• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Proof that INTJ's can be silly

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm not basing this on the video segment.

It was half a general comment towards this topic, or anyone who falls under that common mistake, and half a direct comment towards you. But I take your word for it -- your reason is yours. Mostly for you, it was the ENTP part. She had made too many posts on other subjects that showcased how she was not Ne-dominant.

thescientist

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
i love love love it! and your pics are pure gorgeousness!
Thank you! :hug:

She had made too many posts on other subjects that showcased how she was not Ne-dominant.
Ni to the max. Pretty sure on this one. :)

Acting out in the video was fun and I can guarantee you I couldn't repeat that if there were people around, except for maybe very close friends. I am pretty serious and reserved most of the time. I don't see ENTP in me AT ALL. INTp maybe.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Acting out in the video was fun and I can guarantee you I couldn't repeat that if there were people around, except for maybe very close friends. I am pretty serious and reserved most of the time. I don't see ENTP in me AT ALL. INTp maybe.

Personally I don't see how anyone can type you from a few posts on the internet or a video. I think some people take their understanding of MBTI way too seriously. For them the world just doesn't make sense if you don't fall into whatever limited category they think you should fit in. Their "logic" is governed by subjective interpretation of everything... we all have opinions, but some people can't tell their opinions apart from fact. Fortunately reality marches on as it always was despite their inability to interpret it.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Personally I don't see how anyone can type you from a few posts on the internet or a video. I think some people take their understanding of MBTI way too seriously. For them the world just doesn't make sense if you don't fall into whatever limited category they think you should fit in. Their "logic" is governed by subjective interpretation of everything... we all have opinions, but some people can't tell their opinions apart from fact. Fortunately reality marches on as it always was despite their inability to interpret it.

Experience irons out those flaws, this is why we have an entire forum based around exchanging our experiences and stuff. You can't really take peoples typings all that seriously either, they may say INTP, but really mean 'I'm more sure it's INTP than anything else, given the information I've recieved'. If you want, we could enforce that people pop up this disclaimer when typing, but that would be silly. So there's really no point in arguing about other peoples typings, it's just good fun, so go have some fun you silly INTJ :D

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Experience irons out those flaws, this is why we have an entire forum based around exchanging our experiences and stuff. You can't really take peoples typings all that seriously either, they may say INTP, but really mean 'I'm more sure it's INTP than anything else, given the information I've recieved'. If you want, we could enforce that people pop up this disclaimer when typing, but that would be silly. So there's really no point in arguing about other peoples typings, it's just good fun, so go have some fun you silly INTJ :D

I wasn't aware I was arguing with anybody about "typings"... I personally don't engage in the unsolicited typing of other people because I find it ridiculous... that's just my opinion... Personally I can't think of one good reason to tell someone else what I think their personality type should be when they clearly do not agree with me, especially if I have limited information about who they are as a person.

If you want to engage in unsolicited typing for fun then wouldn't it be reasonable to expect some people to disagree with you? That only seems logical to me.

That being said... I was simply encouraging a fellow INTJ not to take unsolicited typing from random people on a forum very seriously considering those typings are based on subjective conclusions taken from limited information. That's hardly the equivalent of engaging in an argument.:shock:

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
If you want to engage in unsolicited typing for fun then wouldn't it be reasonable to expect some people to disagree with you? That only seems logical to me.
If you analyze my word choices I think you'll find evidence that that was in fact my expectation :D

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you analyze my word choices I think you'll find evidence that that was in fact my expectation :D

Why would I take the time to analyze your word choices? Your word choices are not relevant to the original post that I made to the OP nor are they relevant to my response to king-of-despair.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
Why would I take the time to analyze your word choices? Your word choices are not relevant to the original post that I made to the OP nor are they relevant to my response to king-of-despair.
Considering it was me who prompted...actually never mind.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
*thinking*

Have I ever seen an INTJ act silly, as in playful in a ridiculous down is up and left is right, and life is light sense?

No.

Have I ever seen an INTJ appreciate someone, i.e. me, or even someone else act silly?

:yes:

And, most importantly, have I ever witnessed INTJs having some assbackwards silly to the nth degree ideas.... too many times to count. :D

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Have you ever seen an INTJ get up in front of a TV and dance jokingly when he knows he cant dance. I would get a video but he would probably disown me as a son:D The pictures of an INTJ running back to the couch avoiding pictures of him being silly are pretty funny as well. Kinda blurred as they can run pretty fast in these instances.

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I don't understand why, in order to be funny, you must be an ENTP. Besides, most ENTPs are never as funny as they think they are.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
I don't understand why, in order to be funny, you must be an ENTP. Besides, most ENTPs are never as funny as they think they are.

I already explained my reasoning. It has nothing to do with being funny.

spin-1/2-nuclei

MBTI Type
INTJ
Considering it was me who prompted...actually never mind.

It doesn't really matter what you prompted... I was responding to a post made by thescientist not a post made by you and later to a post made by king-of-despair... neither of which specifically mentioned you, so it was the general concept I was speaking of, not your comments specifically... Whatever you did or did not mean to say is of no consequence since I was not responding to you...

I was responding to thescientist's defense of her INTJness and informing her that I personally didn't see any reason why she should feel the need to defend her personality to random people on the internet.

The only reason you're even coming up is because for some reason you think this is about you, which seems more like a personal problem to me... So incase that wasn't clear enough for you I'll break it down more bluntly...

I wasn't concerned with your opinion nor how you meant it or your word choices or anything to do with you... I was responding to thescientist's perception of what other people thought of her INTJness...

hopefully this makes more sense to you now. If it doesn't I can't help you.

Resonance

Energizer Bunny
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
6w5
It doesn't really matter what you prompted... I was responding to a post made by thescientist not a post made by you and later to a post made by king-of-despair... neither of which specifically mentioned you, so it was the general concept I was speaking of, not your comments specifically... Whatever you did or did not mean to say is of no consequence since I was not responding to you...

I was responding to thescientist's defense of her INTJness and informing her that I personally didn't see any reason why she should feel the need to defend her personality to random people on the internet.

The only reason you're even coming up is because for some reason you think this is about you, which seems more like a personal problem to me... So incase that wasn't clear enough for you I'll break it down more bluntly...

I wasn't concerned with your opinion nor how you meant it or your word choices or anything to do with you... I was responding to thescientist's perception of what other people thought of her INTJness...

hopefully this makes more sense to you now. If it doesn't I can't help you.
:huh: who else "engage[d] in unsolicited typing for fun"?

F

figsfiggyfigs

well. You're beautiful! : )

I liked your video. It was very well made, and You definitely were silly!! :D

*high five*

No worries. I have my silly moments as well! :p

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

I mean, has nobody noticed how funny and silly Edgar can be on this forum, and he's INTJ...hmmm....SmileyMan can also be pretty silly in vent...I'm sure there are others. INTJ has an ESFP shadow after all.