User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Default How fast do you read?

Today I read 35 pages of a novel in 30 minutes. I swear I used to read faster but I've gone off books for a while and I think it wrecked it. How fast do you read?

Phantonym

What are the dimensions of the page? How large is the font? Spacing? What subject was the book on? How interested were you in the subject?

I'm more interested in the subject matter of the book and I want to enjoy the process, not only the quantity I can devour. I'm a pretty fast reader but it certainly depends on the aspects already mentioned above.

MBTI
    INTJ

About this size:
    Novel page image by phayemuss on Photobucket

or maybe a little bigger. It was a fictional novel, fairly enjoyable so far.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I'm a very fast reader. I once startled a friend by reading a 500+ page book in one day...
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    I'm a very fast reader. I once startled a friend by reading a 500+ page book in one day...
    Well I don't know if that's that fast. I've read 700 page books in one day before. Do't know for sure if I could now though.

I think I am pretty average in the speed I read. I tried learning to speed read but it felt like scoffing my food.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I used to think I read very fast as well, then I read the averages which's odd... the average reading speed is ~300wpm, or approximately 1 page per minute roughly.

Which's odd since almost noone I know reads that fast, at least noone in person I know of. Yet almost everyone I know of online does.

Yeu fit almost perfectly into the average.

So it's a little strange... maybe people around here just read slow, I'm not sure.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I read this thread in 0.85 seconds.

:workout:

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

It depends. I think I can read fast if I would like to, but more often I want to think about what I read, so I stop every page to think about it for a while.. and then, after a few hours I discover I thought more about the book than I actually read it. That's a very slow way of reading, but I enjoy the process.
    Personality type: INTJ Enneagramtype: 5w4 Neurodiversity: Asperger's Syndrome
    The aim of life is self-development. To realize one's nature perfectly - that is what each of us is here for. - Oscar Wilde

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Very slow. Think I have a slight form of dyslexia or some other disability that effects the speed of my reading. Regardless my ability to absorb what I read is tremendous. Compared to most people I have talked to I get much more absorbed in my reading when I am focused. Its the closest thing to it actually happening...like The Neverending Story (light).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"