to us that we should chill and ride the waves of life helps us out.
    This.

ETA:

Quote Originally Posted by thescientist View Post
    Because they're everything we're not.
    Lol.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by FallsPioneer View Post
    That's because it can go both ways. INTJ's could love ENFP's for who they are or hate them for who they are, and the same for ENFP's for INTJ's. I don't think it necessarily means anything that your friend got frustrated, as far as any universal dynamic between ENFP's and INTJ's.

What I like about ENFP's, the traits that can show up that I like include: they can both take things as they are and see the potential in things, their capacity for devotion and great emotional investment, and looking at things from others' perspectives.
    Well, he decided on an INTP girl to date, and everything is much calmer now. I think he just feels calmer around other Thinkers. Feelers make him want to "protect" us all the time, and it must really wear him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I resent this.

It's morphin' time!

WHOAwhoawhoa now! Were you standing in my room while I was getting dressed?! Privacy please!

My only real criticism of that outfit is that she's clearly afraid of color. Branch out, woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    I can only speak for myself: they're everything I'm not, without being shallow or stupid. This is an attractive feature in itself. We're different in almost every aspects, except for a few crucial points which makes the connection possible.
    I find it very gratifying to talk with INTJ's - they have such a broad subject range, with such deep knowledge, and don't seem to mind me asking a million questions. One of my INTJ friends was great to have around - I could point at anything, ask him what it was and what it was made of, and he could tell me. Fascinating.

So let me ask this : is delving into the Feeling realm ( by engaging an ENFP in a relationship ) a disturbing prospect? This isn't my point of reference ( it obviously doesn't frighten me at all ) so I'm curious to know. I've heard descriptions of being unnerved, or afraid of the vulnerability that feelings can create(?). I don't feel intimidated by their intelligence - I appreciate it. I'm not afraid of their logic. What would cause fear of emotions? Distrust perhaps? fear of looking foolish?

Pumpernickel
    MBTI
    ENTJ

NFPs are actually the types i am least likely to be attracted to.. i think enfp love is much more of an intj thing.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I find it very gratifying to talk with INTJ's - they have such a broad subject range, with such deep knowledge, and don't seem to mind me asking a million questions. One of my INTJ friends was great to have around - I could point at anything, ask him what it was and what it was made of, and he could tell me. Fascinating.

So let me ask this : is delving into the Feeling realm ( by engaging an ENFP in a relationship ) a disturbing prospect? This isn't my point of reference ( it obviously doesn't frighten me at all ) so I'm curious to know. I've heard descriptions of being unnerved, or afraid of the vulnerability that feelings can create(?). I don't feel intimidated by their intelligence - I appreciate it. I'm not afraid of their logic. What would cause fear of emotions? Distrust perhaps? fear of looking foolish?
    I think both of these can go hand in hand.

I LOVE intelligence in people. Akin to how you described it. Learning new things makes me feel invigorated and it's just fascinated.

However I have felt intimidated by very smart INTx type friends before when they state things very matter-of-factly which I had no clue about. In social circles usually I'm the expert in my specific areas, and people think I'm smart, so this type of interaction for an extended time can be unnerving.

On the flip side, if they have developed some of their lesser functions... the two types can create an incredibly rewarding dynamic.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I think INTJs really enjoy teaching enthusiastic people and sharing knowledge in general. I've always felt somewhat mentor-ish around ENFPs.

The truth is that we are really mutually beneficial to each other. We give ENFPs stability and protection and help them reach their potential. ENFPs show us that it's ok to act crazy/spontaneously and care about people and life. It reminds me of Man On Fire when Christopher Walken says, "She showed him it was alright to live again." INTJs look at things and see the problems. We see what's wrong and fix it. ENFPs see what's already right and appreciate it. This is especially true with younger INTJs before we learn to do it on our own. It's easier for us to appreciate the beautiful things in life through an ENFPs enthusiasm, maybe, than doing it directly.

Plus, I think we like taking care of people and raising them up, and ENFPs are a lot like kids. They're open and honest and fun, but sometimes they need to be spanked and brought back to reality.

Likewise, there is something intoxicating about being out of our comfort zone. When simple eye contact can make you feel like you're being consumed and you become completely unaware of the rest of reality but you can't get enough, anyway. I'm used to having an intimidating, controlling presence, and it's nice when you meet someone that can look past that to how you really are.

Mostly, they show us what we didn't even realize we were missing. It's easy for an INTJ to be starved physically and emotionally and think of it as just the way things are.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think INTJs really enjoy teaching enthusiastic people and sharing knowledge in general. I've always felt somewhat mentor-ish around ENFPs.

The truth is that we are really mutually beneficial to each other. We give ENFPs stability and protection and help them reach their potential. ENFPs show us that it's ok to act crazy/spontaneously and care about people and life. It reminds me of Man On Fire when Christopher Walken says, "She showed him it was alright to live again." INTJs look at things and see the problems. We see what's wrong and fix it. ENFPs see what's already right and appreciate it. This is especially true with younger INTJs before we learn to do it on our own. It's easier for us to appreciate the beautiful things in life through an ENFPs enthusiasm, maybe, than doing it directly.

Plus, I think we like taking care of people and raising them up, and ENFPs are a lot like kids. They're open and honest and fun, but sometimes they need to be spanked and brought back to reality.

Likewise, there is something intoxicating about being out of our comfort zone. When simple eye contact can make you feel like you're being consumed and you become completely unaware of the rest of reality but you can't get enough, anyway. I'm used to having an intimidating, controlling presence, and it's nice when you meet someone that can look past that to how you really are.

Mostly, they show us what we didn't even realize we were missing. It's easy for an INTJ to be starved physically and emotionally and think of it as just the way things are.
    wow, just wow.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

^ I am not sure if she means her wow as good or bad haha.

So I am reading a lot of ENFPs plus INTJs = potentially awesome, what about infps and intjs? I like em too. a lot.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

wow, as in, breathtakingly beautiful, and true.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles